When do MLSNext and Elite Academy League start for the SW?

I would guess since they're categorized as non-divisional games and half the games are cross division that there will be no standings, but maybe scores reported for U15 and above as they're currently doing.
Some of the games have moved from non divisional to SoCal. Hoping times go in soon.
Based on communication from my son's team... I expect these games to happen.

I'm hearing rumblings from a couple SoCal ECNL clubs that they're already regretting their decision to join ECNL due to the level of competition they've experienced so far. Rumor is they're considering a move to MLS. We shall see, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some movement for the 21-22 season. Seems premature to me but that's youth soccer.

I'm hearing rumblings from a couple SoCal ECNL clubs that they're already regretting their decision to join ECNL due to the level of competition they've experienced so far. Rumor is they're considering a move to MLS. We shall see, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some movement for the 21-22 season. Seems premature to me but that's youth soccer.

Well compared to DA, Ecxx definitely is not on that same level from.what I've seen so far. Middle to not even playoff Former DA clubs are all if sudden on top in ECNL.

With that I don't see that many moving, maybe a few will do both ECxx and MLS but who knows time will tell.

All depends on how many teams are good from YOUR club. Just because you have a stacked "year" club team , it doesn't mean the other "year" club teams can make that move.

Well compared to DA, Ecxx definitely is not on that same level from.what I've seen so far. Middle to not even playoff Former DA clubs are all if sudden on top in ECNL.

With that I don't see that many moving, maybe a few will do both ECxx and MLS but who knows time will tell.
very true , time will tell you'll have the top 3 teams in both ECNL and MLS as always , would be cool to have a crossover competition every 6 months between the two

Which age group?
I agree, seems premature.
How many games have they played against ECNL teams to be able to make this kind of statement? Probably just regretting jumping to ECNL too quickly and feeling like they’re missing out on the MLS tag.

On top after about two games?
Seems early to call it, but I know everyone wants their kids team to be part of MLS, just human nature. I’m guilty of it too.

When the fields are assigned the planned schedules in non-divisional get moved to Socal and Southwest and they are officially on.

According to our coach they are still working out the dates and field permits so the non-divisional listing is just a placeholder to finalize the schedules so expect some changes once they are moved to the appropriate bracket.

On top after about two games?
Seems early to call it, but I know everyone wants their kids team to be part of MLS, just human nature. I’m guilty of it too.

They have been playing many months in scrimmages, tournaments, and 4 or more league games. I have video access since I work in the field so yeah from what I seen so far.

Which age group?
I agree, seems premature.
How many games have they played against ECNL teams to be able to make this kind of statement? Probably just regretting jumping to ECNL too quickly and feeling like they’re missing out on the MLS tag.
Well I'm mostly hearing it from my friends' 08 age groups, who are claiming that the two clubs have beaten their opponents a combined 44-2. Like a previous poster said you have to look at the performance club wide vs at one age group. Part of the problem with ECNL is there were Clubs that joined ECNL during DA, since they couldn't get into DA. Those clubs are still there which creates a wide disparity between former DA clubs. I thought maybe that these non-DA ECNL teams might get a bump in interest from better players since ECNL for boys is now one of the top leagues. However, I've not seen that happen to date.

With all the new leagues and levels created during the pandemic there is so much to sort out and settle. MLS Next hasn't even played any games in SoCal and yet ECNL teams are looking to move already...seems a bit crazy. Typical with youth soccer, the "grass is always greener", or the "shiny new object".

Good news is our game was moved to non-divisional to conference with time and location.

very true , time will tell you'll have the top 3 teams in both ECNL and MLS as always , would be cool to have a crossover competition every 6 months between the two
The MLS League is definitely stronger than ECNL. You have like 4 MLS teams
They have been playing many months in scrimmages, tournaments, and 4 or more league games. I have video access since I work in the field so yeah from what I seen so far.
The MLS next is definitely a stronger group of teams. You could argue all you want, but that’s reality. Don’t forget that most teams are free or very inexpensive

The MLS League is definitely stronger than ECNL. You have like 4 MLS teams

The MLS next is definitely a stronger group of teams. You could argue all you want, but that’s reality. Don’t forget that most teams are free or very inexpensive

Depends on the age group. The top MLS teams would be better than the ECNL at all age groups... however, pull out LAG and LAFC and it really depends on the age group. Pats, FCGS, SD Surf, Arsenal are better in some age groups than some LA Surf, Santa Barbara, Nomads, Albion, Murrieta.

With that said, I do think the talent will consolidate into the MLS league... to either be on or against the MLS teams. I do hope the ECNL teams stay very strong though because I hate to see the middle/upper kids not being able to play high school... so I hope some talented players stay at ECNL teams then also play HS.
My hot take: if you aren't on one of the top 3 teams in your division in the MLS league... go to ECNL, compete for an ECNL Championship and be able to play HS. The ECNL is a proven option for college-bound students.
Granted, through that opinion out the window if you attend a janky high school, love the coach of your team or all your kids friends play at said club... or yeah, 1000 other reasons, I'm wrong, haha.

Can someone explain to me exactly what EA is and how it fits in with MLS next? I’ve read a little bit about it and is still not clear to me? Thanks in advance.
I believe EA is a "feeder" to MLSNext. Similar principles of play, but HS is allowed. Good for kids who may bloom later.

It's kind of surreal, for those of us whose teams have not played a game in a year, to be playing tomorrow. What a world and what a year it's been. Looking forward to seeing any other parents out there.

Depends on the age group. The top MLS teams would be better than the ECNL at all age groups... however, pull out LAG and LAFC and it really depends on the age group. Pats, FCGS, SD Surf, Arsenal are better in some age groups than some LA Surf, Santa Barbara, Nomads, Albion, Murrieta.

It even varies in the club. To make my point: Yesterday, LAFC played LA Surf. LA Surf's 06 team is a very good team and won 1-0. Organized and several very talented players. That was not an anomaly but I also didn't see the same competitiveness across the age groups. Other age groups had double digit losses to LAFC.

It even varies in the club. To make my point: Yesterday, LAFC played LA Surf. LA Surf's 06 team is a very good team and won 1-0. Organized and several very talented players. That was not an anomaly but I also didn't see the same competitiveness across the age groups. Other age groups had double digit losses to LAFC.

Did you happen to watch the 08 age group play? Curious if you didn’t think this was a competitive game.

Back