When do MLSNext and Elite Academy League start for the SW?

Just wondering about this. Anyone in the "know"?

Just wondering about this. Anyone in the "know"?
I'm not in the know on League play, but a large number of the MLS Next League teams (but not Galaxy or LAFC, which have been hamstrung by senior club restrictions) are participating in the Nomads Thanksgiving Tournament in MLS Next brackets. The games are billed as friendlies, but set up like a showcase with winners advancing to play against winners.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=79376

I'm not in the know on League play, but a large number of the MLS Next League teams (but not Galaxy or LAFC, which have been hamstrung by senior club restrictions) are participating in the Nomads Thanksgiving Tournament in MLS Next brackets. The games are billed as friendlies, but set up like a showcase with winners advancing to play against winners.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=79376

We're playing in this one in U19 and will nice to get in some games.

The format reminds of playoff showcase games: each game winner or loser going in different directions.

What's funny is there appears to be teams in the MLS next bracket that are not actually in the league: SBSC, LFCIA. Did they not have enough teams to fill the bracket and took them form elsewhere?

Would have be nice to see the other Top 3 teams currently in Next like Barca academy or the MLS ones but glad the boys have a chance to play.

We're playing in this one in U19 and will nice to get in some games.

The format reminds of playoff showcase games: each game winner or loser going in different directions.

What's funny is there appears to be teams in the MLS next bracket that are not actually in the league: SBSC, LFCIA. Did they not have enough teams to fill the bracket and took them form elsewhere?

Would have be nice to see the other Top 3 teams currently in Next like Barca academy or the MLS ones but glad the boys have a chance to play.
Nomads have canceled the tournament due to Covid. :(

I heard the same as your coach, September.

LA Surf is telling parents league will start in March.

One difference between the messages could be that there are two different regions involved and MLS Next is letting the regions run their own schedules. Depending upon the age group, the Southwest region includes four teams from San Diego and four teams from Arizona and the AZ clubs only played a schedule of league games in the fall. The SoCal region is primarily LA County (5 clubs) with one in Riverside, one in Ventura, and one in Santa Barbara and they haven't played league games at all.

It is certainly possible that no leagues in California will play any games under current CA public health guidelines before September, but the SoCal region is at least better set up for playing more games within county or with a neighboring county and they may still be holding out hope for getting something together for a mid-to-late spring through summer slate of games.

One difference between the messages could be that there are two different regions involved and MLS Next is letting the regions run their own schedules. Depending upon the age group, the Southwest region includes four teams from San Diego and four teams from Arizona and the AZ clubs only played a schedule of league games in the fall. The SoCal region is primarily LA County (5 clubs) with one in Riverside, one in Ventura, and one in Santa Barbara and they haven't played league games at all.

It is certainly possible that no leagues in California will play any games under current CA public health guidelines before September, but the SoCal region is at least better set up for playing more games within county or with a neighboring county and they may still be holding out hope for getting something together for a mid-to-late spring through summer slate of games.
We are in Southwest so your explanation is plausible. Personally, I think if anyone in LA thinks they're playing "legal" competitive soccer in March they are delusional. Although my crystal ball has been broken since last March.

We are in Southwest so your explanation is plausible. Personally, I think if anyone in LA thinks they're playing "legal" competitive soccer in March they are delusional. Although my crystal ball has been broken since last March.
I don't disagree, but as with everything else, the league organizers who said that awhile back were just guessing based on how fast and effective vaccine distribution would be and that, combined with warmer weather and immunity from all the infections during the surge, would drive down new cases.

I heard the same as your coach, September.

LA Surf is telling parents league will start in March.
What if you two are actually on the same team and don't even know it? What if you are mortal enemies in real life but on here... amicable.
Wow. You should go find the person you hate the most on your team and reconcile. See what socalsoccer.com is doing! Changing lives. All right, I'm done.

MLS clubs aren't even back to in-person yet. It's coming, with confirmed negative tests, but my prediction is the two MLS teams will be active by summer and league in the fall.

Word from back home is league starts early February. I think the league is at the mercy of local restrictions and measures. Going to be different start dates in different places.

Word from back home is league starts early February. I think the league is at the mercy of local restrictions and measures. Going to be different start dates in different places.

Are you referring to the Texas or some other brackets for which ages?

Didn't the u15-17 in texas already get in 4-8 matches per club?

What if you two are actually on the same team and don't even know it? What if you are mortal enemies in real life but on here... amicable.
Wow. You should go find the person you hate the most on your team and reconcile. See what socalsoccer.com is doing! Changing lives. All right, I'm done.
Fortunately, there are no parents that hate on the team, there's an odd camaraderie that develops when you're losing most of your games. I find winning creates a more toxic environment for whatever reason...not that I really appreciate losing, but my son continues to develop.

Fortunately, there are no parents that hate on the team, there's an odd camaraderie that develops when you're losing most of your games. I find winning creates a more toxic environment for whatever reason...not that I really appreciate losing, but my son continues to develop.
Eh... Quarantine is killing my sense of humor. I tried.

A couple different unconnected Albion people have said they heard April for a Spring season start... anyone else hearing anything.

A couple different unconnected Albion people have said they heard April for a Spring season start... anyone else hearing anything.
Nope nothing. I texted my Albion 07 contact and he hadn't heard anything (not that he is necessarily in the loop). We've heard nothing from our club other than league won't start until September. I would think an April start is speculation at best.

Can someone explain to me exactly what EA is and how it fits in with MLS next? I’ve read a little bit about it and is still not clear to me? Thanks in advance.

Back