What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

I am hearing a lot of teams will resume June 1st.

Also, can anyone from blues or surf explain how Man city cup (moved to labor day weekend) and blues cup (has always been labor day weekend) are on the same days and claim they are using the same fields? I am just curious how that will work?

That might be a real possibility in San Diego and Ventura counties, socially distanced and if you aren't practicing at a school site. Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside still a big no. OC who knows. Governor isn't exactly inclined to give the OC the same waiver to move to phase 3 as Ventura after the beach stunt (Ventura, despite its screaming residents, is still playing ball on the beaches and the governor was embarassed by the OC...might be a few weeks still).

I am hearing a lot of teams will resume June 1st.

Also, can anyone from blues or surf explain how Man city cup (moved to labor day weekend) and blues cup (has always been labor day weekend) are on the same days and claim they are using the same fields? I am just curious how that will work?

Hearing from what?

San Diego county might have some phase 1 training starting in June if the governor signs off on there pilot request since group gatherings are currently slated in phase 3. Rest of the counties haven't indicated any such plans or restart for youth sports gatherings.

Cal South would have to make a announced to resume June 1st. So far that hasn't happened and usys has a 4 phase plan that will take months to implement like what AZ has done.

Hearing from what?

San Diego county might have some phase 1 training starting in June if the governor signs off on there pilot request since group gatherings are currently slated in phase 3. Rest of the counties haven't indicated any such plans or restart for youth sports gatherings.

Cal South would have to make a announced to resume June 1st. So far that hasn't happened and usys has a 4 phase plan that will take months to implement like what AZ has done.
Mama bears out in force :) I will buy my wife some Ray Bands and make sure our new car has a sunroof so she can stick her head out to watch.

Do you know that common sense shows that 7500 deaths occur daily in America? The peak death week with the China Virus is approximately 14k-15k/or just above 2k daily.
People make choices - to drive drunk, drive too fast, have unsecured weapons, to swim out too far in the ocean when they are not skilled swimmers, to smoke, to skateboard and ride bikes without helmets, to leave pool gates open, etc. etc. This virus is highly contagious, and knows no bounds, it does not give you a choice when ACE2 receptors allow entry of the virus to attach to your lungs, liver, kidneys, blood vessels and gastrointestinal tract or heart. Imagine if you will, that there has been a plane crash this morning with all 300 people on board being killed. Terrible and tragic. Now imagine a plane like that crashing every day for the last 317 days! That is how many people have died in the US since the middle of January from covid and covid related complications. Hopefully, we will eventually develop a vaccine. Our information on how to treat patients is improving every week and if there is a second wave in the fall/winter everyone will be better prepared.

If the virus is not imparting immunity, the vaccine will not impart immunity. Just FYI..... A vaccine uses destroyed (simplistic term), "dead" (simplistic term) or in some cases living virus to make the body have an antibody response without actually contracting the disease. The one US vaccine entering stage 2 trials this week states an antibody response on par with those recovered from covid.
Info only, Trump awarded a huge sum of money to a company called Moderna. This company has never brought a vaccine to market and has never even brought a product to the third and final phase of clinical trial. Bottom line, don't bet your life savings on the slick talking head of Moderna and what he says he can do. It would be great if by some miracle the company does make it through all the trials and get FDA approval.

Hearing from what?

I thought if you were ECNL, ECRL, GAL or DPL then cal south is meaningless to you? If you have a younger that plays scdsl or something like that I know cal south has some say but i don't believe they have any say on those other leagues right?

I thought if you were ECNL, ECRL, GAL or DPL then cal south is meaningless to you? If you have a younger that plays scdsl or something like that I know cal south has some say but i don't believe they have any say on those other leagues right?
Most clubs that are in one of those leagues also have teams in Cal South leagues and get their insurance from Cal South. That can affect their decisions and permissions regarding opening up fields and practices.

Most clubs that are in one of those leagues also have teams in Cal South leagues and get their insurance from Cal South. That can affect their decisions and permissions regarding opening up fields and practices.

Yes and you have to have cards to play in a tournament, league, or anything. No cards no tournaments or league. For Surf for example you can't mix & match all players have to be USclub(ECxx, NPL) or Cal South carded.

This seasons 19-20 Cal South cards won't due for August neither will USclub ones expire July 31st. Need new ones for 20-21'.

For those of you who would like to support San Diego’s effort to accelerate phase 2 and include youth sports as a pilot program for the state please send the governor an email.

Support those efforts.

However have to wonder if bundling in the pilot with hair & nail salons, and others was a good idea? Seeing how newsome specifically mentioned the community outbreak regarding nail salons who we're already wearing masks prior to all this and said they would be down the line for reopening.

The limit of 12 kids for the pilot does help football and other sports that much good either so there could be some pushback on that front also.

No not really. The two MLS clubs are about the only ones around that don't get insurance through Cal South.

GAL (new) & DPL don't know if they have cards that are good for tournaments in socal since those teams had or used Cal South ones also in the past. If there now with USSSA that might work for tournaments like Surf.

Usclub & USSF cards work for those that have them at some tournaments but like what was mentioned its all the team or nothing no mixing so thats when teams run into issues.

Surf is actually a US Club sanctioned event so they don't need Cal South for that.

The pilot was voted 4-1 in favor to send to the governor. The one dissenting was Nathan Fletcher, a good pal of the governor. Unfortunately politics will once again be a driving force in all of this. Such a shame.

The pilot was voted 4-1 in favor to send to the governor. The one dissenting was Nathan Fletcher, a good pal of the governor. Unfortunately politics will once again be a driving force in all of this. Such a shame.

State Approved accelerated 2.5 right away for SD but so far nothing on this. Gaspar originally said yesterday was key but walked that back to next Wednesday so who knows?

At this point maybe a medium to longshot, if/when stage 3 is rolled out by the state perhaps another chance for a accelerated roll out for SD?

The clubs seem ready to go and to implement "safe" practices. The problem right now is that the fields will not let the clubs on.

The clubs seem ready to go and to implement "safe" practices. The problem right now is that the fields will not let the clubs on.

Your state govt, county, and City all need to work together to get things back open. June field permits not being issued so July perhaps is the next chance if things get the go ahead next couple weeks.

Back