War in Ukraine soon?

Some observations.

- It was assumed the Russians would roll through Ukraine in a matter of days.

They of course have not.

- Russian equipment is not as good as was thought. In large part the country relies on a few major contractors all of which are corrupt. In the US we have a variety of manufacturers responsible for producing planes. In Russia basically all planes are produced by one company. There is no competition, oversight, etc.

The failure rate of missiles in Ukraine has been shockingly high.

Etc etc.

That said they have enough munitions to blanket bomb/level cities.

- Russian logistics are terrible
- Russian on the ground leadership is terrible. They still suffer from the fact they do not use NCO's in the fashion that the West does. By that it means allowing NCO's to make on the ground decisions as events unfold. Essentially their decision making is not nimble.
- Planning...which involves leadership has been poor. They way they have moved armor around has left them very vulnerable to Ukrainian defenses. The Russians have not used infantry properly to help protect armor.
- Maybe most surprising is how with all their planes, Russia still does not posses air superiority over the Ukrainians.
- The bulk of their forces are made up of poorly trained conscripts. They serve 12 months. That is enough to get some basic training in, but not enough to match the professionalism of lets say US troops who have longer terms/more training. The lack of training is very apparent in terms of how badly the Russians have done in Ukraine.

All in all it has been rather eye opening in terms of how badly they have performed since the invasion.

Some observations.

They of course have not.

- Russian equipment is not as good as was thought. In large part the country relies on a few major contractors all of which are corrupt. In the US we have a variety of manufacturers responsible for producing planes. In Russia basically all planes are produced by one company. There is no competition, oversight, etc.

The failure rate of missiles in Ukraine has been shockingly high.

Etc etc.

That said they have enough munitions to blanket bomb/level cities.

- Russian logistics are terrible
- Russian on the ground leadership is terrible. They still suffer from the fact they do not use NCO's in the fashion that the West does. By that it means allowing NCO's to make on the ground decisions as events unfold. Essentially their decision making is not nimble.
- Planning...which involves leadership has been poor. They way they have moved armor around has left them very vulnerable to Ukrainian defenses. The Russians have not used infantry properly to help protect armor.
- Maybe most surprising is how with all their planes, Russia still does not posses air superiority over the Ukrainians.
- The bulk of their forces are made up of poorly trained conscripts. They serve 12 months. That is enough to get some basic training in, but not enough to match the professionalism of lets say US troops who have longer terms/more training. The lack of training is very apparent in terms of how badly the Russians have done in Ukraine.

All in all it has been rather eye opening in terms of how badly they have performed since the invasion.
All the while vlad has his finger on the ultimate trump card . . . or does he? At what point does the damage caused outweigh the risks involved? WWIII seems almost inevitable with China waiting to see. Of course this all could be avoided, but time will tell.

All the while vlad has his finger on the ultimate trump card . . . or does he? At what point does the damage caused outweigh the risks involved? WWIII seems almost inevitable with China waiting to see. Of course this all could be avoided, but time will tell.
Stop dreaming of world war 3 and start dreaming of peace Husker. War war and more war. Rumors of war is being played in everyones brain becauae its whats being played 24/7 on the news. You are what you think. Think love and you will make love. Think war and you will make war!

They of course have not.

Already wrong. This is what the CNNs and BBCs tried to sell but it is not Putins original intention. Do you think Putin wants another Vietnam or Afganistan?

From Putins past actions in Crimea and Georgia, he is only into areas where there are large Russian populations and the Russian population are oppressed by their government, and the local population overwhelming voted to join Russia. This is true in Eastern Ukraine.

Already wrong. This is what the CNNs and BBCs tried to sell but it is not Putins original intention. Do you think Putin wants another Vietnam or Afganistan?

From Putins past actions in Crimea and Georgia, he is only into areas where there are large Russian populations and the Russian population are oppressed by their government, and the local population overwhelming voted to join Russia. This is true in Eastern Ukraine.
The war channels are doing a number on all my friends. The only one who knows the real scoop is my best friend Colin. His dad was born in Kiev. His mom is a big time liberal attorney. The guy can read people like a book and 100% tells me that the Russians in Ukraine have been getting killed since 2014 and attacked financially. He told me to tell everyone on here to watch where you get the news. Again, where two fight no one is right.

Poppycock.....
Putin is a narcissistic mass murderer and his slaughter of innocent people repeats Hitler's invasion of his neighbors and the murder of millions...

$33,000,000,000 to Ukraine from the Big Guy. What a number. Symbolism will be their down fall!!! Club 33 is fired up and can't wait to get their pay day finally for selling their souls. It's all about $$$$ and the folks fighting for Joe and Hunter need to get paid. No one acts like this for free.

$33,000,000,000 to Ukraine from the Big Guy. What a number. Symbolism will be their down fall!!! Club 33 is fired up and can't wait to get their pay day finally for selling their souls. It's all about $$$$ and the folks fighting for Joe and Hunter need to get paid. No one acts like this for free.
They do act like this for freedom...

Poppycock.....
Putin is a narcissistic mass murderer and his slaughter of innocent people repeats Hitler's invasion of his neighbors and the murder of millions...

I have said all I wanted to say. I started this thread trying to learn more about this region and realized the propaganda behind his war later. I have no interest to support or not support Putin. I have nothing against him or against Ukrainians or Russians. To repeat again my view again is to sound like a broken record.

I have said all I wanted to say. I started this thread trying to learn more about this region and realized the propaganda behind his war later. I have no interest to support or not support Putin. I have nothing against him or against Ukrainians or Russians. To repeat again my view again is to sound like a broken record.
I personally don't care for war criminals & the lies they tell...

I don't know Blam. Look at a map. The regions you're saying support Putin and need saving from Ukraine have been fighting off the Russians for over a month in bloody, look in the other guys eyes, urban warfare. I'm sorry, but for me your claims of a better understanding of the situation just don't line up with the reality of Russians laying waste to the cities and people in the exact regions you're claiming view the Russians as liberators.

Speaking of which, why aren't Dick Cheney and friends in jail? The only one who took any kind of a fall was Scooter Libby, and t pardoned him.
Could you post information regarding an investigation, trial and conviction of VP Cheney ?
Thanks Magoo

"This war is meaningless. It does no one any good. Drop your weapons and go home to your wife, children and relatives" Ukraine Warrior

"[In an] open society, the rule of the state is to protect the freedom of the individual. [In a] closed society, the role of the individual is to serve the rulers of the state."
"I think Ukraine today is rendering a tremendous service to Europe and to the western world and to open society and our survival because they are fighting our fight. They have a really good chance of winning...we must give them all the support that they ask for."

Back