Went to 1st Girls DA Game LA Surf vs LA Galaxy 2005

GirlsRule

BRONZE
My Girls and I in my quest to decide if DA is the right way to go went to watch LA Galaxy and LA Surf. I wanted to see how the parents were on both sides and just watch. We went to stay and watch just half the game BUT it was so exciting we stayed till the end. 1st the Galaxy parents had horns and a non stop drum the entire time and I just found it so annoying and rude. The parents on LA Surf very Vocal but they all seamed you have fun with each other. I didn’t get to see how the parents were on Galaxy side because of that annoying DRUM! But it seemed everyone was very separate unlike LA Surf Parents. I had heard LA Galaxy was supposed to be the better team. At the beginning I thought it was even. But as time went on LA Surf were Unbelievably really Great They had a great goalie and a fast forward #57 I think she made a goal. But my Girls and I fell in Love with LA Surfs #17. All my girls want to be her number and play like her. No one on Galaxy could stop her. When we thought she would dribble she passed it. Her footwork was beyond words. Also LA Surfs Defense was so tough, and strong. They played like a team where LA Galaxy it seemed just tried to kick to their forwards. LA Surf in my opinion should of won the game they controlled the ball a lot better and smarter. Also LA Surf dominated especially in the second half. Like I said we only went to see half the Game and it was so exciting till the end 2-2 Tie. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE GAME to WATCH

My Girls and I in my quest to decide if DA is the right way to go went to watch LA Galaxy and LA Surf. I wanted to see how the parents were on both sides and just watch. We went to stay and watch just half the game BUT it was so exciting we stayed till the end. 1st the Galaxy parents had horns and a non stop drum the entire time and I just found it so annoying and rude. The parents on LA Surf very Vocal but they all seamed you have fun with each other. I didn’t get to see how the parents were on Galaxy side because of that annoying DRUM! But it seemed everyone was very separate unlike LA Surf Parents. I had heard LA Galaxy was supposed to be the better team. At the beginning I thought it was even. But as time went on LA Surf were Unbelievably really Great They had a great goalie and a fast forward #57 I think she made a goal. But my Girls and I fell in Love with LA Surfs #17. All my girls want to be her number and play like her. No one on Galaxy could stop her. When we thought she would dribble she passed it. Her footwork was beyond words. Also LA Surfs Defense was so tough, and strong. They played like a team where LA Galaxy it seemed just tried to kick to their forwards. LA Surf in my opinion should of won the game they controlled the ball a lot better and smarter. Also LA Surf dominated especially in the second half. Like I said we only went to see half the Game and it was so exciting till the end 2-2 Tie. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE GAME to WATCH
Quick question do all DA teams teach footwork and first touch at practice?

You should watch other teams play. LA Surf is a very mediocre team that played an above average team that has not played many games yet. Surf has a very good defender, number 17. She basically carries the defense. Their forwards are fine but mostly ineffective. It’s an interesting match you decided to take the time to watch. Still good for you for taking an interest.

You should watch other teams play. LA Surf is a very mediocre team that played an above average team that has not played many games yet. Surf has a very good defender, number 17. She basically carries the defense. Their forwards are fine but mostly ineffective. It’s an interesting match you decided to take the time to watch. Still good for you for taking an interest.

@ginga

That's a bit harsh and please don't pretend to know the team. They are a progressing team that has tied LA Galaxy twice this year, beat Beach, tied Placer, and have been in every game since the second half of last year. #17 is an amazing player and even better young lady. She is the CAM not a defender and no longer has to "carry" the team as she did much of last year. This team may be towards the bottom of the standings but will not finish there, although we won't care if they do, as long as they continue to improve. They are a great group of girls who play with heart and enjoy being the underdog. What other teams would you have the OP watch? and why? LA Galaxy has played 10 games this season and we've played 12. LA Galaxy is a very talented team with great athletes. Does two more games make that much difference?

@GirlsRule : thank you for the kind words. My DD is the keeper on that team and will love to see someone other than our parents noticed she played well. It was a very exciting game.

@ginga

That's a bit harsh and please don't pretend to know the team. They are a progressing team that has tied LA Galaxy twice this year, beat Beach, tied Placer, and have been in every game since the second half of last year. #17 is an amazing player and even better young lady. She is the CAM not a defender and no longer has to "carry" the team as she did much of last year. This team may be towards the bottom of the standings but will not finish there, although we won't care if they do, as long as they continue to improve. They are a great group of girls who play with heart and enjoy being the underdog. What other teams would you have the OP watch? and why? LA Galaxy has played 10 games this season and we've played 12. LA Galaxy is a very talented team with great athletes. Does two more games make that much difference?

