What happened at FC Valencia?

I heard last night that a bunch of coaches left the club and some took their teams with them. They used to have two teams per age group in both girls and boys and it looks like now they only have 2 girl teams and a few boy teams.

Does anyone know what happened?

I heard last night that a bunch of coaches left the club and some took their teams with them. They used to have two teams per age group in both girls and boys and it looks like now they only have 2 girl teams and a few boy teams.

Does anyone know what happened?
How does a coach take a team?

That's cuz Charles Martinez is a d***! All the clubs out there suck and are run by pr**ks. It's all about the money and little to no development. There are better teams in the valley.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cuz Charles Martinez is a d***! All the clubs out there suck and are run by p**ks. It's all about the money and little to no development. There are better teams in the valley.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about CM. I was wondering how much longer families would be under his spell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about CM. I was wondering how much longer families would be under his spell.
yeah, when you are selling a product but not approachable you start to lose your followers and customers. I'd say this is the way most clubs are run out there though. If your kid has any talent, it's best to go find the right fit both coach and club approach

dad4

SILVER ELITE
The risk that coaches to take teams is one of the things that forces clubs to pay a decent wage to their coaches. Not pretty, but without it some clubs would pay next to nothing.

Clubs get, and deserve, power based on their ability to select, attract, train, and retain good coaches. Part of that is paying them enough that they want to stay.

Sometimes coaches leave and players follow them due to the overall strategy of the organization.
Some clubs like to have a coach stick with a team for many years. Some clubs want to switch coaches as the team ages up. Sometimes this leaves a coach without a team and they move to keep money coming in.
And some players/parents don’t like who will be coaching when this change happens.

Sometimes coaches leave and players follow them due to the overall strategy of the organization.
Some clubs like to have a coach stick with a team for many years. Some clubs want to switch coaches as the team ages up. Sometimes this leaves a coach without a team and they move to keep money coming in.
And some players/parents don’t like who will be coaching when this change happens.
So can we at least banish the phrase, "Don;t be a club hopper?" That would make me feel more included with all the parents. I was attacked on hear for chasing championships.

MWN

PREMIER
So can we at least banish the phrase, "Don;t be a club hopper?" That would make me feel more included with all the parents. I was attacked on hear for chasing championships.
No we should not banish that phrase or ideal for 96.2365% of all parents/players. For those kids that are the unicorns and represent physical and mental aptitude to play the game at a high level ... they should hop up and seek the highest level training and competition ... for their path has options. For the 96.2365% of players and parents they should take on a different mindset ... enjoy the ride, playing Flight 2 or 1, Gold or Bronze ... have fun and stick with the coaches and programs as long as you are enjoying yourself.

We are club hoppers. We hop from one program to another when shit changes. No GK coach? Hop. Don't like the GK coach because he mixes the olders with the youngers and the olders get zero out of it? Hop. Just want to have fun and play 3 years up and on men's teams? Hop. Opportunity to play National League - CRL? Hop.

Each hop I always asked if this is what he wanted? As the kids get older (14+), their opinions on where they want to be and what they want to do are the most important.

No we should not banish that phrase or ideal for 96.2365% of all parents/players. For those kids that are the unicorns and represent physical and mental aptitude to play the game at a high level ... they should hop up and seek the highest level training and competition ... for their path has options. For the 96.2365% of players and parents they should take on a different mindset ... enjoy the ride, playing Flight 2 or 1, Gold or Bronze ... have fun and stick with the coaches and programs as long as you are enjoying yourself.

We are club hoppers. We hop from one program to another when shit changes. No GK coach? Hop. Don't like the GK coach because he mixes the olders with the youngers and the olders get zero out of it? Hop. Just want to have fun and play 3 years up and on men's teams? Hop. Opportunity to play National League - CRL? Hop.

