Water break request at State Cup this weekend?

U14 girls team asked for water breaks during coin flip. They only had 11, the temperature was in the mid 60's. Ref gave it to them.

Not sure I would give that, the law is all about high humidity and temperatures. Usually the tournament will announce when they will allow them to be asked for.

What would you do?

Give it to them of course (even without the hot temperatures). Saw a game (temp was probably 80F) where AR motioned to CR to give a water break and CR waved him off. In last two minutes of the game, player feints on the field and ambulance had to be called. Always error on the side of safety. After all these are children.

Give it to them of course (even without the hot temperatures). Saw a game (temp was probably 80F) where AR motioned to CR to give a water break and CR waved him off. In last two minutes of the game, player feints on the field and ambulance had to be called. Always error on the side of safety. After all these are children.

Calling a water break though would have been unfair to the other team whose girls were in better shape, and worse yet it might of been a violation of the "system". :p That's probably why the AR who suggested the break is only an AR because he doesn't follow the system.

Dude, why you still going on and on about this? What's to understand?
If one team would have water break and the other was not allowed, then we would have something to talk about.
Both teams were given water break, both teams switched sides at the half, both teams played the game on the same field. Was it not FAIR? End of the story.

You can grab a quick drink from a squirt bottle on the sidelines if someone throws it to you during certain brakes in the action, right?

Running 4+ miles (11v11) mids in a half plus all the other stuff and I would think some players would want a water drink. All the other ball sports have timeouts, break in the action and we would all drink pretty much.

I have always been told that if a coach or captain requests a water break then I am to give a water break. Under the LOTG we are allowed to add time when giving water breaks.

Back