What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

Been in AZ for the last week with the family...in Sedona and then in the PHX area until Sat. Our DD has been training this week with a local club In the area to get some work in and play. It’s been great and she has a blast getting back out on the field. They are practicing in AZ...no masks, no 5 player split practices, there are distance protocols with bags/water and some of the drills are designed to definitely create space, but the kids are playing and getting good work in. I even shook the coaches hand...the horror....It’s a shame it can’t be done in CA....right next door.
We shall see. Sometimes America can’t have nice things. Mass protest in the streets today for civil rights. Dipshit maga protests put the first holes in the dam.
Arizona will be a good test case on reopening. Stay at home was lifted two weeks ago and Covid cases are rising. Record high today. No apparent seasonal effect either, as hot weather is showing no evidence of killing the virus.
Regardless, the greatest futbal on the planet returns on 6/11.

No apparent seasonal effect either, as hot weather is showing no evidence of killing the virus.
Actually, it appears something is going right. While cases are not necessarily falling, hospitalizations are and there are several reported instances of the cases doctors are now seeing are less severe (Italy, GA and TX) on the questionably name "Good News" thread if you want to take a look. I'll have to warn you, finding the good news is ... have you heard the joke about the optimistic boy and the pile of manure he finds Christmas morning?

If you look at the numbers for the US you will see total cases are consistent with a slight drop but deaths have dropped in half. 2K per day average 6 weeks ago. Dropped to 1k for the last 2 weeks.

True for US, but AZ reached an all time high today.
AZ is actually higher than CA. per million people basis for both cases and deaths(about 5-10% higher). Of course New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts are still 500-1000% higher than either AZ or CA. and those 4 states actually have 50% of all deaths in the USA. Sounds like you could open up 46 states.

AZ is actually higher than CA. per million people basis for both cases and deaths(about 5-10% higher). Of course New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts are still 500-1000% higher than either AZ or CA. and those 4 states actually have 50% of all deaths in the USA. Sounds like you could open up 46 states.
the other question is the rise due to more covid or just more testing.

Actually, it appears something is going right. While cases are not necessarily falling, hospitalizations are and there are several reported instances of the cases doctors are now seeing are less severe (Italy, GA and TX) on the questionably name "Good News" thread if you want to take a look. I'll have to warn you, finding the good news is ... have you heard the joke about the optimistic boy and the pile of manure he finds Christmas morning?
Is that the family with the amazing vegetable garden? I heard there was a package of seeds under the manure.

GA looks a lot more promising than AZ at the moment. New cases per million pop and percent rate of increase are both are a lot lower. Some of that may be summer heat + AC, but it is definitely time to take a good look at how GA opened. They seem to be doing a good job of it.

the other question is the rise due to more covid or just more testing.
That is indeed a very smart question. Here is the data for Orange County for those who enjoy making decisions based on actual data :) . I complied this off OC Health's website, so I can understand it better myself (also too much free time at home).

Y-axis is the % of people who took the test and was positive (7-day rolling average).

1591286486020.png

My takeaways:
-Yes, the number of daily new cases is not going down in OC, but we're also administering more tests now compared to March/April.
-The average rate of positive tests has gone down from the April peak by roughly 50%.
-I'm frustrated and frankly don't quite understand why our curve cannot trend down further like the curves you see from many other countries.

That is indeed a very smart question. Here is the data for Orange County for those who enjoy making decisions based on actual data :) . I complied this off OC Health's website, so I can understand it better myself (also too much free time at home).

Y-axis is the % of people who tested positive (7-day rolling average).

View attachment 7422

My takeaways:
-Yes, the number of daily new cases is not going down in OC, but we're also administering more tests now compared to March/April.
-The average rate of positive tests has gone down from the April peak by roughly 50%.
-I'm frustrated and frankly don't quite understand why our curve cannot trend down further like the curves you see from many other countries.
I’m not sure, either. Other countries did harder lockdowns than US ever managed. It may have been more effective in reducing the resevior of disease in the community.

We have pockets doing well. San Jose is down around 1%. Washington state is also pretty good. But a large part of those areas can telecommute. In SJ, our stores and downtowns are pretty empty. Everything just feels quiet. But there is no question we all are giving each other space.

My takeaways:

Unfortunately I think this table might indicate a big reason why the US has been affected so heavily by Coivd19.

OBESITY - ADULT PREVALENCE RATE
RANKCOUNTRY(%)DATE OF INFORMATION
1NAURU61.002016
2COOK ISLANDS55.902016
3PALAU55.302016
4MARSHALL ISLANDS52.902016
5TUVALU51.602016
6NIUE50.002016
7TONGA48.202016
8SAMOA47.302016
9KIRIBATI46.002016
10MICRONESIA, FEDERATED STATES OF45.802016
11KUWAIT37.902016
12UNITED STATES36.202016
13JORDAN35.502016
14SAUDI ARABIA35.402016

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2228rank.html

As we know, obesity is one of three significant underlying conditions for those that struggle with the virus

Could have something there....There’s a national leader currently modeling two things during the Covid crisis: not wearing a mask and morbid obesity.

Y-axis is the % of people who took the test and was positive (7-day rolling average).

View attachment 7422

My takeaways:
We need to see this with the added trend line of new covid-related hospital admittances.

View attachment 7422

My takeaways:
Similar chart (I think) for San Diego from the San Diego Union Tribune.
1591292538465.png

So youth sports are basically stuck in the "guidance" zone and not yet permitting due to stay at home https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/#top

although there is local control of stage 3 noted the state has to provide the "how". how they can open by releasing specific guidance for that industry or entity. Once that is released then it's up to the county public health people to decide "when" to open things back up.

right now no new "guidance" has been issued or received to proceed so until additional guidance is issued by the state youth sports is in a holding pattern.

Unfortunately I think this table might indicate a big reason why the US has been affected so heavily by Coivd19.

OBESITY - ADULT PREVALENCE RATE
RANKCOUNTRY(%)DATE OF INFORMATION
1NAURU61.002016
2COOK ISLANDS55.902016
3PALAU55.302016
4MARSHALL ISLANDS52.902016
5TUVALU51.602016
6NIUE50.002016
7TONGA48.202016
8SAMOA47.302016
9KIRIBATI46.002016
10MICRONESIA, FEDERATED STATES OF45.802016
11KUWAIT37.902016
12UNITED STATES36.202016
13JORDAN35.502016
14SAUDI ARABIA35.402016

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2228rank.html

As we know, obesity is one of three significant underlying conditions for those that struggle with the virus
And what reduces child and teen obesity? Team sports. So we may be doing more damage to the youth of america by making them stay inside then coronavirus every would.

Back