Each hop I always asked if this is what he wanted? As the kids get older (14+), their opinions on where they want to be and what they want to do are the most important.
Very well put. Thank you, I needed to read that. Hop hop until you drop out or hop in the right situation. We finally hopped in the right family. Not all goats act alike either so a good coach should be a little flexable if goat losses sock or loses her cleats or cant sit still because one might have ADDH or whatever that's called where it's hard to sit for a long period of time.

dad4

SILVER ELITE

So, unicorns can hop but lesser players can't? Sounds elitist to me. Kids in copper and bronze have their own goals and needs. If the club is a bad fit or ignores the lower teams, they have every right to leave.

So, unicorns can hop but lesser players can't? Sounds elitist to me. Kids in copper and bronze have their own goals and needs. If the club is a bad fit or ignores the lower teams, they have every right to leave.
I agree!!! And for the record, my goat is just a goat. Not a Unicorn and I accept that. Map helped me understand their is even a higher recruited player in college and I see that clearly now. My goat will look to steal playing time from the Unicorn. Catch the Unicorn napping and too comfortable. Hop all you want is my motto.

My son was coached by AJ and Lalo when he was younger, and we never experienced any problems. Although this was not with FC Valencia. Where is Joel Govea coaching now? I Sergio still leading Magic/RSC?

Yes, Sergio is still at rsc-scv. I don't think the problem is AJ or Lalo, but Charles. That's my theory BUT, I really don't know what happened in this case, that's why I asked.

MWN

PREMIER
Absolutely, unicorns should hop up. But, what you describe (bad coach, fit) isn't a "club hopper," unless its a bad fit every single year ... then that player/parent probably needs to look inward and say "I'm the problem."

Club hoppers are kids that rarely play for the same club from year to year, always looking (usually at the demand of the parents) to be put on teams that are doing well and above the skill level. These kids tend to ride the bench and their parents value the prestige of being on a high level team, often to the detriment of their kids. These are the vast majority of club hoppers. Kids constantly pushed by their parents to join teams that are above their level and most of these club hoppers will be done with soccer by 16.

There are class of kids ... unicorns ... elite players ... that need to continue to push themselves with higher level competition. They may move from one team to another as they outgrow that team/club. There is nothing wrong with this ... I encourage it.

What I don't encourage is parents that find personal intrinsic value in the fact that their "bronze" or "silver" kid is sitting on the bench of a "gold" team. When the club tells those parents "Look, Junior is good, but he still needs development in some key areas, we really think he will do well this year on our Silver team." The problem club hopper parents then say "Oh no f'ing way is my little superstar going to play "Silver" and then they shop looking for a Gold team ... all so junior can sit on the bench of a gold team. That is the vast majority of club hoppers. Those people are idiots. Let the kids play and have fun."

Absolutely, unicorns should hop up. But, what you describe (bad coach, fit) isn't a "club hopper," unless its a bad fit every single year ... then that player/parent probably needs to look inward and say "I'm the problem."

Club hoppers are kids that rarely play for the same club from year to year, always looking (usually at the demand of the parents) to be put on teams that are doing well and above the skill level. These kids tend to ride the bench and their parents value the prestige of being on a high level team, often to the detriment of their kids. These are the vast majority of club hoppers. Kids constantly pushed by their parents to join teams that are above their level and most of these club hoppers will be done with soccer by 16.

There are class of kids ... unicorns ... elite players ... that need to continue to push themselves with higher level competition. They may move from one team to another as they outgrow that team/club. There is nothing wrong with this ... I encourage it.

What I don't encourage is parents that find personal intrinsic value in the fact that their "bronze" or "silver" kid is sitting on the bench of a "gold" team. When the club tells those parents "Look, Junior is good, but he still needs development in some key areas, we really think he will do well this year on our Silver team." The problem club hopper parents then say "Oh no f'ing way is my little superstar going to play "Silver" and then they shop looking for a Gold team ... all so junior can sit on the bench of a gold team. That is the vast majority of club hoppers. Those people are idiots. Let the kids play and have fun."