Ventura Coach Accused of Inappropriate Acts

DM what is even more interesting is the coach in question didn't actually coach her daughters only maybe filled in from time to time just to add great context to more of the fabrications and fraud.

DM what is even more interesting is the coach in question didn't actually coach her daughters only maybe filled in from time to time just to add great context to more of the fabrications and fraud.
Socalsoccercoach you’re working really hard to discredit me. I never said VT was my daughter’s primary soccer coach. Yes he did fill-in and travel with our team to a tournament and stay in the same hotel that we did and that makes my skin crawl.

For those of you who are interested, my issue with this club began when my coach and club administrators failed to protect my seven-year-old daughter from a parent on her U8 team.

This parent verbally attacked my 7 y/o daughter while I was taking other players to the restroom during warm-ups before a game. My daughter took a bad touch on the ball and hit this parent. His reaction was full of rage and out of control. He scared the hell out of my child who faced this angry guy alone. It was witnessed by many people, including my coach, who did nothing. This parent was under the delusional impression that my 7 y/o was targeting him with the ball. He sent an email to our family that evening stating this and demanding an apology from her. We appealed to the club to do something to protect my daughter going forward. All parents sign agreements regarding parent behavior on the sidelines- can’t speak to the ref, yell negative comments, etc. How could our club possibly allow this parent to verbally attack a child on his own daughter’s team?

We sent all emails to Eagles and requested repeatedly that they do something to protect my daughter. This parent would routinely attend practices and stand with my coach during practice. He was also allowed to coach our team during several scrimmages and at a game. How could we continue to play on a team where my daughter felt intimidated and afraid. While we were still in talks with the Eagles about the best way to handle the situation, our coach announced to my daughters team that she had left the club.

Months later I heard about VT. In our experience, Eagles do what’s best for the ADULTS at Eagles-players are secondary. My seven-year-old daughter was certainly secondary. My intention here has been to make sure that the matter of VT abusing a 14 player did not get swept under the rug. I wanted parents to be reminded that there are dangerous adults out there who have access to our young athletes and to constantly be vigilant because the powers that be at their clubs are not always looking out for them. DM, what did I do to protect kids? I took mine and left. I refused to shut up about this issue despite attacks. There are clearly posters here who have much invested in the Eagles and are willing to overlook transgressions. It is exactly that attitude that allows dangerous people to operate without consequences within an organization. As for money owed, Eagles is in breach of contract and the courts will have the last word on that.

You can tell us if I'm wrong, Smellycleats, but it sounds like you were somehow involved in the Eagles in some capacity beyond just being a parent. And it sounds like you were aware of the rumors concerning the offending coach. So ....
  • Why did you allow your own daughter to stay on the team?
  • Why did you allow your own daughter to stay at the same hotel as the coach?
  • Why did you not inform other families of the "rumors?"
  • What did you do to protect your daughter and others?
Just sayin'. I have no connection with the Eagles whatsoever, and don't know a single person involved in the organization. But, smellycleats, it sounds like the Eagles fired the coach, notified all parents, and got counseling for any players who desired it. It doesn't sound like they need to "cover their ass" from a legal standpoint, as the events described took place some 10 years ago, and any limitations statute would already have expired.

Smellycleats, you seem to enjoy bashing the Eagles. But what have you done to make things better?

Why are several posters focused on attacking other posters about this type of issue rather than keeping the attention on the perpetrators? Clubs have poor club policies and climates that contribute to these opportunities for the predators. Whatever is the issue with SC and Eagles it doesn't change the situation of a now convicted child molester having had free reign at a youth soccer club for 20 years. Club DOC's and presidents can claim - "Oh my, I had no idea" but often times people ignore the signs and discount parent's concerns when something doesn't seem right. There are a few things that club admins can change in club soccer to help reduce risk of this and create a safer environment for the kids.

An awful lot of speculation on this thread from many who know nothing but innuendo and rumor and do nothing but add more inuendo, speculation and rumor.

A Camarillo youth soccer coach pleaded guilty Friday to molesting a former player between late 2007 to 2009, authorities said.

