When to blow the whistle?

NickName

SILVER ELITE
When should the whistle be blown?
(ignore the first whistle)

Should advantage have been given?

Hard to tell from the video because I cant tell what the attacker’s left arm was doing. (the ref can see it, but the cameraman can’t)

If the left hand grabbed the defender’s arm and spun him around, then free kick for defense.

If the defender backed into the striker and got spun when they collided, then I’d mark it as advantage or too small to call.

Happy to hear what more experienced refs think, though.

Ref is reaching to his pocket! Wonder what for and for who? Seems to me like defender pulled attackers's arm a bit when spinning around (he lost the ball it seems), and that is what the referee is calling. If that is what he whistled for, he should have called advantage and see what happens, which may have been a goal...

I think the ref saw the arm yank and decided to blow the whistle. He was already committed before seeing the shot go in. I would have done the same thing considering the angle, two defenders and that shitty, fucking field.

Before the start of the game for that horrendous field. :) Funny in one game I'll hear our coach yell both "give me the advantage" as well as "call the foul". Never easy for refs.

Back