Washington governor opens up state for youth soccer training and games

Espola is correct...state funding is not all from property taxes. Regardless, the State controls the purse strings.

Not sure I'm adding value here, but it depends on the district. Put simply, because public school funding is hardly simple (though LCAP/LCFF has simplified things quite a bit), it depends on the district. Some districts are "Basic Aid" and others are "Revenue Limit". Essentially LCFF says each district should have a certain amount of money per ADA. A basic aid district is one that doesn't need additional state funding because the local property taxes is enough to hit that number. On the flip-side revenue limit districts need additional funding from the state. Absolutely there are more revenue limit districts than basic aid districts.

I would love to know more about this. Your club was give the approval by who??

Whoever they work with for their club license, I suppose? They are not going to lose their club license by not following their approved guidelines they applied for, that I can tell you. Have you asked your club if they have applied for a waiver/approval to have small scrimmages? This is not a simple process and takes time so I hope they started months ago.

Okay...they are choosing to go against the State. I believe that could result in consequences and I doubt many will follow that lead.

Not exactly. I hear the county will be losing money if they do not abide by the new guidelines created by the county board and approved by dictator newsome. Not sure of all the deets but the people of our county want our economy opened up. Other counties are in the same boat.

The article states: The newer version of the reopening plan should help keep the county in compliance with state guidelines and prevent the loss of funds, official said.

figured everyone was still in phase 1.

Per the article, the county of Riverside is in Tier 2 : The county remained in Tier 2, the red level, when changes were announced Tuesday. With a positivity rate — the rate of positive results among all COVID-19 tests performed — of 5% and an adjusted case rate of 7.6 positive infections per 100,000 people, the risk of spreading the illness is substantial, according to state metrics.

Welcome Cruzer. I love Temecula Valley and was fortunate to live there for 11 years. I made the drive to da Blues for two years and was called all sorts of names on here.

Nice to meet ya, Crush. Is the Blues a hated organization? I am green on that topic.

Not sure I'm adding value here, but it depends on the district. Put simply, because public school funding is hardly simple (though LCAP/LCFF has simplified things quite a bit), it depends on the district. Some districts are "Basic Aid" and others are "Revenue Limit". Essentioually LCFF says each district should have a certain amount of money per ADA. A basic aid district is one that doesn't need additional state funding because the local property taxes is enough to hit that number. On the flip-side revenue limit districts need additional funding from the state. Absolutely there are more revenue limit districts than basic aid districts.
I went back and looked at out District and LCFF is $233 million and the $43 million I referred to was from other State revenues. The reality is, Districts receive some amount of State funding and they wouldn't want any amount withheld. And your comment did add value. Thank you.

Nice to meet ya, Crush. Is the Blues a hated organization? I am green on that topic.
Some hate them with deep passion. I don;t, I just want to beat them and that's all. Nothing but trying to beat da best and then move on. Club docs get pissed when their player they think they own when their 10 years old would leave to a higher calling. Blues is #1 because they win. No ifs and or butts about that. They would always find some sucker dad to drive to the Ranch from Temecula Valley in search of winning the medals and all the tournaments. Kind of like the Alabama of college futbol.

Not exactly. I hear the county will be losing money if they do not abide by the new guidelines created by the county board and approved by dictator newsome. Not sure of all the deets but the people of our county want our economy opened up. Other counties are in the same boat.

The article states: The newer version of the reopening plan should help keep the county in compliance with state guidelines and prevent the loss of funds, official said.

They are going against the guidance related to sports which was clear on the subject but having said that, who is going to tell them. They have ignored us as insignificant to address in any recent guidance, so any county is left to their own devices.

They are going against the guidance related to sports which was clear on the subject but having said that, who is going to tell them. They have ignored us as insignificant to address in any recent guidance, so any county is left to their own devices.
I was talking with a friend the other day and in Gardena, CA, their soccer team was kicked off the baseball fields because baseball teams had actual permits to practice from the City. How does that happen?

I was talking with a friend the other day and in Gardena, CA, their soccer team was kicked off the baseball fields because baseball teams had actual permits to practice from the City. How does that happen?
Anybody practicing on a city field has a permit. They are likely only permitted to practice within state guidelines, however (no contact).

I don't know...you should research that. Nice try at getting me to do it. LOL I have to be interested in the what the answer is to do the research. I am not interested in this one.

I always went for the Kicker Bait early on Keeper mom. Actually, I think Kicker is good at asking questions and is well versed in club soccer. I have much respect for all of you and Kicker. These are hard times for all of us and we all need to be there for one another after Nov 3rd. Were one big melting pot family of dna from all over the world and that makes us all Americans. Yay!!! No baiting each other into traps and let's all just focus on soccer and how we can help our kids play locally and not have to drive 6 hours each way to play.

1602180372532.png

LIFETIME BAN FOR NOT ADHERING TO NO POLITICS.

Thanks. He screwed his best friend's wife, broke up their family and blamed it on alcohol. Research him... he's dirty. If we're going to criticize some politicians, let's keep it fair. That is logical to me.

That said, he's shut California down. Gavin decided which wineries got to stay open because HE determined who was on the watch list. And how ironic that his kids go to a private school, nowhere near his home, that just happened to granted the waiver. Too bad public schools couldn't.

My point is that HE doesn't feel the pain because he's wealthy, enough to buy a $ 5.5M house overlooking the rest of us, and isn't impacted like the rest of us. He's the same asshole that spent ONE night in the governor's mansion and moved because his family didn't like having so many homeless people laying around. Imagine that!

C'mon, dad... he's a douche of the highest order.
WORD.
Rather harsh on Dom’s part I would say.

Back