What is your keeper doing right now?

Eagle33

PREMIER
Just wondering what is your keeper doing now during home stay. Considering that goalkeepers require specific training, not just juggling toilet paper, mine find it difficult to stay engaged.
Got to love this kid....

We have a "quarantine" work out plan that our club sent out. We also have friends at the LAFC academy and at some other local clubs that have shared their quarantine work outs as well. The best one I have seen so far is Tackett's from SCSG.

Mine is using her eye-hand coordination on her Wii. "Just Dance" at least she is sweating :) I also broke out her rebounder she uses between her online studies and she is at least walking/running almost every evening.

My keeper is fine tuning her video game skills. I am sure she will argue it helps her reflexes. I made her clean the top of the kitchen cabinets yesterday and she determined that was considered a workout. I believe she will learn what regret means in the not too distant future.
Call of Duty and Fortnight. She told me she had 14 kills the other night and that her friends are all trash. Almost broke a lamp playing indoor soccer. Did help mom make dinner last night using a wok for the first time. Shoots baskets for about 30 minutes. Crazy times.

Call of Duty and Fortnight. She told me she had 14 kills the other night and that her friends are all trash. Almost broke a lamp playing indoor soccer. Did help mom make dinner last night using a wok for the first time. Shoots baskets for about 30 minutes. Crazy times.
Just yesterday the coach set up zoom team meeting. Just the set up of the meeting triggered her. Yay!

Grabbed a cheap rebounder from Dicks for $40 on sale, and my daughter used if for about 90 minutes yesterday. First time in 3 weeks. She worked hard, did a ton of different drills, and actually thanked me for the rebounder. Who knew.

Grabbed a cheap rebounder from Dicks for $40 on sale, and my daughter used if for about 90 minutes yesterday. First time in 3 weeks. She worked hard, did a ton of different drills, and actually thanked me for the rebounder. Who knew.
That is good to know. Thanks! My daughter asked me to go out to work with her and this went on for about 2 hours until I said I was done. I can tell she misses it. Maybe this forced break is good for them. They have a chance to miss it without repercussions.

Staying up until the wee hours of the morning and sleeping until noon. I wish I was joking.
She was physically & mentally exhausted after HS soccer, she played all but around 20 minutes for her HS on the varsity team (she is a freshman) She was tried & beat up, I will give her that. I am just hoping that she starts to get stir crazy and that translates into work again.

Faced shots for the first time in a while with 3 teammates at open park with goals yesterday. All kept at least 10 feet apart. Trained today with one other keeper and the keeper trainer. Team practice may start in 1-2 weeks, non contact, small groups with same 10 feet distance. No dad either time. :(

I’m fortunate to have access to our school, so we have a field/goal to train on....it takes the entire family to help train her though. My middle (2007) son played on the ‘06 DA team last year so he does the bulk of the shots.

She creates her own sessions; very organized working on specific things (power dives, crosses, 1v1, distribution, etc.). She will do 3-4 GK sessions a week, a couple team zoom footwork and workout sessions an occasional webinar and then weights, yoga and cardio as well. I’m proud of her work ethic and motivation during this quarantine...don’t get me wrong, she still gets her fair share of Netflix, Instagram, YouTube and tic toc in.

here are a few of her GK sessions:

GK Session I

GK Session II

GK Session III

Hopefully if we will safe enough for everyone to get back to the fields soon.

Faced shots for the first time in a while with 3 teammates at open park with goals yesterday. All kept at least 10 feet apart. Trained today with one other keeper and the keeper trainer. Team practice may start in 1-2 weeks, non contact, small groups with same 10 feet distance. No dad either time. :(
My daughter has been running but started Keeper private training with a couple of others with social distancing. Man she was exhausted and in pain. LOL

My daughter has been running but started Keeper private training with a couple of others with social distancing. Man she was exhausted and in pain. LOL
Same for mine. She had to be cool and not wear long socks that she normally wears above the knees. Bruises and cuts. That will teach her. She had zoom training yesterday evening after her keeper training and tried to skip. Told her nope, need the footwork drills and the workout.

I’m fortunate to have access to our school, so we have a field/goal to train on....it takes the entire family to help train her though. My middle (2007) son played on the ‘06 DA team last year so he does the bulk of the shots.

