Where is Andres Deza

Another gem. You feel so comfortable going after people's kids. Don't you find that weird, creepy, and distasteful? Or maybe being a creeper is just your thing. something I just need to accept.
What would the forum be like without Bozo?

Good luck to those staying at FCB. Those who run the program promote a sickening toxic culture. Andres can not be blamed for running, he was over it.

Good luck to those staying at FCB. Those who run the program promote a sickening toxic culture. Andres can not be blamed for running, he was over it.
Details? I know people with kids still in Star. They were already thinking of going to FCB before their “partners in development” announcement.

You absolutely can blame him. He was running the ship and was looking for a new pond to work with. He partnered up with Heath Piper who runs or ran Barca ( Bay Area Barcelona). Piper's daughters at 04 and believe she's committed to DUKE. So yes you can but the blame on those guys. Andres has a great reputation in coach. Heath Piper? His experience was 1 team he put together and Andres partnered with him and snatched all of his best 04's. Andres burned all his bridges in Norcal so moving to Socal is the best option for him. His unique curriculum and global approach really helped the last U-17 YNT at WC.... they didn't make it out of group play. The accent is deceiving. Same when I was growing up when the English was the talk of the town.

You absolutely can blame him. He was running the ship and was looking for a new pond to work with. He partnered up with Heath Piper who runs or ran Barca ( Bay Area Barcelona). Piper's daughters at 04 and believe she's committed to DUKE. So yes you can but the blame on those guys. Andres has a great reputation in coach. Heath Piper? His experience was 1 team he put together and Andres partnered with him and snatched all of his best 04's. Andres burned all his bridges in Norcal so moving to Socal is the best option for him. His unique curriculum and global approach really helped the last U-17 YNT at WC.... they didn't make it out of group play. The accent is deceiving. Same when I was growing up when the English was the talk of the town.

Why is it that a job is a job and congrats are in order any time someone finds a better job, unless it is girls youth soccer coach, in which case they owe it to the children to stay in a crappy job forever? Correct me if I am wrong, but he left Gryphons for a better job at Force, he left Force for a better job at Quakes, and he left Quakes because GDA collapsed so the job went away. So now he’s going to Surf, which seems like a great opportunity as far as girls youth soccer jobs are concerned. Isn’t that how careers are supposed to work?

And why shouldn’t kids follow the person they like and want to coach their kid? Since when are children the personal property of Gryphons? Force? Quakes? Barca/Force North? Why is it never the fault of the s**ty cheapskate club that refuses to pay their coaching talent what it takes to keep them? Why is it that s**ty clubs think they should be allowed to force coaches to work for sub-market wages? Why do they think customers should be prohibited from going to a better club that pays its employees better and therefore attracts better talent?

I have no idea what you’re talking about wrt to the U17 national team, but maybe you should criticize the actual coach and those who selected that team, rather than the guy who had one pretty insanely good player (and national HS player of the year) on that team. You must be a serious Deza hater to blame him for the U17s when he wasn’t even the coach. Oh, and the U17s haven’t done jack in almost 15 years yet the full national team is the strongest and most dominating it has ever been. Why is that? Because U17 world cups are a joke. Because U17s in most countries that excel play and train together constantly, while the US throws kids together for a couple weeks and hopes individual talent with no team cohesion will get it done. If U17 world cups were indicative of anything, North Korea would have the best full national team in the world right now.

I believe at least 4 Deza kids have played at or are committed to Stanford in a 6 year span, including a full NT player, at least 8 have gone Ivy, another 8-10 to Cal, 2 each to UCLA and Duke, etc. There are maybe 4 other coaches in the entire US with his creds. So why are you so petty? Did your daughter’s best teammate leave for better coaching, dashing your hopes of a U13 super team?

AD burns every bridge he crosses. We go way back to the pre-De Anza 98 days. SoCal will learn. There is a reason he isn't a college coach.

Only with cheapskate clubs that won’t pay what he is worth, and bitter daddies who are upset that the best player on their kid’s team left for better coaching under him.

So mean of him to be such a great coach that the customers followed him every time he went to a better job. What a jerk. Force was such a victim, so long as you forget that it “stole” him from Gryphons and then tried to underpay him. Quakes was such a victim, although he left because the job disappeared because GDA collapsed? Gryphons was such a victim when it paid him 1/10th what he was making - and actually worth - at Quakes a few years later?

So what did Deza did to you personally that makes you dislike him so much? I can almost guarantee one of two things: (1) your or your friend’s kid’s soccer team got worse because one of her teammates left for better coaching; (2) your or your friend’s kids played under him briefly and did not do well. Or you’re Baicher and you’ve got a serious inferiority complex over a guy who is 10x the coach and still wins all the business without even trying and despite your million dollar smile and golden locks.

I'll take the ignore button off but will quickly go back to ignore. Actually He was at Gryphon's and Force and the same time to recruit players from Gryphons to Force. Gryphon changed to Forth Norcal Get it now? Yes he left Force for Quakes, very good opportunity for him. 2 years later ( Are you seeing a pattern here EOTL) to starts a new club BAFC and was at probably 5 practices in 8 months. Once all players paid there fees he was GONE. I beat you he created this league for Heath Piper( Owner of Barca) so they can survive. BTW, my dd played for Deza before we moved so I'm not a hater kind sir. His crew was the best when they had Deza, Porras and Lusciano. Best coaches I've seen at the youth level. Give you another insite EOTL- Deza has his name in the pot for 3/4 years to become a coach for the YNT. His name never makes the final 3. As I said before he's a very good YOUTH trainer and with this new opportunity at San Diego Surf he will draw players. Time will tell.

