Washington governor opens up state for youth soccer training and games

Okay...they are choosing to go against the State. I believe that could result in consequences and I doubt many will follow that lead.
Explain the consequences? Is it monetary? The more the counties do this Gavin’s plan is dead

Because he's a piece of shit human being that doesn't practice what he preaches. Keeps schools closed but not his kid's. Closes wineries but not his winery. He's Nancy Pelosi's nephew... so we all know this is political for him. You remember Nancy, right? Got dat hair did when salons were closed?

I like a lot of your posts @The Outlaw, but man this one is pretty silly. Newsom's winery was in Napa County which wasn't on the watch list. Which, means A LOT of wineries were still open. In regards to his kids and school, just like a ton of other schools across the state, his kid's school applied for a waiver. I'm not suggesting he's batting 1000, but let's at least not lose sight of logic and critical thinking.

figured everyone was still in phase 1.
Everyone is subject to the Youth Sports guidelines issued by the state in July. The guidelines say players must maintain 6 ft of distance and be in a stable cohort. This is what is preventing teams in California from playing in competition. As far as I know, anyone playing games is violating state guidelines. Clubs will not do this because their insurance will not cover them if they do. Until new guidelines are issued, clubs are stuck adhering to the state, or breaking the rule and risking collective and individual coach liability.

Explain the consequences? Is it monetary? The more the counties do this Gavin’s plan is dead
I’ve been wondering about this too. What if everyone just bucked the guidelines? We could all just pitch in and pay the fines. But, I think the remaining concern for clubs is liability.

Everyone is subject to the Youth Sports guidelines issued by the state in July. The guidelines say players must maintain 6 ft of distance and be in a stable cohort. This is what is preventing teams in California from playing in competition. As far as I know, anyone playing games is violating state guidelines. Clubs will not do this because their insurance will not cover them if they do. Until new guidelines are issued, clubs are stuck adhering to the state, or breaking the rule and risking collective and individual coach liability.

Yeah that's pretty much spot on. The state guidelines came out 8/3 where the distancing was added. I think a lot of clubs were abiding by "camp" guidelines prior to that where distancing wasn't required. The part that's even more confusing is counties can add to the state guidelines making them even more restrictive.

This is all super frustrating because everyone is breaking the rules and distancing at practices is incredibly hard for the coaches to enforce. I've watched a ton of practices from all age groups and different clubs and the rules just aren't being followed. There's no blame here at all, it's just an incredibly hard thing to do. Oddly enough, there are NO outbreaks in our area. Newsom and all the counties just need to open youth sports up. It's getting pretty silly at this point.

I like a lot of your posts @The Outlaw, but man this one is pretty silly. Newsom's winery was in Napa County which wasn't on the watch list. Which, means A LOT of wineries were still open. In regards to his kids and school, just like a ton of other schools across the state, his kid's school applied for a waiver. I'm not suggesting he's batting 1000, but let's at least not lose sight of logic and critical thinking.

LIFETIME BAN FOR NOT ADHERING TO NO POLITICS.

Thanks. He screwed his best friend's wife, broke up their family and blamed it on alcohol. Research him... he's dirty. If we're going to criticize some politicians, let's keep it fair. That is logical to me.

That said, he's shut California down. Gavin decided which wineries got to stay open because HE determined who was on the watch list. And how ironic that his kids go to a private school, nowhere near his home, that just happened to granted the waiver. Too bad public schools couldn't.

My point is that HE doesn't feel the pain because he's wealthy, enough to buy a $ 5.5M house overlooking the rest of us, and isn't impacted like the rest of us. He's the same asshole that spent ONE night in the governor's mansion and moved because his family didn't like having so many homeless people laying around. Imagine that!

C'mon, dad... he's a douche of the highest order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's pretty much spot on. The state guidelines came out 8/3 where the distancing was added. I think a lot of clubs were abiding by "camp" guidelines prior to that where distancing wasn't required. The part that's even more confusing is counties can add to the state guidelines making them even more restrictive.

This is all super frustrating because everyone is breaking the rules and distancing at practices is incredibly hard for the coaches to enforce. I've watched a ton of practices from all age groups and different clubs and the rules just aren't being followed. There's no blame here at all, it's just an incredibly hard thing to do. Oddly enough, there are NO outbreaks in our area. Newsom and all the counties just need to open youth sports up. It's getting pretty silly at this point.
I agree. My DD’s play for a club that genuinely follows the guidelines to the letter. I grit my teeth when others in the area sneak in scrimmages, partly in frustration and partly in jealousy!

Thanks. He screwed his best friend's wife, broke up their family and blamed it on alcohol. Research him... he's dirty. If we're going to criticize some politicians, let's keep it fair. That is logical to me.

That said, he's shut California down. Gavin decided which wineries got to stay open because HE determined who was on the watch list. And how ironic that his kids go to a private school, nowhere near his home, that just happened to granted the waiver. Too bad public schools couldn't.

