What’s your clubs policy on player communication?

Does your club have a rule on coaches sending text messages or social media messages to players?

Never have been at a club with that type of a rule
Let me ask another way- Should your club have a policy?
Should a male coach be sending messages to middle school girls?
And if the parent thinks it’s an issue, what will your club president say about it?

Not sure what or if our club has a policy? In practice my DDs teams use teamsnap. Both coaches direct all written communication to the parent (text and email).

My own parent policy is that coaches do not communicate directly with my DD’s without including me on the communication. I would not accept anything else.

Not sure what or if our club has a policy? In practice my DDs teams use teamsnap. Both coaches direct all written communication to the parent (text and email).

My own parent policy is that coaches do not communicate directly with my DD’s without including me on the communication. I would not accept anything else.
Amen!!!

Let me ask another way- Should your club have a policy?
Should a male coach be sending messages to middle school girls?
And if the parent thinks it’s an issue, what will your club president say about it?
Hell yes for a policy and hell no for individual text to my minor.

Last edited:
Yes we had a written policy back before college. Any electronic communication one on one required parents to be copied. No phone call to under age 16 between player and coach. If older requires coach to text parent first about the need for a call. Female chaperone at all events. No coaches driving players. Group texting was allowed.

Back