I was going to continue but your going back to mute kind sir.... Please don't high jack the thread as well. Your like the Coronavirus you are a super spreader. Go get vaccinated please.

I'll take the ignore button off but will quickly go back to ignore. Actually He was at Gryphon's and Force and the same time to recruit players from Gryphons to Force. Gryphon changed to Forth Norcal Get it now? Yes he left Force for Quakes, very good opportunity for him. 2 years later ( Are you seeing a pattern here EOTL) to starts a new club BAFC and was at probably 5 practices in 8 months. Once all players paid there fees he was GONE. I beat you he created this league for Heath Piper( Owner of Barca) so they can survive. BTW, my dd played for Deza before we moved so I'm not a hater kind sir. His crew was the best when they had Deza, Porras and Lusciano. Best coaches I've seen at the youth level. Give you another insite EOTL- Deza has his name in the pot for 3/4 years to become a coach for the YNT. His name never makes the final 3. As I said before he's a very good YOUTH trainer and with this new opportunity at San Diego Surf he will draw players. Time will tell.

I was going to continue but your going back to mute kind sir.... Please don't high jack the thread as well. Your like the Coronavirus you are a super spreader. Go get vaccinated please.

Oh lord. Gryphons became Force North, and even before that Force and Gryphons had a relationship. Gryphons knew he was involved with Force. Gryphons knew that Force had ECNL and if didn’t and that is what happens with elite players when they get to that age. The bitter Gryphon people were all parents who were whiny that the best players were no longer going to prop up theirs at a club that had no elite league beyond little kiddie ball and could not give elite players what they needed.
The best kiddie Gryphon players went to ECNL where they belonged and the ones who weren’t ended up where they belonged.

He started his own business BAFC because it was his best option until Surf came up, just as a lot of laid off people during pandemics. So mean-spirited of him to try to make a living. So bridge burning. What a mean guy to try to make a living.

So what did Deza did to you personally that makes you dislike him so much? I can almost guarantee one of two things: (1) your or your friend’s kid’s soccer team got worse because one of her teammates left for better coaching; (2) your or your friend’s kids played under him briefly and did not do well. Or you’re Baicher and you’ve got a serious inferiority complex over a guy who is 10x the coach and still wins all the business without even trying and despite your million dollar smile and golden locks.

None of the above. My daughter played many years for him. His moral compass points only to things that benefit him. Great trainer, sure. But there are other things in play.

None of the above. My daughter played many years for him. His moral compass points only to things that benefit him. Great trainer, sure. But there are other things in play.

FC Bay Area has some good coaches, but partnering with Alex Sounders (Liverpool and ex- Earthquakes coach) is a crime. I don't care if Alex is President of Man City, the way this dude treated kids on the field was horrible, witnessed it time and time again. Degrading and screaming at kids for making mistakes, as if making mistakes are not part of the learning process in life. How some of these coaches keep getting jobs is beyond me. Parents wouldn't tolerate their math or Biology teacher screaming at their kids, but somehow coaches are the exception. Don't know Heath Piper much, but Paul Monteith and the rest of the crew are good guys.

I hate it when people make job decisions based on what is best for them and their family. He was hired by Gryphons for what $10-20k a year? How dare he leverage his talent to make $200k plus at Quakes. The American Dream should not apply to girls’ soccer coaches. So nefarious of him. Definitely super secret and sneaky “other things at play.”

But more importantly, we need to make absolutely sure that youth girls coaches only make the kind of money that a place like Gryphons offers. Otherwise, some of the best youth coaches in the US might decide to coach on the girls side, and we certainly don’t want that. He should have been forced to earn poverty level wages at Gryphons until it forced him out of the industry. Only boys coaches should make that kind of money. Only the boys DA clubs should be able to recruit elite players.

Since when is following a better opportunity wrong?
He was running the ship? oh boy you are wrong. This club has been a family ran business for a long time now. Andrés stopped running It or having any kind of say a few seasons ago. Snatching players is not possible. Following a coach to another club is entirely a players/family decisión. There are deeper issues with this organization than just players following a coach. Every aspect of this club is controlled by those who run it, coaches at FCB are employees following rules, just that.

If we are going to say Andrés snatched players, why aren’t we saying Andrés was lured into leaving force because those who took him couldn’t gain complete control at forcé? Persuaded by those who portrayed a greener grass on the other side so that their dd can be coached by what they believe is the best. -And if their DD has miraculously committed like you say then his job there is done. It’s that simple.

I hate it when people make job decisions based on what is best for them and their family. He was hired by Gryphons for what $10-20k a year? How dare he leverage his talent to make $200k plus at Quakes. The American Dream should not apply to girls’ soccer coaches. So nefarious of him. Definitely super secret and sneaky “other things at play.”

But more importantly, we need to make absolutely sure that youth girls coaches only make the kind of money that a place like Gryphons offers. Otherwise, some of the best youth coaches in the US might decide to coach on the girls side, and we certainly don’t want that. He should have been forced to earn poverty level wages at Gryphons until it forced him out of the industry. Only boys coaches should make that kind of money. Only the boys DA clubs should be able to recruit elite players.

Or maybe he's an asshat who quickly wears out the welcome mat?

He should chase the big dollars, nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong for people to form their opinions based on first hand knowledge and an established pattern. Welcome to the forum - where opinions are shared.

Just the fact that you are so strenuously defending this guy forces me to question his motives (and I could care less). With that said, he has the right to seek greener pastures. I'm sure many in NORCAL would say buyer beware.

Back