She creates her own sessions; very organized working on specific things (power dives, crosses, 1v1, distribution, etc.). She will do 3-4 GK sessions a week, a couple team zoom footwork and workout sessions an occasional webinar and then weights, yoga and cardio as well. I’m proud of her work ethic and motivation during this quarantine...don’t get me wrong, she still gets her fair share of Netflix, Instagram, YouTube and tic toc in.

here are a few of her GK sessions:

GK Session I

GK Session II

GK Session III

Hopefully if we will safe enough for everyone to get back to the fields soon.

So funny, I watched the video and had it in my head your daughter was an 07 and was thinking wow, she is amazing for an 07. Lack of reading comprehension. She still looks amazing for an 04. :) Who does she play for?

Same for mine. She had to be cool and not wear long socks that she normally wears above the knees. Bruises and cuts. That will teach her. She had zoom training yesterday evening after her keeper training and tried to skip. Told her nope, need the footwork drills and the workout.

So funny, I watched the video and had it in my head your daughter was an 07 and was thinking wow, she is amazing for an 07. Lack of reading comprehension. She still looks amazing for an 04. :) Who does she play for?

Thanks, she plays for MVLA ‘04 (ECNL) & Ajax ‘03 (NPL).

Weird but I think my daughter has improved more the last 2 months with very small group keeper training 2-3 times per week than she did all of last year. With no team practice she has had more time to train with a keeper coach. Hope everyone else is getting some work in somewhere, safely of course.

Weird but I think my daughter has improved more the last 2 months with very small group keeper training 2-3 times per week than she did all of last year. With no team practice she has had more time to train with a keeper coach. Hope everyone else is getting some work in somewhere, safely of course.

Our DD has been doing the same. I agree. During lockdown our DD has been training at least twice a week with her keeper coach. It’s been good, and I think she has improved just focusing on her technique and putting more time in...that said no games...she has been playing (fitness and short-sided games) the last few weekends with some kids from her team and some kids that are heading off to college in the fall to play (hopefully). She said the first day, she was was rusty, not used to game speed, but got back in the groove after the second session. Training helps a lot, but game play is still so tough to simulate.

She is also going to Camp Shutout next week in Wisconsin...not much happening here and should be a fun experience for her and a good opportunity to network. She misses playing like they all do. Sucks for these kids. I think many don’t realize how much they like to compete until it gets taken away...they are just used to playing so much.

Our DD has been doing the same. I agree. During lockdown our DD has been training at least twice a week with her keeper coach. It’s been good, and I think she has improved just focusing on her technique and putting more time in...that said no games...she has been playing (fitness and short-sided games) the last few weekends with some kids from her team and some kids that are heading off to college in the fall to play (hopefully). She said the first day, she was was rusty, not used to game speed, but got back in the groove after the second session. Training helps a lot, but game play is still so tough to simulate.

She is also going to Camp Shutout next week in Wisconsin...not much happening here and should be a fun experience for her and a good opportunity to network. She misses playing like they all do. Sucks for these kids. I think many don’t realize how much they like to compete until it gets taken away...they are just used to playing so much.
How is old gk dd? My dd is looking for GK to take shots on. This could be a win win. I have a very nice place to train and we can get some scrimmages going later when all this dies down. Governor in Cali has a strike teams to go after business owners and I hear they might have a strike team to go after soccer teams who try and play soccer. The boys can play in Florida and from the news reports it looks like everyone in Florida will die from Corona.

How is old gk dd? My dd is looking for GK to take shots on. This could be a win win. I have a very nice place to train and we can get some scrimmages going later when all this dies down. Governor in Cali has a strike teams to go after business owners and I hear they might have a strike team to go after soccer teams who try and play soccer. The boys can play in Florida and from the news reports it looks like everyone in Florida will die from Corona.

Hi she is ‘06...we are in VC, your in the OC, right? We went to AZ in June and she trained with another ECNL Club while we were there. She has been trying to get as much work in as possible. If they don’t play this Fall we may try to do something creative, who knows. She is a young ‘06 going into 8th grade, so if no Fall, ECNL break for HS, it could be a full year with no games for her.

Back