Where is Andres Deza

Pool play is certain to disrupt business as usual. Great insight BTW! Takes some getting used to, many parents (and players) will not like it.
1. Surf definitely does not do pool play currently with their older teams, and never has. Hasn't on the boys side either. Though a great idea, their high strung parents will NEVER go for that. Especially the 5-7 parents (depending on the team) whose kid, for a variety of reasons (not always talent), plays the entire game.

2. Surf has played 4-3-3 possession for a long time so not sure how this guy's possession is going to be dramatically different. At least for those players 12 and up who have already missed out on the fundamental skill-building ages.

3. Don't list names of coaches that "suck" or are "great" unless your kid has personally played for him or her. If they haven't, you don't know.

1. Surf definitely does not do pool play currently with their older teams, and never has. Hasn't on the boys side either. Though a great idea, their high strung parents will NEVER go for that. Especially the 5-7 parents (depending on the team) whose kid, for a variety of reasons (not always talent), plays the entire game.

2. Surf has played 4-3-3 possession for a long time so not sure how this guy's possession is going to be dramatically different. At least for those players 12 and up who have already missed out on the fundamental skill-building ages.

3. Don't list names of coaches that "suck" or are "great" unless your kid has personally played for him or her. If they haven't, you don't know.
My dd played two years at Surf ((natty in 2017)) and we played 4 4 2. BTW, my dd played for Coach Nancy at AYSO, then Coach Crush ((me)) at Rec League ((this was where Arsenal South recruited goats)) Coach Marci, Coach Heather, Coach Howard, Coach Jenny, Coach Matt, Coach Josh, Coach Tad, Coach Rob ((The Gaffer)), Coach Pauley, Coach Cris, Coach Abner, Coach Larry, Coach Tim, Coach Kyle and coach Ben. A special thanks to all the trainers: Trainer Matt Evans, Trainer Jason that has insane workouts over at Socal Soccer Academy, Trainer Helm. Wow, that was a lot. I also got to watch Baker Brothers in action two days a week for two years and my dd scrimmaged their top teams to get humbled because no one could touch us in the SCDSL. We were the only team at Blues who gave up zero goals and still to this day have the longest streak ever of not giving up a goal.

Last edited:

Can't agree more (hope you are not insinuating that I've singled out any coaches)

Can't agree more (hope you are not insinuating that I've singled out any coaches)
I do agree with Canada on the not really having a opinion of a coach is good, bad or ugly. Trust me, if you see a parent at Silver Lakes, Oceanside or GPOC and their whining or bragging about their coach, dont believe IT until you lived IT. Experience matters. If you lived IT, well then share some stuff of IT, if it will help the group out. Were all in this together and were all trying to find peace, right Happy? I love the name of your avatar bro. I love you Happy :)

I’ve seen the 04 and 05 Quake teams play possession it’s much different than Surfs. Better.

I’ve seen the 04 and 05 Quake teams play possession it’s much different than Surfs. Better.
Last I saw Deza's #1 04 Quakes team was GDA 2018 and my dd team beat them 2-0. I have to brag bro. She scored the two goals and it was best game at the time for her young soccer career. I can;t wait to see her get another crack at the legend. Pauley out coached him that day and everyone who was anyone was there Lastman. It was epic!!!

FC Bay Area is now part of the Surf family! The deception continues. Now Andres is their virtual DOC, but he's still around!!! Lol
That’s huge. Surf will dominate in Cali. If they did an all star team it would be insane. But Juan Porras is listed as DOC and he is just as good as Andres. Juan in NorCal and Andres in SoCal. Hard to pick one over the other but if calaborating they will win ECNL in most age groups.

That’s huge. Surf will dominate in Cali. If they did an all star team it would be insane. But Juan Porras is listed as DOC and he is just as good as Andres. Juan in NorCal and Andres in SoCal. Hard to pick one over the other but if calaborating they will win ECNL in most age groups.

I get that FCBA is part of Surf now, but part of ECNL, too? Huh.

