Went to 1st Girls DA Game LA Surf vs LA Galaxy 2005

Does anyone know what BSB stands for? Tried to google it in terms of soccer program and not getting any relevant results

I’m not a hater - just honest and direct. They had good teams in CSL Premier and decent coaching at that time but have been weak in the DA.

I’m not a hater - just honest and direct. They had good teams in CSL Premier and decent coaching at that time but have been weak in the DA.

The OP simply came on here to talk about a great DA game and how in their opinion were the better team That Day. You and another poster used the post as an opportunity to question why they chose LA surf (they didn't) to watch and to put down the club as a whole. That's Hating.....

honest and direct is a nice way to convince yourself that you're not a jerk.

The OP simply came on here to talk about a great DA game and how in their opinion were the better team That Day. You and another poster used the post as an opportunity to question why they chose LA surf (they didn't) to watch and to put down the club as a whole. That's Hating.....

honest and direct is a nice way to convince yourself that you're not a jerk.
I just speak the truth. I’m one for honest assessment and don’t hand out meaningless glowing stamps of approval without true merit. I think praise should be earned. If the team played well that’s great but there was just something about the original post that didn’t ring true to me.

Curious, what didn’t ring true? That a middle of the pack club was competitive with a MLS academy club?

I thought the OP was spot on.... I was there ... as an unbiased spectator waiting for the next game....I guess the moral of the story is don’t judge a book by its cover (i.e. wins/losses).

Curious, what didn’t ring true? That a middle of the pack club was competitive with a MLS academy club?

I thought the OP was spot on.... I was there ... as an unbiased spectator waiting for the next game....I guess the moral of the story is don’t judge a book by its cover (i.e. wins/losses).

Lol how are you unbiased???? The next game was the 06s. Sounds like you’re a la surf 06 parent. Another mediocre team.

Lol how are you unbiased???? The next game was the 06s. Sounds like you’re a la surf 06 parent. Another mediocre team.
Ahhhh no.....If this was the ‘05 game that is in question the next game would have been the ‘04’s. The ‘06’s would have already played.

Rather than deleting this post, I figured I would just correct myself. In this case, it was a reverse schedule so ‘06’s did indeed play after.

Last edited:
I just speak the truth. I’m one for honest assessment and don’t hand out meaningless glowing stamps of approval without true merit. I think praise should be earned. If the team played well that’s great but there was just something about the original post that didn’t ring true to me.
You speak the truth? it's all arbitrary. not truth but opinion. The OP put their thoughts of the game on the board. Its a forum full of opinions and sprinklings of facts. I don't know the OP so I don't know what there motives were other than to express enjoyment of a game and surprise at the outcome. I don't discount your opinion but it's your "honest" opinion.

This "mediocre" team is far from a complete product and they shouldn't be at U15. They've hung in there with the best of the division and will continue to get better. Maybe sometime in the future they will pass your "honest" assessment. We can only hope...

The truth is their DA teams have not been highly successful across all the age divisions as a whole. There are other clubs that are in the same situation not just that one. It doesn’t mean a team can’t have a great day and click and an average team can have many amazing players on it,but generally when you play a lesser challenging team you look great and I think the stats do provide information. A lot of new parents find this forum and are looking for information and I think the whole picture should be presented in an objective way so they can make a a good decision about their player’s path. Many, many coaches and DOC’s do not have your players best interests as a priority. That’s who I care about so they don’t get manipulated and lied to when they are faced with challenging decisions to make.

The whole conversation is nuts.

Parent took their kids to a DA game, and had a great time. Maybe the weaker team dug deep and pulled off a tie. If so, good for them and I am glad you got to see it.

Why turn it into a pissing contest? Hooray for the girls, and hope they have fun next game.

The truth is their DA teams have not been highly successful across all the age divisions as a whole. There are other clubs that are in the same situation not just that one. It doesn’t mean a team can’t have a great day and click and an average team can have many amazing players on it,but generally when you play a lesser challenging team you look great and I think the stats do provide information. A lot of new parents find this forum and are looking for information and I think the whole picture should be presented in an objective way so they can make a a good decision about their player’s path. Many, many coaches and DOC’s do not have your players best interests as a priority. That’s who I care about so they don’t get manipulated and lied to when they are faced with challenging decisions to make.
I like this post. It's less degrading and more to the point that should have been made. The OP was not, in my opinion, making a recruiting post for the club. Just their observations. They seemed a bit surprised as they should be given the reputation that proceeds LA Surf and LA Galaxy.

