What's Wrong College Soccer

And you laugh about it. Dam you are a male chauvinist pig and insensitive to parents who may have kids with down syndrome or austism. #dickhead #straight2hell
Human suffering is irrelevant to me.

Here's what I don't understand. Does this forum have a moderator? If so, how does he or she allow this guy to keep posting? Those sorts of statements have no place on a soccer forum and if this poster isn't banned I guess I need to take my reading and lurking elsewhere

There is nothing wrong with college soccer, assuming you are going to college for the purpose of getting an education.

If you are going to college because you think this is the path to a professional soccer career, well, you are just plain stupid. But, if you can stick around for the full 4-5 years, at least you will get an education. - Daniel Miller

I concur. 100%

Here's what I don't understand. Does this forum have a moderator? If so, how does he or she allow this guy to keep posting? Those sorts of statements have no place on a soccer forum and if this poster isn't banned I guess I need to take my reading and lurking elsewhere

Lower left of every message is a "Report" button that sends a message to the owner.

Again, don't confuse a man's athletic ability with being more skilled. Watching men cut, juke, run faster, and kicking harder only makes them look more skilled on the ball. Women are not as athletic, thus perform at a slower pace and makes them look like they aren't as skilled.
I think you really can't compare men vs. women. The question, if Marta were born as a man, would she be Neymar? Or if Neymar were born a girl, would he be better than Marta, or worse. I think it's a senseless question.

I say this because Neymar is Neymar because he had to develop his talent competing against the competition provided by Brazilian men, who have a long history of producing world class soccer players. Then he jumped to the international stage and developed further pushed by the best men in the world.

Who did Marta have to compete with? Brazil doesn't have a huge base of female soccer talent. And the talent pool for women, compared to men, in soccer is shallow.

Neymar will be pushed to reach his full potential, Marta will not.

I believe you can see this in men's tennis. Rafa had to push his game to the limit to beat Federer. Rafa beat up on Federer's one-handed backhand with a lefty forehand that had a level of topspin never before seen. Then Djokovic took out Nadal by developing his forehand and backhand so equally, Nadal couldn't punish Djoker's backhand like he did Fed's. Now Federer has used a bigger racquet and improved his backhand so that he can beat Nadal's forehand. The big three in men's tennis are always improving aspects of their game, pushed by the competition.

In women's tennis, Serena Williams is just killing everyone with the same power game she developed as a teen. She has barely improved and she doesn't need to, nobody can challenge her.

That's why I say you can't compare top women vs. men. Except some sports that women have done a long time and have participantion numbers equal or greater than men, the men develop their talent a lot more than women do, so it's just not a valid comparison.

Back