@GirlsRule : thank you for the kind words. My DD is the keeper on that team and will love to see someone other than our parents noticed she played well. It was a very exciting game.
I thought your daughter had an incredible game! She saved some really tough shots. I am new to the whole DA thing my daughters play and I find going to see games and being incognito no one is telling me anything and I get to see both teams true colors. I don’t agree with (ginga) I thought LA Surf, your team played well as a TEAM. I felt everyone on that field played well together. Your parents are a hoot! My daughters and I were also very impressed with how your parents cheered for all the players. We really couldn’t tell who’s parents belonged to which player. THAT was IMPRESSIVE to me as a PARENT! Congrats to your Daughter and her TEAM I don’t know about rankings but very impressed with your team. We will be going and watching other teams to BUT we gotta give Your team 5 Stars

We totally plan to watch other teams play! We went to see Galaxy cuz they were supposed to be so great. I didn’t think LA Surf was mediocre at all. Quite the opposite. LA Galaxy was good but just not what I expected. I thought LA Surf all 11 players in the field worked as a team. Like I said it seemed LA Galaxy was just kicking the ball to the forwards. Not much playing as a team. Plan to see other DA games too!

Like I said it seemed LA Galaxy was just kicking the ball to the forwards. Not much playing as a team. Plan to see other DA games too!
A lot of teams, including many college teams, play this way. I'm fine with that as a strategy, but getting as many passes and touches as possible would seem to be the best way to improve young players, and to think I thought DA was meant for that.

Not at all. Most likely private trainers. Don’t you have 08 and 09 daughters? You are very interested in 05 age group
Yes my daughters are younger but we plan to watch all different age groups in DA. I think it’s important to watch all different Age groups just to see the difference at different ages. But back to your answer so the Private trainers DA provides?

Yes my daughters are younger but we plan to watch all different age groups in DA. I think it’s important to watch all different Age groups just to see the difference at different ages. But back to your answer so the Private trainers DA provides?
Oh no DA provides none of that. You have to find a private trainer on your own. Depending on where you live you can ask the forum for recommendations for one. It’s also usually one on one or at max a few girls. Also if you don’t want to pay extra $$$ have your dd’s YouTube skill drills and work this at home. I know many families that have had private trainers and have seen a growth in them doing so. Good Luck to your Daughters

@ginga

Not pretend. I don’t know them at all. I’m sure the girl’s love each other and at the end of each game want to hang out with one another. Perfect! Love that about soccer. I’m only commenting on level of play. Just as a matter of fact, LA Surf is mediocre. If they’re trying to get better by finding better players, awesome.

Not pretend. I don’t know them at all. I’m sure the girl’s love each other and at the end of each game want to hang out with one another. Perfect! Love that about soccer. I’m only commenting on level of play. Just as a matter of fact, LA Surf is mediocre. If they’re trying to get better by finding better players, awesome.

I smell a troll lol... “I don’t know them at all” but, hey, I know they are “mediocre” as a “fact”...???.. this is nonsensical ... then again, this is the world we live in right now

I was waiting for my niece’s match which was after this one and saw this specific game @GirlsRule was pretty spot on.....a “mediocre“ team would have gotten eaten alive by that talented Galaxy team... I too was surprised by that LA Surf 05 team....obviously well coached

I smell a troll lol... “I don’t know them at all” but, hey, I know they are “mediocre” as a “fact”...???.. this is nonsensical ... then again, this is the world we live in right now

I was waiting for my niece’s match which was after this one and saw this specific game @GirlsRule was pretty spot on.....a “mediocre“ team would have gotten eaten alive by that talented Galaxy team... I too was surprised by that LA Surf 05 team....obviously well coached

I would try to explain it so it makes sense to you but it seems you have trouble following a conversation with more than one subject so I won’t.

I’m not sure what a troll is but you can name call all you want. I hope it makes you feel better.

I would try to explain it so it makes sense to you but it seems you have trouble following a conversation with more than one subject so I won’t.

I’m not sure what a troll is but you can name call all you want. I hope it makes you feel better.
[/QUOTE

You’re absolutely right.... don’t even attempt to explain yourself...lol. I’m sure it will be just as a cluster of an explanation as your last posts.

You’re absolutely right.... don’t even attempt to explain yourself...lol. I’m sure it will be just as a cluster of an explanation as your last posts.

It took you two tries to say that and still couldn’t understand that it wasn't an explanation. Try to focus when you read. You can do better.

@ginga

LA Surf is a well coached team and have really good players. I like the way they play. Keep up the good work.

When LA Surf played 05 Thorns, I thought Surf played extremely well. They kept possession and there defense was solid. Great group of girls with really good coaching. Keep grinding!!!!!

It took you two tries to say that and still couldn’t understand that it wasn't an explanation. Try to focus when you read. You can do better.

I focused alright and your posts are a rambling mess ...Keep embarrassing yourself.

Back