Welcome Thread for New Members (Say Hello)

Hello everyone

I go by Veritas. Originally from North Texas. Out here in Southern California with my family. I grew up playing soccer and I feel it's an important family tradition for my children to follow. I have 3 children 2 girls and 1 boy. 2003 and 2010 are the girls and 2007 the boy. Normally there is a new member introduction thread on the last forum I was on, but I couldn't quite find it here, if so I missed it. So I decided to create one so all new members can create their first post here and give a little background on themselves. I believe soccer in America needs to be reshaped in many ways. I believe player technical development should be the responsibility of the parents and not the coach especially in the younger age groups. And after that its the responsibility of the player. I believe coaches do not have enough time with weekly practices to focus on individual player technical development and may hurt the overall progress of the team in the long run. Team development comes first and then comes winning. However both are important towards development. Playing the tops teams within the age group allows for a faster rate of team development and growth. Excited about the So Cal Scene and having my children compete with some of the best teams around. Right now I'm not disclosing the teams I will have my children playing for, but I can say that as I get to know more members on an individual basis, I'm all for disclosure of that. I've read through some of the threads around and there is definitely some interesting topics and issues. And of course some odd characters too. Thank you Admin for approving my account and I look forward to chatting and getting to know all the interesting users. Good, bad, trolls, it don't matter to me. Seen it all and I myself can be quite the character at times myself. So you can expect that from me. I'm very direct and to the point and do not like smokes and mirrors. The more truthful and honest one is the more credibility and respect in my eyes.

Regards

Veritas

hello.jpg

Hi Veritas. Glad I found this corner of the forum. I’ve been reading some interesting threads, commenting a few times, confused a few more times and definitely scratching my head at some pre existing turmoil that spills over.

will keep an eye out for the useful stuff and go from there.

Back