When does the new season begin?

You cannot be serious. 45 states have been playing youth sports this entire past year. And, you are writing off 2021. C'mon. People will ignore the governor if he shuts down 2021.

I hope we play , but based on the shit show of 2020, and 2021 being much worst with no end in sight , its a good guess too say that :
there going to be alot of side hustle tourney and games
prob some more out of state garbage

and no league play for 2021.

Clubs will have a even tougher time this year convincing people to pay,

I know my kids just wanna play like everyone else , and I just wanna watch them have fun doing something they love

California is not going to let it happen for a long long time, youth sports is like the kids table at thanksgiving.

Nobody is paying attention to it

Over the next couple of months, clubs are going to ask their youngers parents to register for 2021-2022. In all likelihood, there won't be tryouts for kids who are returning, and there will either be virtual tryouts or distanced "come show up at a couple of practices" kinds of tryouts for kids who are transferring or are new. Parents, please don't transfer your kid this year, you will not wind up in a happy place. Anyways-- given all that, the estimate for incoming new pipeline kids is a drop by 75%+. This obviously isn't good as olders go off to college and we have a net drop in players of almost an entire age bracket's worth. With no AYSO from last fall to feed Ulittles into the pipeline, the U8 group registrations look dire.

I agree with your sentiment not to tryout with another team. The problem is that many established teams lost players during the year from attrition. My own kid's team has lost 3-4 players who decided to quit during the pandemic. I suspect they're gone for good. So my own kid's team needs to pick up 3-4 players. Where are these kids going to come from? Other teams, that's where. If they don't get players, the team is going to fracture. So there is going to be some movement happening.

I think as soon as one domino falls (one club decides to go for the next year recruitment/signup) all the other teams will quickly follow. I think it is a game of chicken right now as to who goes first.

I agree with your sentiment not to tryout with another team. The problem is that many established teams lost players during the year from attrition. My own kid's team has lost 3-4 players who decided to quit during the pandemic. I suspect they're gone for good. So my own kid's team needs to pick up 3-4 players. Where are these kids going to come from? Other teams, that's where. If they don't get players, the team is going to fracture. So there is going to be some movement happening.

I think as soon as one domino falls (one club decides to go for the next year recruitment/signup) all the other teams will quickly follow. I think it is a game of chicken right now as to who goes first.

It's already started. Announcement boards are full of tryout info. No one knows for sure of the kids who are taking a pandemic break who is coming back. It will be hard for the parents to evaluate the teams too if we can't scrimmage or in some cases even see the practices or practices that are full contact.

CalSouth is also still talking about a late spring season that messes things up, particularly since it may only happen in certain counties (doubt LA and Riverside will be seeing it)l

Not to mention, teams that are of age groups that are going from 7v7 to 9v9 or 9v9 to 11v11 will also need to pick up quite a few players too!

I agree that there will be player movement regardless; but imo that player movement will come from other teams that are disbanding, and from lower teams within the same club who are getting promoted, eg C team players moving up to the B team to replace B team players moving up to the A team to cover the 3 A team players who are not returning, etc etc.

My heart goes out to all of those coaches who will be net losing teams this coming year, and for those coaches who have teams moving up a field size, eg 7v7 to 9v9 and having to expand their roster at a time when every club is losing kids hand over fist.

Not to mention, teams that are of age groups that are going from 7v7 to 9v9 or 9v9 to 11v11 will also need to pick up quite a few players too!

Jinx! Yes, this. Imagine going from 14 kids on your 9v9 roster to 17 on your 11v11, and you lost 3 kids so you have to recruit 6 new kids for the team. That's what a bunch of coaches are facing.

Jinx! Yes, this. Imagine going from 14 kids on your 9v9 roster to 17 on your 11v11, and you lost 3 kids so you have to recruit 6 new kids for the team. That's what a bunch of coaches are facing.
Our team has 13 (9 v 9) but going to 11 v 11 could be a challenge if a few drop between now and July. Coaches and team managers need to get creative to keep parents happy. I picked the worse yesterday in youth sports history to be a team manager. Lol

Our team has 13 (9 v 9) but going to 11 v 11 could be a challenge if a few drop between now and July. Coaches and team managers need to get creative to keep parents happy. I picked the worse yesterday in youth sports history to be a team manager. Lol
Is it ever a good time to be team manager??

Is it ever a good time to be team manager??
That was a part time job with no pay. I did hear a few got maybe $100 off. To TM, sorry for being an asshole sometimes. It was hard on us parents too because sometimes coaches lied to us. Anyway, this is nothing compared to what has happen to all the innocent children around the world.

What exactly TM does, besides bringing cards to games? Should they really do anything else? It's a big title without anything behind it.
You should try it and you will change your mind
-Budgets
- Collect fees
- Register for tournaments
- Reminders weekly to parents
- Help recruit
- Help the coach setting up scrimmages.
- Give rides to kids that cant make it.
- Reminders and re-reminders of registration deadlines and monthly fees
- Plan team party
- Plan fundraisers

You should try it and you will change your mind
-Budgets
- Collect fees
- Register for tournaments
- Reminders weekly to parents
- Help recruit
- Help the coach setting up scrimmages.
- Give rides to kids that cant make it.
- Reminders and re-reminders of registration deadlines and monthly fees
- Plan team party
- Plan fundraisers
so if you do all of this, why do you need a coach?

With all the effort that goes into filling out rosters, maybe 2021 is finally the year where coaches take whatever roster they have and work with them to improve fundamental skills rather than worry about playing games. Im sure that’s not a popular idea among moms and pops ! But might be best for the kids, especially younger.

Back