What happened to THE Luis Andres thread?

8 year olds don't know what "watch the back post" means.

Maybe yours didn’t, but my kid knew exactly what that meant and why... she was in a tough position, I wouldn’t place the blame fully on her because both her and I knew that if she didn’t step over to help, the other defenders would’ve given up a shot goal.

It was kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t. But at least if she marked her player and watched the back post like she was supposed to, coach would’ve yelled at the other kid instead... Of course, who knows maybe coach would’ve yelled at her why didn’t she help?!?

I’m sure no one has been in that situation before, LoL.

@Chalklines @Fact since you guys seem to be so wise and confident about your ways. Care to share your kids soccer story. Where they started and where they are right now? Yes I’m calling you guys out. To see if you guys are for real or just a bunch of trolls

What ever happened to happy hour?

On wait that's after work today :chug:

Screen-Shot-2015-09-03-at-1.00.20-PM.jpg

@Chalklines @Fact since you guys seem to be so wise and confident about your ways. Care to share your kids soccer story. Where they started and where they are right now? Yes I’m calling you guys out. To see if you guys are for real or just a bunch of trolls
Ok loser. My kids are well adjusted adults that played Soccer since they were young. Not my #1 sport for them but that is what they choose and since we did not want them to be over scheduled they picked 1 or 2 other activities as youth depending on the time commitments. One still in college and all attended UC or Ivies with 2 playing in college and all 3 getting scholarships based on academics and or soccer. Their goal was to pick the college for their major and if Soccer fit in great otherwise there are always college club teams, Rec and adult leagues to continue playing the game they love. They never worried about getting to the next level because they loved Soccer and always had a ball at their feet. 1 quit in HS to pursue another passion which catapulted him to world fame in his field. I remember packing with him for college, he took 2 sets of cleats because he was excited to play on the club team if time permitted. Again his goal not mine!

All had the speed, endurance, raw talent, competitiveness, IQ etc. Maybe 1 was a unicorn but we believed in a balanced life and not putting all their eggs in one basket. Plus our summer and holiday travel use to interfere quiet a bit. They were highly recruited by tops club team when they were young and no matter the level of team, they generally played the entire game although I sometimes requested that they be required to work for their spots not just be entitled since they were good. For example, if they were late they needed to be held accountable. Some coaches held them to the same standard as everyone else on the team and some just let them play because they wanted to win. To me Soccer was an important life lesson.

At this point my kids and I enjoy assisting coaches, shagging balls and supporting my nieces play. Unfortunately one of my nieces quit because of an ass like you. Kids hear a lot more than they let on. So my son is busy coaching AYSO with her to get her confidence back to play club. The funny thing is it looks like her AYSO team is better or at least comparable to her club team. Again, jackass losers like you should be banned from all fields! No matter what level someone plays soccer at, your first priority should be to have fun and it is NOT fun with losers like you around.

Fact, Nice story but doubt its true except for the AYSO part. Your calling people dumb, stupid, losers, jackasses and all the other foul names you continually call people is not necessary. Even when directed at this guy.

Fact, Nice story but doubt its true except for the AYSO part. Your calling people dumb, stupid, losers, jackasses and all the other foul names you continually call people is not necessary. Even when directed at this guy.
So you can imply that I am a liar and that is ok? Hypocrite!

Ok loser. My kids are well adjusted adults that played Soccer since they were young. Not my #1 sport for them but that is what they choose and since we did not want them to be over scheduled they picked 1 or 2 other activities as youth depending on the time commitments. One still in college and all attended UC or Ivies with 2 playing in college and all 3 getting scholarships based on academics and or soccer. Their goal was to pick the college for their major and if Soccer fit in great otherwise there are always college club teams, Rec and adult leagues to continue playing the game they love. They never worried about getting to the next level because they loved Soccer and always had a ball at their feet. 1 quit in HS to pursue another passion which catapulted him to world fame in his field. I remember packing with him for college, he took 2 sets of cleats because he was excited to play on the club team if time permitted. Again his goal not mine!

All had the speed, endurance, raw talent, competitiveness, IQ etc. Maybe 1 was a unicorn but we believed in a balanced life and not putting all their eggs in one basket. Plus our summer and holiday travel use to interfere quiet a bit. They were highly recruited by tops club team when they were young and no matter the level of team, they generally played the entire game although I sometimes requested that they be required to work for their spots not just be entitled since they were good. For example, if they were late they needed to be held accountable. Some coaches held them to the same standard as everyone else on the team and some just let them play because they wanted to win. To me Soccer was an important life lesson.

At this point my kids and I enjoy assisting coaches, shagging balls and supporting my nieces play. Unfortunately one of my nieces quit because of an ass like you. Kids hear a lot more than they let on. So my son is busy coaching AYSO with her to get her confidence back to play club. The funny thing is it looks like her AYSO team is better or at least comparable to her club team. Again, jackass losers like you should be banned from all fields! No matter what level someone plays soccer at, your first priority should be to have fun and it is NOT fun with losers like you around.

So your kids were naturally talented and did not have to work hard like all the other elite players do and clubs and coaches were all over them. Interesting. World fame for one of them. What’s he world famous for? So they loved soccer so much, where naturally gifted and one maybe a unicorn and none of them worried or had the desire to get to the next level because they loved soccer. Interesting. With such natural talent and with such love for the sport wouldn’t they have the drive to get the next level? Especially the unicorn? Wow what a Story. You should try getting a job for Disney cause you are a great writer. The world famous part was the over kill. Could have been believable if you would have left that out and maybe toned it down a bit. I believe in talent but I don’t believe that talent without hard work can take you places. Whatever you want to be successful at in life requires hard work and effort and your world famous child just happen to create world fame without much effort. That I can’t buy because his competitor is working his tail off to compete with him and he may just be as talented.

Last edited:
Kids we knew at U9 loved watching themselves. My children and their teammates always begged to be recorded and watched themselves. They just didn't like it when adults said negative things about their plays. Surprisingly, they were actually very critical of each other (and complimentary) but they didn't get upset when teammates provided feedback. On the other hand, parents that made too many criticisms got looks. If you stick to the compliments, they'll beg to watch it with you until you need a case of beer.

Kids watching themselves and kids breaking down film are 2 separate concepts. It's one of many mistakes he's making.

Back