What's happening here?

We’ll still quarantine when we get back from any tournament or scrimmage. It is easy enough to do, and I don’t want to be the guy who kicked off another outbreak.

Besides, traveling is always higher exposure than being at home. Even if living in Phoenix is the same risk as living in CA, travel to Phoenix is higher risk than living in CA.
If you normally stay at home and go absolutely nowhere at all (i.e. gas station, costco, or grocery store), I would agree but if you do any of those activities, the risk is the same. I of course am presuming you aren't flying and you are going to take the same precautions that you do with your day to day activities out in the community.

If you normally stay at home and go absolutely nowhere at all (i.e. gas station, costco, or grocery store), I would agree but if you do any of those activities, the risk is the same. I of course am presuming you aren't flying and you are going to take the same precautions that you do with your day to day activities out in the community.

Hotels have common air circulation. My house does not.

When travelling, I talk with a waiter or counter clerk. At home, I get non-contact delivery takeout.

At home, I go to the gas station once a month or so. When travelling, it is 3 times in a weekend.

At home, I see the same 12 parents every practice. At a tournament, I see a couple hundred people.

It adds up. For me, a tournament is at least 10x as much exposure as living at home. That probably puts me in the “never goes anywhere“ camp. Or at least “never goes anywhere indoors”.

For someone who goes out to restaurants and movies frequently, the gap is a lot smaller.

Hotels have common air circulation. My house does not. Valid point....I did some reading though and if hotel is following commercial code this shouldn't be a problem.

When travelling, I talk with a waiter or counter clerk. At home, I get non-contact delivery takeout. Why would you do any different at a tournament? I do not plan on dining in restaurants. On that basis, you should quarantine.

At home, I go to the gas station once a month or so. When travelling, it is 3 times in a weekend. Wow...for a 5 hour drive? You must not get good mileage.

At home, I see the same 12 parents every practice. At a tournament, I see a couple hundred people. You are planning on not social distancing and wearing a mask? Are you planning on seeing them indoors? Don't you go to grocery stores etc. on a normal basis?

It adds up. For me, a tournament is at least 10x as much exposure as living at home. That probably puts me in the “never goes anywhere“ camp. Or at least “never goes anywhere indoors”. If you are doing all of that, you should quarantine. I had presumed you were being more diligent in your behavior.

For someone who goes out to restaurants and movies frequently, the gap is a lot smaller.

I of course am presuming you aren't flying and you are going to take the same precautions that you do with your day to day activities out in the community.
The covid risk of flying is very low...some studies say extraordinarily low. Overall the risk of serious health issues from Covid in general are very low anyway.

I suspect he will specifically ban teams from going out of state to play tournaments,
Even though the letter is short it goes out of its way to mention this subject.
If it does happen ECNL teams it seems would be most impacted.

I suspect he will specifically ban teams from going out of state to play tournaments,
How is that enforceable? At what point is this guy overreaching his power of office?

Same question as kicker.

The only thing I can think of is he makes a proclamation that the clubs insurance is null and void in the presence if said "order", and then the clubs freak out and put the brakes on?

How is that enforceable? At what point is this guy overreaching his power of office?
Cease & desist order coupled with steep fines and penalties would make the most sense to me. I imagine the “competition” is giving Sacramento frequent updates of all the clubs going out of state to play and the tournaments are broadcasting all of the participants. Damn near like shooting fish in a barrel in terms of ease of enforcement if you ask me.

Cease & desist order coupled with steep fines and penalties would make the most sense to me. I imagine the “competition” is giving Sacramento frequent updates of all the clubs going out of state to play and the tournaments are broadcasting all of the participants. Damn near like shooting fish in a barrel in terms of ease of enforcement if you ask me.
Hammer time tomorrow Dre?

But what is the precedence and basis for the “law” and does he have the power to make such a “law”?

Hell, they were threatening the same of Beauty Salons for servicing customers until one of the customers was them and they got caught.

I'm not so sure of that given this report from Newsom's press conference:

Capitol Alert

@CapitolAlert

Replying to
@CapitolAlert
Newsom said he has not considered yet any quarantine requirements for people coming from states with high COVID-19 case numbers.

As long as I can legally go to Vegas or Phoenix, how do you propose to have California laws restrict my activities there?

If one state had the power to restrict recreational activities in another state, Vegas and Atlantic City would not even exist.

You can force me to quarantine when I return. I was going to do that anyway.

As long as I can legally go to Vegas or Phoenix, how do you propose to have California laws restrict my activities there?

If one state had the power to restrict recreational activities in another state, Vegas and Atlantic City would not even exist.

You can force me to quarantine when I return. I was going to do that anyway.

first - I believe youth soccer should be free to play.
Second - ECNL is under US Club Soccer which has stated that all their members must comply with all state and local mandates and restrictions. If Newsom was to ban out of state competition, I imagine that US Club Soccer would take some action.

If they did I have no insight as to what US Cub action might be . Perhaps someone else has a feel for that .

As far as a quarantine goes I think it would be enforced like many unpopular laws ( not conceding that his mandates are laws ) by making an example of a few to put fear into the majority.

Back