Several DA clubs have had a good foothold on recruiting prior to getting DA or ECNL. LA Premier was not one of them as talent from the area went elsewhere at the younger ages. We were skeptical of the club prior to attending practices but liked what we saw. Each parent needs to do their own research and does their child a disservice to rely on opinions from a forum.

Reactions: sdb
Been off on vacation for a few weeks so I'm trying to catch up on various threads to see what's been going on and stumbled into this one. We went to see the 03s play on Nov. 17th since we live nearby and wanted to see what DA soccer looks like. This is my unbiased opinion of what we saw. OC beat LA 3-1. Given the dismal record and results this team has had since the DA inception I can honestly see why. They had some players with pretty good skills. But there were plenty of bad first touches, and lots of kickball. Yes there was some good soccer here and there. But it was definitely outweighed by sub-par soccer. OC definitely played better soccer. LA kept using the tall CB to try and knock the ball over the top. It wasn't working. At some point you have to see that and adjust. But I also expected see more possession soccer. OC definitely played better possession. Take goal kicks for example. LA's tall CB would stand next to the GK and they looked out at the field as if they were devising a plan. The GK would then tap the ball with her foot..the CB would take it and hit it long near the midfield. Granted she has a big kick. But now it's a 50/50 ball. Where's the possession in that? And why not just have the CB send it instead of involving the GK? It honestly looked kinda dumb. LA did score first. I can't remember if it was a free kick or a corner. OC defender and the GK both made mistakes that lead to the goal. OC evened things up when an LA player committed a dumb foul in the box and gave OC a PK. It was a dumb foul and totally preventable. This same player fouled an OC player during a throw-in and the OC girl threw her hands up in there towards the ref asking for a foul. Again..a dumb foul that wasn't necessary. It was actually more of a head scratcher.
I want to go so far and say OC scored a second goal before the half ended off a corner kick. The LA coach went ape-shit (as did a few parents) because the OC player moved the corner flag prior to taking the kick.
We left when the half ended. I had to follow up online to see the final score.
We never bought into the DA product as far as using it as a tool to help get recruited to play in college. There are some schools out there for what my kid wants to major in that don't even have sports programs. So there's no point in us spending the extra money trying to play DA if there's a chance she won't be playing in college to begin with. She understands that soccer will end some day and that her education is what's going to help her earn the real job that she wants to do in life. My .02

Been off on vacation for a few weeks so I'm trying to catch up on various threads to see what's been going on and stumbled into this one. We went to see the 03s play on Nov. 17th since we live nearby and wanted to see what DA soccer looks like. This is my unbiased opinion of what we saw. OC beat LA 3-1. Given the dismal record and results this team has had since the DA inception I can honestly see why. They had some players with pretty good skills. But there were plenty of bad first touches, and lots of kickball. Yes there was some good soccer here and there. But it was definitely outweighed by sub-par soccer. OC definitely played better soccer. LA kept using the tall CB to try and knock the ball over the top. It wasn't working. At some point you have to see that and adjust. But I also expected see more possession soccer. OC definitely played better possession. Take goal kicks for example. LA's tall CB would stand next to the GK and they looked out at the field as if they were devising a plan. The GK would then tap the ball with her foot..the CB would take it and hit it long near the midfield. Granted she has a big kick. But now it's a 50/50 ball. Where's the possession in that? And why not just have the CB send it instead of involving the GK? It honestly looked kinda dumb. LA did score first. I can't remember if it was a free kick or a corner. OC defender and the GK both made mistakes that lead to the goal. OC evened things up when an LA player committed a dumb foul in the box and gave OC a PK. It was a dumb foul and totally preventable. This same player fouled an OC player during a throw-in and the OC girl threw her hands up in there towards the ref asking for a foul. Again..a dumb foul that wasn't necessary. It was actually more of a head scratcher.
I want to go so far and say OC scored a second goal before the half ended off a corner kick. The LA coach went ape-shit (as did a few parents) because the OC player moved the corner flag prior to taking the kick.
We left when the half ended. I had to follow up online to see the final score.
We never bought into the DA product as far as using it as a tool to help get recruited to play in college. There are some schools out there for what my kid wants to major in that don't even have sports programs. So there's no point in us spending the extra money trying to play DA if there's a chance she won't be playing in college to begin with. She understands that soccer will end some day and that her education is what's going to help her earn the real job that she wants to do in life. My .02

I was confused reading this, but you're referencing OC Surf vs LA Surf.
Got it!

Back