Went to 1st Girls DA Game LA Surf vs LA Galaxy 2005

Sounds a bit like an attempt at positive promotion of LA Surf - in general, except for one team, their teams have been at the bottom of the conference at every age bracket, watch more teams and report back in what you think of the other teams in that age group. Every team has a few good players and every team can have a great day but if the team is that good as a whole they would be doing better in the standings

When LA Surf played 05 Thorns, I thought Surf played extremely well. They kept possession and there defense was solid. Great group of girls with really good coaching. Keep grinding!!!!!
What is the LA Surf Coaches name? Gallo? Wondering if there was some film somewhere to watch....Thank you

Sounds a bit like an attempt at positive promotion of LA Surf - in general, except for one team, their teams have been at the bottom of the conference at every age bracket, watch more teams and report back in what you think of the other teams in that age group. Every team has a few good players and every team can have a great day but if the team is that good as a whole they would be doing better in the standings
I already predicted that LA Surf will be #1 in LA. @Luis Andres you seem smart and raw so I ask you. Anyone offer the full ride to you and the dd? The older LA Surf teams are below avg in the tough DA SoCal League. Not their fault either. U12 and under will start to kill all the teams and get all the credit for the development part when in actuality, they will recruit the best goat players from Los Angles to their Big Club like BSB is doing now. Full Ride Scholarship Players Parents and the Parents who demand the "Guarantee Play Time" and the "25% starters Packages." Not really about development. If you haven't been "paying" attention, that's on you.

Thats the vibe I'm getting from reading this thread too......

I will say that the merger of SoCal Academy and LA Premier forming LA Surf has been beneficial for the quality and style of play on field. I am 100% certain this has nothing to do with Surf the mothership and 100% to the staff that was brought in. I hope to see them continue this trajectory.

I already predicted that LA Surf will be #1 in LA. @Luis Andres you seem smart and raw so I ask you. Anyone offer the full ride to you and the dd? The older LA Surf teams are below avg in the tough DA SoCal League. Not their fault either. U12 and under will start to kill all the teams and get all the credit for the development part when in actuality, they will recruit the best goat players from Los Angles to their Big Club like BSB is doing now. Full Ride Scholarship Players Parents and the Parents who demand the "Guarantee Play Time" and the "25% starters Packages." Not really about development. If you haven't been "paying" attention, that's on you.

interesting. There’s been some scouting opportunities and information exchange, few emails and talks about progress and future direction but no talks about free rides yet but since the money aspect is not an issue for me, I can careless. I’ll do what I have to do to find the perfect development environment to continue her progress. If it means I gotta go further south so I will. But things like that offer free rides would not interest me one bit if the quality of development is compromised.

Please fill us all in on your knowledge of what BSB is doing. If your referring to their 2 new ‘03’s that came to us, make sure your not making your normal ASS -U- mptions! As you we’ll know, people change teams for various reasons. Some as simple as they just don’t want to drive the 1.5+ hours each way everyday when there is a high quality coaching staff in their back yard.

interesting. There’s been some scouting opportunities and information exchange, few emails and talks about progress and future direction but no talks about free rides yet but since the money aspect is not an issue for me, I can careless. I’ll do what I have to do to find the perfect development environment to continue her progress. If it means I gotta go further south so I will. But things like that offer free rides would not interest me one bit if the quality of development is compromised.
Best answer ever on this forum. I took it for 6 months and regret that move. Leverage is way more important is this arena Luis :)

.....But things like that offer free rides would not interest me one bit if the quality of development is compromised.
Happy to hear you say that because some of the tone/language in your posts seem to contradict this statement. As someone who also bypassed the offers in order to stay close to home with coaches whom were focused on developing kids not only as high level soccer players but as well rounded human beings, I’ve learned that this comes at a cost as well. Not as many big shiny trophies!

when considering the drive south please make sure you take the amount of time spent on the road into consideration. I’ve seen what toll this can take kids and their families and it is not worth it. Your little unicorns can indeed reach their goals through hard work, investing time with the ball off the field (rather than in traffic) and a love for the game (monitor the potential for burn out). I know of many who have chosen this path and more than reached their goals.

Head to the Beach @Luis Andres and pay your fair share. BSB will never bring players mid season who demand to play up. No free rides their either. Everyone pays their fair share.

Happy to hear you say that because some of the tone/language in your posts seem to contradict this statement. As someone who also bypassed the offers in order to stay close to home with coaches whom were focused on developing kids not only as high level soccer players but as well rounded human beings, I’ve learned that this comes at a cost as well. Not as many big shiny trophies!

when considering the drive south please make sure you take the amount of time spent on the road into consideration. I’ve seen what toll this can take kids and their families and it is not worth it. Your little unicorns can indeed reach their goals through hard work, investing time with the ball off the field (rather than in traffic) and a love for the game (monitor the potential for burn out). I know of many who have chosen this path and more than reached their goals.

The reason why you may think that some of my answers contradict my true beliefs is because I understand that these organizations are a business entity and they follow the flow of the cash. As I own my own business but does not mean I think they are the best practices to follow. Until we see a shift in people themselves and they stop opening their wallets to these types of practices that in the long run sacrifice development then they will keep doing the same thing over and over. and practice things like win at all costs and sacrifice development. For me I’m taking the player development aspect with my DD into my own hands making sure she loves the game and wanting to train everyday and become a more technical player in the process as I have taught her from a very young age to set high goals for herself and to fall in love with the process is the secrete to accomplishing whatever she wants out of life.

There is no attempt to promote any one team. It was my first set of DA games. I was only stating my opinion of what I saw. Were we impressed with LA Surf?..... Yes. Were we impressed with LA Galaxy? ...OK I guess I think I was expecting more from the name LA Galaxy. After reading what LA Surfs Goal Keepers Parent wrote they abviously aren’t doing bad right? If I were to listen to people putting teams down I guess I would watch very few teams in DA. I’m glad I saw this game, because I saw it without Bias. I guess I don’t think you should be such a hater! It makes me think your opinion doesn’t have much merit if you have to put down a team who played really well

There is no attempt to promote any one team. It was my first set of DA games. I was only stating my opinion of what I saw. Were we impressed with LA Surf?..... Yes. Were we impressed with LA Galaxy? ...OK I guess I think I was expecting more from the name LA Galaxy. After reading what LA Surfs Goal Keepers Parent wrote they abviously aren’t doing bad right? If I were to listen to people putting teams down I guess I would watch very few teams in DA. I’m glad I saw this game, because I saw it without Bias. I guess I don’t think you should be such a hater! It makes me think your opinion doesn’t have much merit if you have to put down a team who played really well

Also keep in mind LA Surf has 5- 05 players playing up with 04's

They could be playing down with 05's and their record would be better but they probably don't care about record as much.

They could be playing down with 05's and their record would be better but they probably don't care about record as much.

I would have no idea on that one but maybe this parent can help @cheaper2keeper

The hate is warranted to some degree as the overall club record is not good. If people know the LA Premier recent history, they know that they weren't a very good CSL club prior to getting DA. For that reason it will take some time for them to establish themselves. From my experience, it is a very structured and positive environment that isn't afraid to let the girls make mistakes, even if it costs us wins. I really liked me daughter's previous time spent at Legends but this experience has been much better...for my DD.

@GirlsRule : Yes there are a few very good 05's playing up with the 04's. Two of them played with us against LA Galaxy the previous meeting when we tied 3-3 as we were short players. One of them scored that game so they were a big help. Our #17 and 1 or 2 others had the opportunity to play up but chose to stay with the same coach they had last year.

Back