What happened to OC Surf Girls DOC?

I had girls on his teams and all I can say is "no surprise". We left OC surf since the politics weren't my cup of tea. He suddenly fired Alex F, the old 04 coach with lots of empty promises. Half of the 04 team left after a few months since there was no high level or college exposure. Dating players mom? Yep. Made for interesting team dinners. I learned not to knock on his hotel room for fear of who would open the door. Was the daughter getting "extra" play-time? Perhaps, I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor:) He was an intense coach that I thought played the girls unfairly when he suddenly fired Alex and did nothing with the 3 or 4 teams he inherited. He was a good recruiter though as he rebuilt his 02 ECNL team with 2 returning players. I would think he would wonder why all but 2 players left his pretty darn good team. Again, just my opinion from a long time west coast family.
Hey Soccer bud light dude !!!

Gus is a strong coach and to be fair was good for my daughter. Maybe not for everyone but then again they never are. Don’t really want to comment on any if the other stuff, personal life, it’s no ones business. He played the players that work and can perform. He help players to improve. Our new coaches are strong in their own ways.

The club is getting stronger and developing more of a program vs coaches each doing their own thing. Some great and some better than others.

Back