My point is that HE doesn't feel the pain because he's wealthy, enough to buy a $ 5.5M house overlooking the rest of us, and isn't impacted like the rest of us. He's the same asshole that spent ONE night in the governor's mansion and moved because his family didn't like having so many homeless people laying around. Imagine that!

I'd rather not compare Newsom's infidelities to pretty much any other politician, in particular to you know who. That's a futile effort, but I think we can agree that there seems to be something in the water politicians (or maybe wealthy people) drink that leads them down that path. Who knows.

Have you been to Napa County? https://www.kget.com/health/coronavirus/ask-17-why-is-the-winery-founded-by-gov-newsom-still-open/

Public schools were allowed to apply for waivers. It happened in our county. His kid's school did this mid-september if I'm not mistaken. If your school didn't do it, maybe go to your district's board meetings.

Personally, can't say I blame him, you'd have to pay me a lot of money to live in Sacto (kidding of course). For what it's worth, his kids were in public schools prior to him becoming governor and they lived in a <2000 sqft house with 4 kids. Obviously he has money, but I don't think they live a lavish lifestyle. I mean nothing like you know who.

I'd rather not compare Newsom's infidelities to pretty much any other politician, in particular to you know who. That's a futile effort, but I think we can agree that there seems to be something in the water politicians (or maybe wealthy people) drink that leads them down that path. Who knows.

Have you been to Napa County? https://www.kget.com/health/coronavirus/ask-17-why-is-the-winery-founded-by-gov-newsom-still-open/

Public schools were allowed to apply for waivers. It happened in our county. His kid's school did this mid-september if I'm not mistaken. If your school didn't do it, maybe go to your district's board meetings.

Personally, can't say I blame him, you'd have to pay me a lot of money to live in Sacto (kidding of course). For what it's worth, his kids were in public schools prior to him becoming governor and they lived in a <2000 sqft house with 4 kids. Obviously he has money, but I don't think they live a lavish lifestyle. I mean nothing like you know who.
My dd flew home from a camp once and he was on the same southwest flight flying coach. I appreciated that. She sat right behind him and text us his actions. “He is working on his laptop, writing emails”. “Now he is watching a video of puppies.” :D

My dd flew home from a camp once and he was on the same southwest flight flying coach. I appreciated that. She sat right behind him and text us his actions. “He is working on his laptop, writing emails”. “Now he is watching a video of puppies.” :D
to put this in perspective, southwest only has coach. cute story about the puppies though

Specifically for Riverside...."As much as $114 million in state funding, including coronavirus relief funds and money to feed seniors and house the homeless, could be at risk depending on how the county’s actions were perceived, county officials said."

"Spiegel and Jeffries noted the county couldn’t stop Sacramento from taking the professional licenses of businesses defying the state’s COVID-19 rules, nor could it stop virus-fearing employees from filing complaints with the state."

The State also provides significant funding to school districts. For the Placentia Yorba Linda School District they receive $41.7 million from the State. That is one school District in 1 county.

So... to summarize. We're all in phase 1 here in SoCal meaning 6 ft training, distance etc.
Clubs who are choosing to scrimmage amongst each other (within their club) are in violation of State/County orders?
It's not my business what other clubs are doing or not doing I'm genuinely asking a question.

Specifically for Riverside...."As much as $114 million in state funding, including coronavirus relief funds and money to feed seniors and house the homeless, could be at risk depending on how the county’s actions were perceived, county officials said."

"Spiegel and Jeffries noted the county couldn’t stop Sacramento from taking the professional licenses of businesses defying the state’s COVID-19 rules, nor could it stop virus-fearing employees from filing complaints with the state."

The State also provides significant funding to school districts. For the Placentia Yorba Linda School District they receive $41.7 million from the State. That is one school District in 1 county.
Interesting and thanks; Isn’t the schooling funding from collection of local property tax? The $114 million would only impact homeless. They can leave and go to city of LA?

Interesting and thanks; Isn’t the schooling funding from collection of local property tax? The $114 million would only impact homeless. They can leave and go to city of LA?

That's one of the most ignorant comments I have seen all year. In California, state funding of local public schools is almost twice that derived from local property taxes.

You really read that wrong. $114 million isn't only for the homeless in Riverside County. Can you imagine...they would be living in lap of luxury! If you read the quote again you will see there is $114 million in state funding INCLUDING (not make up all of it) corona virus relief (state cares act given to the county) AND homeless funds. The reality is, the homeless funds is probably a very small amount of the $114 million.

Espola is correct...state funding is not all from property taxes. Regardless, the State controls the purse strings.

So... to summarize. We're all in phase 1 here in SoCal meaning 6 ft training, distance etc.
Clubs who are choosing to scrimmage amongst each other (within their club) are in violation of State/County orders?
It's not my business what other clubs are doing or not doing I'm genuinely asking a question.
Correct.

Dam! Shit does happen.

R.I.P Outlaw. You pissed me off many times. Messy might be joining you soon. Dam, this is real stuff folks!!!

Back