West Coast FC 2.0

methood

SILVER
WCFC 2018: We need to CHANGE TO SURF. Exciting things ahead! Parent meeting soon!

OC SURF 2020: We need to change to WCFC! Exciting things ahead! Parent meeting soon!

Parents: the serpent beguiled me...

Dear parents and players,
I am excited to announce that we are going back to our heritage and once again becoming West Coast Futbol Club (WCFC). This is where we started in 1997, where we built our name and our tradition of excellence. We won 5 national championships, sent hundreds of players to college on scholarships, and many others to play for national teams and in the professional ranks. Our goal then, as now, is to not only produce great soccer players but more importantly individuals who will use the values and competitive ideals learned here in wherever career they chose to pursue. This move will allow us to maximize the opportunities of EVERY player who puts on a WCFC uniform as we felt that at times there was confusion in the marketplace with multiple OC Surf Clubs. This move will allow us to be fully recognized for who we are and we will not have any affiliate youth clubs going forward. We will lose none of the advantages that we had with Surf and we have created along with Surf Cup Sports a new kind of partnership with all of our existing benefits and more. We will still have preferred access to all Surf Cup events and to the free college recruiting software that they provide. Our players will be part of the Surf Select program for promising players to have more experiences and opportunities for players who are not in the DA or ECNL. In short, every opportunity that we had as OC Surf, we will still have as we continue our journey as WCFC.
We are moving forward in a very exciting time with many new opportunities for our coaches and players. The goal is to create an environment with the highest levels of competition and have a unique pathway for our players to reach their soccer dreams. WCFC has done it for 23 years and we are excited to continuing open new doors such as the partnership with Orange County SC, the new USL Academy for boys and girls and a new connection with Scottish powerhouse Glasgow Rangers FC!
We will be having a parent meeting in the next few weeks to describe the WCFC transition in details but we wanted our families to know right away about this exciting news.
Sincerely,
Mike Higgins
General Manager

More competition in the marketplace is good for the kids and their family.....not that anyone running club soccer actually cares about the kids.

No this is real.
I fell asleep and woke up to your breaking news and thought I was in some weird dream. WTF everyone???? So nothing will change for all my friends kids? Just new kits? Gus went over to Liverpool last month, PH is at Liverpool and now we have West Coast FC? What happens to ECNL and DA? Who gets what? Liverpool is bringing the big guns name wise. Nomads and names like that. This is huge. This might be the first of many tsunami that will hit South OC.....

I fell asleep and woke up to your breaking news and thought I was in some weird dream. WTF everyone???? So nothing will change for all my friends kids? Just new kits? Gus went over to Liverpool last month, PH is at Liverpool and now we have West Coast FC? What happens to ECNL and DA? Who gets what? Liverpool is bringing the big guns name wise. Nomads and names like that. This is huge. This might be the first of many tsunami that will hit South OC.....

We will see. I always thought it was a dumb move to change in the first place.
But a recently fired coach at OC Surf was the one who pushed the surf thing...and he was rewarded.

We will see. I always thought it was a dumb move to change in the first place.
But a recently fired coach at OC Surf was the one who pushed the surf thing...and he was rewarded.
I agree. Many greats have gone through West Coast FC. Good brand IMHO. Those tournaments were big time back in the day. Another coach got fired? Or are you referring to Gus?

His reward is a job at Liverpool? You r reward is your freedom and you guys got your brand back. Dont ever do that again. Fear causes people to make impatient decisions. Go West Coast FC. I jumped in quickly and saw my huge mistake and ate some crow as well. Better now than never....

In have no dog in the WCFC renewal.
just disappointed in this whole area and the people who are making these types of choices.

the email is just a sales pitch...

the email to change to surf was the same thing.

makes me wanna puke.

In have no dog in the WCFC renewal.
just disappointed in this whole area and the people who are making these types of choices.

the email is just a sales pitch...

the email to change to surf was the same thing.

makes me wanna puke.

Then puke on all of soccer in the US. Because it's a sham. I applaud those trying to get back to the original ideals and those that are trying to bring back the true idea of development. But in truth, club soccer is a business. And sales is part of the business. In the US, soccer is a play to play sport. And it's not changing. I don't approve of these mergers and retracts or lies, but I think it's a learning process and hopefully, we can get back to playing the beautiful game and stop the politics.

I can’t remember....wcfc had ECNL but no DA right?

Back