When do MLSNext and Elite Academy League start for the SW?

Crickets as far when any of those might start up.

EA is for some clubs that have 2nd or other teams that don't play NEXT. Not associated with MLS although they maybe some that put a limited number of teams in to cover age gaps since NEXT has limited groups, combos, and not strictly calendar year

Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking it was just the top MLS next teams from what I was reading? Like a top league or for top teams but I guess not.
Thanks

In simplest terms its some of the MLS Next's clubs marketing ploy for an "Elite" 2nd tier league for boys. More or less its those club's answer to ECRL, the lower tier of ECNL. Like Lafalafa says, as of now EA has no affiliation with MLS Next.

as of right now there alot of teams floating with ideas since the SW ECNL teams have left the league in order to play locally in scrimmages, will be interesting to see what happens on the boys side of ECNL. Curious as to if boys teams go back to ECNL or jump on the MLS next wagon.

LA Surf parents: 3/13
Galaxy: Crickets

Who knows when the league will start? We shall see if it start in March.

San Diego MLS teams are going to Casa Grande this weekend for games against Del Sol and Barca. Don't know if they are official games or not.

San Diego MLS teams are going to Casa Grande this weekend for games against Del Sol and Barca. Don't know if they are official games or not.
The hotel right next to the fields has a nice bar where you have a cold beverage and get a nice sammy. Their reuben is pretty good.

At U14, Albion is going and CV maybe, but none of the other SD clubs. Not official games.

I've heard the rumors of March start date, even from one our club's coaches (who I don't trust), but I don't see how that happens. As usual, I hope I'm wrong.

Rumor update:

Albion coach told their 07's that they will be playing starting March 13 (against Nomads) and there will be a 16 game schedule. This info is from an Albion 07 parent,

Our coach told us that a ref he knows said that he was told to prepare for league games to start March 13, but otherwise no confirmation from our coach that we would be playing in March.

Schedules posted. Teams are listed in the Non-divisional section, will just have to scroll through everything.
Can also go into your player account on Gotsport... go to teams and then matches and they are there as well.

April 3: LAFC at LAG. Let's goooooooooooo. lol

Yes we start later in 4/17 on the Place holder.

To bad no galaxy at U19 but happy overall if only 8 or so games playing everyone once until mid June.

Schedules posted. Teams are listed in the Non-divisional section, will just have to scroll through everything.
Can also go into your player account on Gotsport... go to teams and then matches and they are there as well.

April 3: LAFC at LAG. Let's goooooooooooo. lol
Does anyone know if this is an actual season? I'm happy the kids are back playing, but seems like these are scrimmages.

Does anyone know if this is an actual season? I'm happy the kids are back playing, but seems like these are scrimmages.
What would qualify as an actual season? Given the timeline remaining I would say its not a full season but damn good considering the circumstances (of course, I didn't think we'd be playing until September, so maybe I have a low bar). It appears that all the teams in the SoCal and Southwest conferences will play each other once. I would guess since they're categorized as non-divisional games and half the games are cross division that there will be no standings, but maybe scores reported for U15 and above as they're currently doing.

I'm stoked for the opportunity to play each team once. The back to back in a weekend games in LA with LAGSD and LAFC may be a little brutal, but hey the kids should get a good idea of how far off the mark they are.

I would guess since they're categorized as non-divisional games and half the games are cross division that there will be no standings, but maybe scores reported for U15 and above as they're currently doing.
someone prolly just put in wrong spot.

Back