Where is Andres Deza

Surf should have just kept Jose Ocampo. They would still be playing the same beautiful soccer I watched his high school girls play tonight. There were a few elites but for the most part they played as a unit with good vision, movement, and execution. Ocampo told my daughter that he wanted to save her legs for the Blues this weekend when he pulled her out. She told him not to worry about her legs with the style of soccer they were playing. It was great to see a Varsity girls team just pinging the ball around the back, up the sides and through the middle as the movement relentlessly broke down defensive pressure. Pretty demoralizing for opponents.
Jose plays possession soccer and plays out of the back. When my daughter played with him for a year it opened her eyes to a different style of play than she was familiar with. I appreciate that part of her experience with him. What I do not appreciate was his brother taking a shot from within the box during a scrimmage and breaking my kid's arm (a week before she was set to fly to Kansas to tryout for the National Futsal team). I don't appreciate how the club handled the entire situation, from lack of a real apology or an offer to pay the doctor bills (it wasn't the money but the point of owning the mistake). I don't appreciate how he chose to berate my daughter during the 1/2 time of a game for her performance (which was not bad) and criticize her for choosing the go elsewhere after the season - funny he didn't call out any of the other players that were also leaving and sat quietly on that same bench while kid was getting yelled at. That team lost 8 or 9 players to DA/ECNL clubs so weren't the only ones that had decided to move on (the following year that team lost another 7-8 players). Jose and his brothers understand and are committed to possession soccer. They do a good job of developing younger girls. For a variety of reasons a lot of his younger players move on to other clubs. If you are going to tell a story about a coach, tell a complete story.

And if Jose or the president of the club want to have a discussion with me, my phone number hasn't changed.

Jose plays possession soccer and plays out of the back. When my daughter played with him for a year it opened her eyes to a different style of play than she was familiar with. I appreciate that part of her experience with him. What I do not appreciate was his brother taking a shot from within the box during a scrimmage and breaking my kid's arm (a week before she was set to fly to Kansas to tryout for the National Futsal team). I don't appreciate how the club handled the entire situation, from lack of a real apology or an offer to pay the doctor bills (it wasn't the money but the point of owning the mistake). I don't appreciate how he chose to berate my daughter during the 1/2 time of a game for her performance (which was not bad) and criticize her for choosing the go elsewhere after the season - funny he didn't call out any of the other players that were also leaving and sat quietly on that same bench while kid was getting yelled at. That team lost 8 or 9 players to DA/ECNL clubs so weren't the only ones that had decided to move on (the following year that team lost another 7-8 players). Jose and his brothers understand and are committed to possession soccer. They do a good job of developing younger girls. For a variety of reasons a lot of his younger players move on to other clubs. If you are going to tell a story about a coach, tell a complete story.

And if Jose or the president of the club want to have a discussion with me, my phone number hasn't changed.
Wow, just wow!!! You're a trip dude!!!

maybe that's what the "residence academy" will be - SD players pooled out with NorCal and other Surf affiliate players? More drama for SD Surf players to come it seems.
Surf could not roster more than two Nor Cal kids on their rosters. They would be discovery players. You can only roster 2 for the season, so they won't be merging rosters (that is how I am interpreting this conversation. If I am wrong, I apologize).

We've just left PSV to move to FC Bay Area and this happens. I hope it works out.
We had dear friends join a club for ECNL and then the next day it was DPL. They said it will all go well and to stay da course. Like some have said, find a great coach and hope to God he or she sticks around longer than a year.

Super excited for UCLA making Elite 8 baby!! Lets go SC. Beavers already in so Pac 12 with 3 teams in Elite 8. My buddy Colin told me Big 10 was all this and that and Pac 12 sucked this year. He was wrong big time....lol!

I heard announcement was coming out last Friday. Nothing has been sent out to families or posted online for days. Does anyone have any information to share on what’s going on? Ideas? Scenarios? Rumors?

Deza has a proven track record and will be a great pick up for Surf. The more player centric clubs provide opportunities and development over the clubs with just a good business model. Ego and good talk can only get you so far before you actually have to develop your players. I’m sure this leaves FC Bay Area in a predicament.

Deza has a proven track record and will be a great pick up for Surf. The more player centric clubs provide opportunities and development over the clubs with just a good business model. Ego and good talk can only get you so far before you actually have to develop your players. I’m sure this leaves FC Bay Area in a predicament.
Does FCBA have a better shot at ECNL now that Deza is gone?

If so, it might have a positive side for them, too.

Does FCBA have a better shot at ECNL now that Deza is gone?

If so, it might have a positive side for them, too.
That is possible. Though I am not sure how ECNL feels about adding another Bay Area club. Right now there is Force, MVLA, Rage, Mustang, and Marin in the greater bay area. What would it also mean for GAL? I've been wondering if that league will be successful. Curious on others thoughts.

That is possible. Though I am not sure how ECNL feels about adding another Bay Area club. Right now there is Force, MVLA, Rage, Mustang, and Marin in the greater bay area. What would it also mean for GAL? I've been wondering if that league will be successful. Curious on others thoughts.
I'd be surprised if GAL is successful. A few top so cal teams going ECNL and most top clubs in GAL keep trying for ECN(fc Virginia, Tophat, etc)L. If a few more get in, it won't compete with ECNL or have a chance. I guess it depends on who else ECNL accept in the next few months.

MVLA and Force will absolutely flip if FCBA gets ECNL. I don't see it happening in that area.

Wow, I already was not a fan of Jose's. He does teach a good game, but he does not teach a good a example of how to behave like and adult and treat children with respect.

I’ve heard rumors of a Bay Area Surf SC. Not sure if this has anything to do with Deza, or if some thing is happening as part of a larger plan, especially since the loss of Deza from Bay Area FC. Has anyone heard any rumors at can confirm?

I’ve heard rumors of a Bay Area Surf SC. Not sure if this has anything to do with Deza, or if some thing is happening as part of a larger plan, especially since the loss of Deza from Bay Area FC. Has anyone heard any rumors at can confirm?
Isn't there already a San Jose Surf SC?

Heard the same which makes sense because of Deza. What's most interesting is SJ surf and BBA who now folded into FCBA were HUGE rivals on the boys side. Very curious if that stays separate or if they all fold into FCBA Surf. Would be quality club potentially but interesting nonetheless. Feel like Surf is like Oprah giving away gifts(minus paying us thousands of dollars to wear our gear that you actually pay for) :) you all get a Surf. Kool aid must taste good.

Surf has already been bringing several clubs into their fold in Nor Cal. San Jose Surf has been a major factor in this. Hopefully this means San Jose Surf will be able to provide more families the opportunities and experiences they were already giving their own players. The rumors of any merger can definitely change the landscape in the area, but of course still only a rumor.

0FA89FAB-6212-49DB-BCD4-5BA866164894.jpeg

Hearing FC Bay Area, San Jose Surf, Saratoga Spurs, LFC, South San Jose and Star Academy all merging to create new Bay Area club.

Any thoughts of this is accurate or a stretch? Which other clubs might be involved...

Back