Vincent Thomas, 48, of Thousand Oaks, pleaded guilty to felony lewd act upon a 15-year-old and a related crime, said Senior Deputy District Attorney Tom Dunlevy.

He entered the change in plea Friday in Ventura County Superior Court before Judge Bruce Young as part of a plea agreement. Thomas initially pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The alleged "sexual relationship" was reported to authorities in June, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office.

Thomas began with some touching when the victim was 15, and the crime became more sexual when the victim was 16, Dunlevy said.

Thomas was arrested July 10 after being contacted by detectives. Based on their conversation with him, detectives believed they had enough information to arrest him, authorities said.

"He made certain admissions pertaining to the crime during the investigation," Dunlevy said.

Thomas' defense attorney, William Haney, declined to comment because the case is still pending in court.

The prosecutor said Thomas is expected to be sentenced to one year in custody, to be placed on five years of formal probation and will have to register as a sex offender. Dunlevy said he was glad Thomas "took responsibility" at an early stage, sparing the victim and her family from trial.

Thomas, who was 37 at the time of the first alleged offense, had been a youth soccer coach in Ventura County for about 20 years, sheriff's officials said.

At the time he was arrested, he was listed as a girl's soccer coach on the Camarillo Eagles Soccer Club and had been coaching locally since 1992. He coached three Eagles teams, according to the club website, the girls under-18 premier team, girls under-16 premier team and girls under-12 gold team.

But on Monday, he was not listed as a coach on the club's website.

Club President Kathleen Kelley said Thomas was suspended indefinitely after the arrest. He was officially terminated from the club when he was charged with the alleged sex crimes on July 12, Kelley said.
"His contract was terminated on the day he was charged. As soon as it was official then yes he was terminated..," Kelley said. "The Eagles have not had any communication with him whatsoever."

A search warrant was also served at Thomas' home the day he was arrested but no evidence was found. And no other possible victims have come forward, Dunlevy said.

"I think it was, from what I understand, an isolated incident from one person," Kelley said.

Once word spread about the arrest, parents of players in the program were initially in shock but Kelley said she mostly received calls of support for Thomas.

Still, the club decided to have a therapist come in to offer support for whoever needed it. Only one person showed up, Kelley said.
"It was actually really good for the one person because they had a close player-coach relationship," the club president said.

The league started up in September and it has since been business as usual, Kelley said. She hopes that the victim has some kind of closure.

"I just hope that the victim is OK and that she is now able to move on with her life... No family should have to go through this. As a mother, I get it. It's bad," Kelley said.

Thomas is scheduled to be sentenced at 9 a.m. April 3 in Courtroom 12.
http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...ach-pleads-guilty-molesting-player/374022002/

My intention here has been to make sure that the matter of VT abusing a 14 player did not get swept under the rug. I wanted parents to be reminded that there are dangerous adults out there who have access to our young athletes and to constantly be vigilant because the powers that be at their clubs are not always looking out for them. DM, what did I do to protect kids? I took mine and left. I refused to shut up about this issue despite attacks. There are clearly posters here who have much invested in the Eagles and are willing to overlook transgressions.

OK. You had a beef with the Eagles over some parent getting hit with a ball. I agree that any parent who complains about being hit with a soccer ball by an 8-year-old girl is an idiot. The Eagles did not resolve the beef, and you left.

Now, let's be honest. I've read your posts, and while you can argue that you are trying to make sure that the incident between the coach and the 14-year old girl doesn't "get swept under the rug," that purpose is clearly secondary. Your posts have none of the indicia of being "public service announcements." Instead, the name-calling and incendiary language are obviously designed to berate, shame and humiliate the club and the Kellys. Your claim that you are trying to "protect kids" with these posts is bullshit.

All you really want to do is to validate your own beef with another parent. The Eagles apparently did not take your side, so you want to punish the Eagles on a public forum because they did not view your problem in the same way you did.

