West Coast/Surf OC

I highly doubt it....Blues will stay Blues unless they are having major issues.
A bird sang that the OC Surf group and the So Cal Blues have reached a mutual agreement to build the best girls club in the U.S.
Who will be next ? I would think that maybe its just parents gossiping, but I just happened to be sitting at a table at a local Starbucks and over heard a Blues coach telling another Blues coach about the merger. This could be the power house club of century !!

A Beach-Strikers mergers could make sense. It would give Beach a presence in OC and finally give them ECNL (maybe to little to late). Strikers would get the lifeline they need and AR might be able to continue to run the OC program. Obviously this is complete speculation but from the outside it would appear both clubs have something that would benefit the other.
Word is AR is leaving Orange County and California very soon for a job in Florida !! Anyone know if this is true ?

Odd that i keep seeing kids selling discount cards as West Coast. I bust the kids' chops about telling them to sell cards as Surf OC.

Can merge but still to have to retain the customers.

A bird sang that the OC Surf group and the So Cal Blues have reached a mutual agreement to build the best girls club in the U.S.
Who will be next ? I would think that maybe its just parents gossiping, but I just happened to be sitting at a table at a local Starbucks and over heard a Blues coach telling another Blues coach about the merger. This could be the power house club of century !!
"West Coast So.Cal OC Surf Blues" has a nice ring to it

I wonder if US Soccer would have anything to say about these mergers? So basically that'd be 3 close-by DAs coming out of one club if that were to happen???

(3 ECNL teams as well...)

Last edited:
was told part of the issue was fields. also another aspect had to do with DA playing restrictions.

as previously mentioned to someone, ive seen the issue with field space fold clubs.

I heard rumor of Blues-Strikers thing. Blues is all girls. Strikers is mostly boys but wants to get better with girls teams.
Makes a little more sense for this to happen then a blues/Surf/west Coast thing.

I heard rumor of Blues-Strikers thing. Blues is all girls. Strikers is mostly boys but wants to get better with girls teams.
Makes a little more sense for this to happen then a blues/Surf/west Coast thing.

hear only girls as well. part of the problem is what we heard during the us soccer election -restricting DA kid ability to play outside DA. so it might make sense depending on how they structure. just hate the known independent brands getting swallowed up by the big clubs

This makes a lot more sense than Blues West Coast... I don't think West Coast would merge twice in 6 months... If they wanted to merge with Blues to make a mega power why merge with Surf in the first place....

Back