When will Socal Games start again

When will the first official youth soccer games be played in Socal?

• On or before November 10, 2020

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • After November 10, 2020

Votes: 58 65.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see league games happening before November. But if we're only talking about games/scrimmages, then yes. Most kids who choose to participate are eager to play an actual game. Unless your coach is universally disliked, you should have no problem getting a scrimmage or two every week once it's allowed.

I believe it's franchise

I did see a local cross-fit gym busy yestereday morning (north OC). Sounds like small business owners are taking risk and just opening up. You can't blame them given that we are now on 5 months. Hoping those Russians hurry up and release that vaccine by August. LOL

I would like to better understand how many states are allowing youth sports to play games and how many are not. Don’t understand how the medical experts can differ so much from state to state on this subject. Can’t understand how states like Texas have been allowing youth sports for awhile now and we get all giddy because our kids can now play in a box.

I would like to better understand how many states are allowing youth sports to play games and how many are not. Don’t understand how the medical experts can differ so much from state to state on this subject. Can’t understand how states like Texas have been allowing youth sports for awhile now and we get all giddy because our kids can now play in a box.
This answer steps into the realm of politics. Without getting into details, the leadership in different states view the risk differently and given states' rights, each state can apply restrictions, or not, as they see fit.

The medical experts agree. The difference is either due to a given state being in a different phase of the virus or the state is a trumper, anti-science state.

BANNED FOR 7 DAYS.

DOMINIC

Last edited by a moderator:
My local crossfit place was packed yesterday. No place to park anywhere near it. I just happened to pass by. Is gyms open now?
Not sure what county you are located in, but LA County does allow for gym's to remain open if they are able to function physically outside. My wife's gym is cross-fit based with no outside area. They hold classes in the parking lot. My gym has a pool area and several outside locations. And have done a great job recreating themselves and offering most workouts/equipment typically available.

1596656808508.png

Soccer talk Wednesday. I heard through the grapevine that this and that and I mean some serious this & that will be going down. Soccer might have to take a back seat. I tried hard but my Cup is now half empty and it has a leak at the bottom. Oh well-

Soccer talk Wednesday. I heard through the grapevine that this and that and I mean some serious this & that will be going down. Soccer might have to take a back seat. I tried hard but my Cup is now half empty and it has a leak at the bottom. Oh well-
Patch your cup with a duct tape and fill it with Koolaid

Thank you for the 7 day ban, Dominic. This is a soccer blog.
7 days is a week to think things over before you hit send :) I'm getting exciting for soccer to be played some day. My dd is so excited and has been waiting patiently, following all the rules so she can play against all the the top goats in socal.

7 days is a week to think things over before you hit send :) I'm getting exciting for soccer to be played some day. My dd is so excited and has been waiting patiently, following all the rules so she can play against all the the top goats in socal.
Soccer is coming. I know that my little ones are ready to start at soon as they are given the green light.

Soccer is coming. I know that my little ones are ready to start at soon as they are given the green light.

Let's just not play Red Light Green Light games with the kids with all this confusion. BTW, I always won that game back in K-3. Plus, red rover was one of my Favs too. Plus all the sports we played at recess, especially the great game of soccer. My middle school PE teacher had a whole season dedicated to coed soccer for 7th and 8th graders. Mandatory too and everyone played. Some boys hated the sport so they shagged all the missing shots. Goal post backed up to hill so the boys had to run after the missed shots. BTW, no one scored on me from what I can remember. Everyone had to participate and we had something like 8 teams. Two divisions. Prizes for 1st and 2nd place. The whole school would come and watch the finals in all these sports. We also did flag football coed and coed volleyball. It was awesome!!!

Back