As far as "protecting children" by leaving the team because of your beef with another parent, that is an utter and complete cop-out. You did not "protect" any child - not one - from the thing we are talking about here; namely, sexual predators. Not even, in fact, your own daughter. According to your own posts, you left your daughter in danger. You say that you knew of "rumors" about the offending coach, but you did not leave the Eagles to protect her about a rumored sexual predator - that apparently did not concern you. You left because the Eagles did not take your side in a beef with another parent.

Why are several posters focused on attacking other posters about this type of issue rather than keeping the attention on the perpetrators? Clubs have poor club policies and climates that contribute to these opportunities for the predators. Whatever is the issue with SC and Eagles it doesn't change the situation of a now convicted child molester having had free reign at a youth soccer club for 20 years. Club DOC's and presidents can claim - "Oh my, I had no idea" but often times people ignore the signs and discount parent's concerns when something doesn't seem right. There are a few things that club admins can change in club soccer to help reduce risk of this and create a safer environment for the kids.

The poster in question, smellycleats, deserves to be called out. He or she has used this forum as a way of relitigating an old grievance with the Eagles - a grievance unrelated to any sexual misconduct by any person associated with the Eagles. Her commentary takes away the focus on the things that really are important: that the offender be prosecuted and afforded due process, that the victim receive justice from the Courts, and that all clubs and parents take steps to protect their children.

If smellycleats had focused on those points, instead of using a tragedy to validate her own unrelated problem with the club, everyone would be better off.

One of the problems is the club's attitude that comes through. In the initial newspaper article the president said "there aren't any new internal procedures on the club's part that are expected to be implemented in light of the allegations...".this is definitely a time when new procedures and policies need to be put in place. She also made a point to state what a close friend he is. Right now it sounds like they are trying to cover themselves from liability in this.
What new internal procedures do you recommend?

The poster in question, smellycleats, deserves to be called out. He or she has used this forum as a way of relitigating an old grievancEagles - a grievance unrelated to any sexual misconduct by any person associated with the Eagles. Her commentary takes away the focus on the things that really are important: that the offender be prosecuted and afforded due process, that the victim receive justice from the Courts, and that all clubs and parents take steps to protect their children.

If smellycleats had focused on those points, instead of using a tragedy to validate her own unrelated problem with the club, everyone would be better off.
I’ve been a part of this form for several years. I’ve never told this story. I only did so today because I was personally attacked. Regardless of how you characterize this, I stand by what I said. While you focus on the rationale for protecting adults in this situation I’m focused on kids.

I’ve been a part of this form for several years. I’ve never told this story. I only did so today because I was personally attacked. Regardless of how you characterize this, I stand by what I said. While you focus on the rationale for protecting adults in this situation I’m focused on kids.
Horseshit!

I don't believe you are focused on kids. I don't believe you are trying to make any child safe. I don't believe you are trying to help make things better.

Smellycleats, you are not helping the victim in this case; you are using her tragedy as a tool to settle an old score with the Eagles. Her loss is your convenience.

I don't believe you are focused on kids. I don't believe you are trying to make any child safe. I don't believe you are trying to help make things better.

Smellycleats, you are not helping the victim in this case; you are using her tragedy as a tool to settle an old score with the Eagles. Her loss is your convenience.
OK Daniel Miller. We can agree to disagree

Socalsoccercoach you’re working really hard to discredit me. I never said VT was my daughter’s primary soccer coach. Yes he did fill-in and travel with our team to a tournament and stay in the same hotel that we did and that makes my skin crawl.

For those of you who are interested, my issue with this club began when my coach and club administrators failed to protect my seven-year-old daughter from a parent on her U8 team.

This parent verbally attacked my 7 y/o daughter while I was taking other players to the restroom during warm-ups before a game. My daughter took a bad touch on the ball and hit this parent. His reaction was full of rage and out of control. He scared the hell out of my child who faced this angry guy alone. It was witnessed by many people, including my coach, who did nothing. This parent was under the delusional impression that my 7 y/o was targeting him with the ball. He sent an email to our family that evening stating this and demanding an apology from her. We appealed to the club to do something to protect my daughter going forward. All parents sign agreements regarding parent behavior on the sidelines- can’t speak to the ref, yell negative comments, etc. How could our club possibly allow this parent to verbally attack a child on his own daughter’s team?