I get that FCBA is part of Surf now, but part of ECNL, too? Huh.
Don't you know. FCBA is taking over half of SD surf roster but shhhhh don't tell the so cal parents just yet! I find it a little hard to believe since Barca Bay Area who combined with FÇ Bay Area are big rivals of SJ surf right now. Once on their website, I'll believe it haha but would add to the youth soccer fun

Tad, Josh, Pauley ((need to have a quick chat first but all is good and my dd really liked him as a coach. She likes people who tell it like it is. You just need to take it too from a 14 year old girl as well)), Gaffer, Jenny, Coach Heather, her dad Coach Howard, Deza, Baker Bros, Matt Hodges ((RIP)), Coach Ben Helm, Coach Timbuck and Coach Danny T at Surf. This is also under the assumption they dont have to play politics and it's just coaching the actual training sessions and the games.
Danny T. Good coach, good people.

Don't you know. FCBA is taking over half of SD surf roster but shhhhh don't tell the so cal parents just yet! I find it a little hard to believe since Barca Bay Area who combined with FÇ Bay Area are big rivals of SJ surf right now. Once on their website, I'll believe it haha but would add to the youth soccer fun
maybe that's what the "residence academy" will be - SD players pooled out with NorCal and other Surf affiliate players? More drama for SD Surf players to come it seems.

Last I saw Deza's #1 04 Quakes team was GDA 2018 and my dd team beat them 2-0. I have to brag bro. She scored the two goals and it was best game at the time for her young soccer career. I can;t wait to see her get another crack at the legend. Pauley out coached him that day and everyone who was anyone was there Lastman. It was epic!!!

from what I remember they were undefeated in 2018/2019
They realized the new GA league competition is not what they expected. They’ve been rejected by ECNL multiple times. Surf will help them into ECNL.
But come on you can’t say they shouldn’t be in ECNL. Wether you like Deza or not, you can’t argue with their success. They develop great soccer players. They have very good teams and fun to watch.

If ECNL truly wants to be the best league in the country they need to have all the best clubs. Right now they don’t. They need to set the local politics aside, bring in the best and get rid of the rest.

Promotion and relegation. Like the rest of the world. Clubs should have to earn a spot in the top league not because you know the right people or you have always been in it. Relegate all the clubs that shouldn’t be in. Santa Rosa, Davis, and Rage. Add FC Bay Area, Placer, Lamo they develop players and teams play good. Now that’s a solid conference. Or keep them all in and the clubs at the bottom after a season move into ECRL and have to work their way back. NorCal concerns needs to a shake up for the good of the game. The competition will only make the teams better just like SoCal.

It would put GA out business if Tophat, FC Bay Area, Weston, IMG, and few others as well.

from what I remember they were undefeated in 2018/2019
2017-2018, they lost bro. I remember and I have the video :) Keep in mine the GDA made a huge mistake by not offering playoffs for 14 year olds. Thats why the Deza v Dolinski 04 game was big time. It was billed as the game of the year. Socal vs Nocal. We won 2-0. We also beat Legends that year. Those were the two big games circled for my dd and the other players. Keep in mine we were coming off being the #1 team in the country. Deza said his Force team was true #1 but he bailed for greener pasture for EQ job and his team was not eligible. However, he went around bragging that his team was tops Our coach said this is our GDA championship game and we need to show Deza we are better just for that day. All for bragging rights too.

LOL Surf has NEVER played a possession game. Passing the ball back and forth is NOT possession and Deza's methodology is unlike many have seen. Just wait till you see the training sessions...theyi're pretty good.

Surf has had teams that can possess but that is not and has never been (prior) their forte...Winning has been and by wining I mean by any means necessary with exceptional kids that can score is what they're known for. Don't get the two confused...

they're both AMAZING but Juan is a little more level headed lol
Just don't ask the story of him and Burlingame DOC...ever! Let's just say ex best friends.

Both are wonderful trainers and will continue to do well on the field wherever they go. Glad Juan is working with real talent again. He deserves more than star level although being the main boss is nice as well.

Back