What is your player in the GDA for?

To make these rival games like Blues vs Legends or Blues vs Beach or Earthquakes vs either Beach or Blues, and mix in Real CO and that Solar club and let these top 5 or 6 clubs play big time soccer. Colleges come to these games and they don;t have time to waste. Get the top goats from the top clubs and let them battle out. I think they should take the top A team with all the ages combined at each club. No teams by age. A team, B Team and C team. Mix these players up. Its horrible to travel down to SoCal and not play your best of the best. Let Surf and the others keep the kids in their age group and keep their policy with DA that no kids can play up unless mandated by the US Coaches and Scouts. Just a thought I had :)

To make these rival games like Blues vs Legends or Blues vs Beach or Earthquakes vs either Beach or Blues, and mix in Real CO and that Solar club and let these top 5 or 6 clubs play big time soccer. Colleges come to these games and they don;t have time to waste. Get the top goats from the top clubs and let them battle out. I think they should take the top A team with all the ages combined at each club. No teams by age. A team, B Team and C team. Mix these players up. Its horrible to travel down to SoCal and not play your best of the best. Let Surf and the others keep the kids in their age group and keep their policy with DA that no kids can play up unless mandated by the US Coaches and Scouts. Just a thought I had :)
You are again making lots of assumptions that are not accurate. Instead of constantly posting opinions, shoot for facts. Most of the studs from Earthquakes are either at the u17 NT sessions or on load restriction from the u16 London trip.

Have you thought about running for the Board of CalSouth? You want so much to change, you should take some action!

You are again making lots of assumptions that are not accurate. Instead of constantly posting opinions, shoot for facts. Most of the studs from Earthquakes are either at the u17 NT sessions or on load restriction from the u16 London trip.

Have you thought about running for the Board of CalSouth? You want so much to change, you should take some action!
That's what I just said. All the studs were resting and I understand that. But the competition sucked for the Blues U17 team, right? Is this about true competition or development? This is so watered down bro that their is no more koolaid or poweraid in the containers. It's just water now. I hope you guys find more packets because this is weak. I'm just being honest with my own opinions. I'm lost with words and don;t understand this league. I guess you do and that's all cool with me.

That's what I just said. All the studs were resting and I understand that. But the competition sucked for the Blues U17 team, right? Is this about true competition or development? This is so watered down bro that their is no more koolaid or poweraid in the containers. It's just water now. I hope you guys find more packets because this is weak. I'm just being honest with my own opinions. I'm lost with words and don;t understand this league. I guess you do and that's all cool with me.
What do you mean, Is this about true competition or development? How is this the League, Club or Coaches fault?

You’re just using it and another reason to disparage DA, when it would have happened to any team/club with a concentration of YNT players.

I will never, ever and I mean EVER, sit on any soccer board with Docs or higher ups in today's game. That's the problem Kicker imho. Again, just my two cents on what I have witnessed and still witness with this DA league. People want answers and I give them a piece of my mind. I know how these deals get done and I would be voted out my first day bro. No thanks!!!!

Last edited:
This conversation is worth refreshing!

My kid just turned 16, dual roster DPL and DA. Both are superb coaches. Some game schedule conflicts, (which we’ll let the coaches sort out!)

What she’s in it for and why is so critical but being lame soccer dad, I’ve never really even thought about,

I’ve noticed that when she gets ready for DA practice, there seems to be just a tiny bit more attention to details, uniform just so, socks pulled up just so, getting to practice early, etc. just a slightly more serious edge all around. Which tells me that she recognizes the value and seriousness of working out with and competing with the “best”.
Lately, she’s been following MLS and watching Bundesliga games, sitting intently, commenting, taking it all in. The social aspect of “team” is still there but maybe she’s also realizing that choices she makes are becoming more and more important and will define her future in soccer.
Will be interested to hear what others say on this topic because going DA brings some inherent tough decisions abou
Hope she enjoys it. My kid had a brief stop in DPL before moving to DA.

Good luck!

Not directed at anyone specific...just a general statement...There is so much haterade on this board regarding ECNL, DA, etc. People hate this or that, or this coach, that coach, club...blah, blah, blah. It’s entertaining and I guess why I read this forum and post a bit now and again.

The best advice that has been given over, and over, and over in my opinion is find the best coach, best situation suited for your kids level of play whatever that may be, and focus on development. Not every kid is a unicorn and will be on the best team. Just like we are all not CEO’s or or Tech Start-up Billionaires...haven’t we all interviewed for a job we wanted and did not get? Did the big deal you were closing fall through? Did you crawl in a hole and cry or find another opportunity? Not every coach will like your kid or vise versa, just like you don’t like every boss you have had or how they feel about you. Life is not fair...understand that and move on. Get over it. Make the best decision for your kid and put them in a position to succeed and have fun with the game. Teach them some grit and stick-to-it-ness...Or take them to a park with Pugg goals and go at it. Have fun. As parents, be supportive, push and pull back when needed. Most importantly be positive. Be a positive influence for the kids. They hear everything we say. So much negativity and “unfair” situations being communicated. Lots of excuses....Is anyone having a positive experience with club soccer in SoCal? Our family has had positives and negatives, but overall very positive...Lots of kids from Socal playing College soccer, and getting great opportunities...according to what is posted...can’t be all lemons out there.

Back