What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

The numbers are unprecedented

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."
You said "suicides happening at a much faster pace then China virus," which is untrue. The numbers in the previous article you previously posted even shows that your statement is completely incorrect.

That was from a single doctor in the Walnut Creek, Alamo area.

ok so trying to get this post back on track. Texas and AZ are practicing in full and I am hearing OC is back next week. Bay area? Colorado? (@MileHighDad) How about Vegas?

ok so trying to get this post back on track. Texas and AZ are practicing in full and I am hearing OC is back next week. Bay area? Colorado? (@MileHighDad) How about Vegas?

Ontrack....There tipping cows in Iowa but this is Socal

Very few people are paying attention to opening anything up at the moment, will next week be any different?

Bay Area? I think wc_baller's post on p. 26 that we will be back at it on some level in a week or two is reasonable. It seems optimistic to me now, but, things are moving quickly and there is some anecdotal evidence (GA and some doctors in Italy) that the people they are seeing who have the virus, aren't as ill. Hospitalizations are way down.

That was from a single doctor in the Walnut Creek, Alamo area.
So are you more afraid of the mental effects for a teenager or do you think the virus is worse for them? I can send more articles on lockdown and It’s correlation with teenage suicides.

Careful with all that red meat. Heart disease is a risk factor for covid. ;)
I have no fear. I'm more afraid of a great white nibbling on my toes when I go surfing........Today was awesome btw. I got a haircut for the first time in 8 months and I went to the beach to just chill. My wife is vegan so very little meat in my casa. We do eat some fish that I catch spear fishing sometimes. Did you get any information on Surf Cup?

Hearing there are discussions in Ventura County now too. Now there are additional problems with LA County, San Bernardino, and Riverside as you can't hold practices if there are evening curfews so the protests have to be resolved before then. With the President's pledge and the media's outcry, both sides seem to be digging in instead of resolving quickly. And if there's a spike as a result the authorities will try to push back (but will get push back in return...in DC they've already pushed back due to a spike, probably too early to be a result of the protests). OC is in a bit a tricky zone that some cities have curfews and problems, and there is still the unresolved mask issue.

We are a Vertura County club. We were told very recently to wait until after July 4th at least. This is despite the recent openings of society out here.

We are a Vertura County club. We were told very recently to wait until after July 4th at least. This is despite the recent openings of society out here.

Agree. A lot of things still have to fall in place. State sign off, county sign off, city sign off, parks and rec signoff (if you are at a school forget it...alternate practice site), CalSouth needs to roll out procedures, CalSouth needs to put insurance in place, and (if you have one) curfews need to be done, and we now get to wait to see if there's another spike. It's still weeks away, but hopefully not as far as July 4 in VC (though that wouldn't shock me either). And then it's for the joy of distanced practices at first. But the wheels are beginning to turn.

My son's VC school was hoping for signoff for an outdoor graduation of less than 20 students (or alternatively 2 blocks of 10), held outdoors, students only, distanced and with masks . There were discussion and they were hoping to getting approval, but as of Monday still no.

Agree. A lot of things still have to fall in place. State sign off, county sign off, city sign off, parks and rec signoff (if you are at a school forget it...alternate practice site), CalSouth needs to roll out procedures, CalSouth needs to put insurance in place, and (if you have one) curfews need to be done, and we now get to wait to see if there's another spike. It's still weeks away, but hopefully not as far as July 4 in VC (though that wouldn't shock me either). And then it's for the joy of distanced practices at first. But the wheels are beginning to turn.

My son's VC school was hoping for signoff for an outdoor graduation of less than 20 students (or alternatively 2 blocks of 10), held outdoors, students only, distanced and with masks . There were discussion and they were hoping to getting approval, but as of Monday still no.

thanks for the informations. I hoping all our kids can get back to soccer real soon

Well isn't that sensible and science-based... Perhaps schools should start holding their graduations inside Target, Home Depot or now the mall. Apparently those locales are impervious to COVID transmission provided one wears a bandanna covering one's mouth, but not nose - even in groups quite a bit larger than 10. I am so impressed by Target and Home Depot and how they manage to hold the virus at bay while the great outdoors and the aisles of poor Best Buy remain dangerously infectious.

We have official practices scheduled this week. Past couple of weeks we had small unofficial practices, however, they left our county and had the popo remind them that they were in a group of 10+. Tryouts for Real CO will take place the week of 6/15.

Fingers crossed

Yeah pressure is on LA county presented some plans & new guidelines for reopening sports venues and parks today. A 4 phase plan, first two no spectators, limited and then full capacity.

News report noted county parks will be ready to begin to reopen between mid June and July 1st but they are still working on a specific path with timelines to reopen schools, day camps, and other activities for summer & fall.

With everyone boarding things up let's hope things calm down soon so we can get back.

back to the op - Just ran into a well known so cal club coach with a dozen u-littles at Yorba regional park.

Back