When does the new season begin?

With all the effort that goes into filling out rosters, maybe 2021 is finally the year where coaches take whatever roster they have and work with them to improve fundamental skills rather than worry about playing games. Im sure that’s not a popular idea among moms and pops ! But might be best for the kids, especially younger.
Maybe I'm too idealistic, but I feel like if a kid diligently showed up to practice while his/her parents dutifully paid the fees this past year then then that kid earned a "rain check" spot on the roster, instead of being replaced by some shiny new object that shows up at a couple tryouts. Not holding my breath.

so if you do all of this, why do you need a coach?
I may be a good manager but a horrible coach or trainer. Lo Coaches have 2 to 3 teams. There’s no way they can do it all and manage 3 teams and have a regular job.

So don’t complain next time about your team manager. If you dont like what you have, then you take over the TM role to see if you can do it better. I do it for the love of the game and to keep my dd happy on a team that we dont want to break up. She has found a good group of friends with no drama between players or parents. That alone is worth the extra work.

WOW this is so wrong. If you play on a competitive team they do a LOT. Organize travel, help with player registration, photos for player cards, uniform ordering. Communication on games, practices, register for tournaments, collect team fees.
It's a thankless job as kids get older. I knew of a few coaches who had the TM as their Team Spy ((TS)). Crazy crazy is all I can say. Plus for some TS, they got other treats for being a good TS. I also have had so many great TMs who would work their asses off and still it wasnt enough. Love you all!!!

With all the effort that goes into filling out rosters, maybe 2021 is finally the year where coaches take whatever roster they have and work with them to improve fundamental skills rather than worry about playing games. Im sure that’s not a popular idea among moms and pops ! But might be best for the kids, especially younger.
So what you mean is coaches instead of recruiting actually have to do coaching? Good luck with that idea :)

It's a thankless job as kids get older. I knew of a few coaches who had the TM as their Team Spy ((TS)). Crazy crazy is all I can say. Plus for some TS, they got other treats for being a good TS. I also have had so many great TMs who would their asses of and still it wasnt enough. Love you all!!!

LOL at Team Spy.....

TMs definitely come in 3 flavors..... awesome.... chill.... toxic.....the first two are wins the last one makes the whole team suffer...... the worst scenario is when a managers kid is a weaker player and the coach either doesn't play them making the TM crazy or overplays them crazing the other parents and then backstabbing begins lol.......I am lucky to have avoided that except one year at u-little...... I've been assistant TM on and off as I know TM is a job I could not do alone..... since moving up from SD I have not needed to step up and only have one kid enrolled so it is less stressful........ but coaches should do more..........IMO some are really lazy and leave the TMs to do it all....... not fair

What exactly TM does, besides bringing cards to games? Should they really do anything else? It's a big title without anything behind it.
you were never a TM under LA galaxy. I fought with the registrar about player cards, dealt with MASSIVE uniform issues, coach changes, etc definitely not a walk in the park

m
Coaches are generally terrible administrators, either by choice or skill set. A good team manager is invaluable and often gets the brunt of parent dissatisfaction. They often get killed as the "messenger".
My favorite was 'get this kid a player card for Sat' (this if Thurs) then the kid didn't have a US birth certificate registrar wouldn't accept it -- meet me at his house with the passport the registrar wouldn't accept a copy of the passport. there is no way i would have given my passport over....the crap I went through was a joke-I am a highly organized ppl and managed 40 ppl at the time and this was the hardest non paying job I had. not even a player discount for 2 kids in the club

Here’s a pic to provide some hope for the soccer faithful. My dd is playing with some 02/03 out at Disney. This facility is unbelievable!
It is a wonder when you are backed by a bazillion dollar companyView attachment 9946
YES!!! .....lets all hop on a plane and go to Florida. Nothing could possibly go wrong flying since the planes HEPA filters are like breathing farts from the gods for 8 hours

What exactly TM does, besides bringing cards to games? Should they really do anything else? It's a big title without anything behind it.
You have no idea! Uniforms, pictures, schedules, cards, schedule changes, more schedule changes, tournaments, hotel block reservations. Team events. etc. etc. etc. Parent complaints, coach complaints. etc etc. Blood jersey, etc. etc. etc. Dealing with club fund raisers, notices to CalSouth or ECNL, or the former DA, etc. etc.

You have no idea! Uniforms, pictures, schedules, cards, schedule changes, more schedule changes, tournaments, hotel block reservations. Team events. etc. etc. etc. Parent complaints, coach complaints. etc etc. Blood jersey, etc. etc. etc. Dealing with club fund raisers, notices to CalSouth or ECNL, or the former DA, etc. etc.
SO much more etc etc! Thank you to all team managers past, present and future!

Back