We sent all emails to Eagles and requested repeatedly that they do something to protect my daughter. This parent would routinely attend practices and stand with my coach during practice. He was also allowed to coach our team during several scrimmages and at a game. How could we continue to play on a team where my daughter felt intimidated and afraid. While we were still in talks with the Eagles about the best way to handle the situation, our coach announced to my daughters team that she had left the club.

Months later I heard about VT. In our experience, Eagles do what’s best for the ADULTS at Eagles-players are secondary. My seven-year-old daughter was certainly secondary. My intention here has been to make sure that the matter of VT abusing a 14 player did not get swept under the rug. I wanted parents to be reminded that there are dangerous adults out there who have access to our young athletes and to constantly be vigilant because the powers that be at their clubs are not always looking out for them. DM, what did I do to protect kids? I took mine and left. I refused to shut up about this issue despite attacks. There are clearly posters here who have much invested in the Eagles and are willing to overlook transgressions. It is exactly that attitude that allows dangerous people to operate without consequences within an organization. As for money owed, Eagles is in breach of contract and the courts will have the last word on that.
So you are charging them with fraud (hope there wasn't a signed contract involved) and they have the ability to charge you with theft (cashed a check that didn't belong to you??)...sounds like a good one for Judge Judy.

What new internal procedures do you recommend?

1. Coaches are not allowed to individually text a player
2. Communication between players and coaches are conducted at practice, games or official team activities only. Any other communication is communicated by the team captain to the players.
3. Coaches stay at a different hotel than the team and no parent or player is to visit the coach at his or her hotel for any reason.
4. Coaches do not travel in a car with any players unless parent or team manager is also there.
5. No private dinners between some players and coaches - only team events
6. Coaches are not to ask personal questions of players - these coaches are not the players' therapist and should stick to coaching not trying to conduct family therapy or personal counseling.
7. Coaches are to refrain from any use of alcohol or drugs at any team event and risk immediate termination if this rule is broken.
8. Clubs establish an advocacy committee made up of parent and club representatives where grievances can be taken for legitimate evaluation and mediation (this can be a complaint about coach or parent) . If it is unresolved then there is a larger advocacy group outside of the club from a consortium of other clubs so it is taken out of the private backroom of the club where coaches and club DOC's collude and blackball or bash parents.
9. A 360 evaluation of coaches required and considered with respect for the parent's feedback and raises are based in part on customer satisfaction.
10. The club climate is changed so the coaches and club admin remember that the parents are the customer and partner in the situation with minor children.
11. Mandated training on child development, adolescent psychology, ethics and boundaries, sexual harassment and misconduct, relevant criminal laws and legal consequences if commit any of those crimes

That's a few ideas to start......

1. Coaches are not allowed to individually text a player. OK

2. Communication between players and coaches are conducted at practice, games or official team activities only. Any other communication is communicated by the team captain to the players. NEEDS WORK. A TEAM CAPTAIN IS A "PLAYER," SO SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS EITHER. COMMUNICATION SHOULD ALWAYS BE ALLOWED IF A PARENT IS PRESENT.

3. Coaches stay at a different hotel than the team and no parent or player is to visit the coach at his or her hotel for any reason. OK IN CONCEPT. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY A "PARENT" IS PROHIBITED FROM VISITING A COACH.

4. Coaches do not travel in a car with any players unless parent or team manager is also there. OK. ALSO OK IF PARENT IS THERE.

5. No private dinners between some players and coaches - only team events. OK. BUT SHOULD E OK IF A PARENT IS PRESENT.

6. Coaches are not to ask personal questions of players - these coaches are not the players' therapist and should stick to coaching not trying to conduct family therapy or personal counseling. HMM. THAT MIGHT BE A BIT MUCH, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU MEAN BY "PERSONAL."

7. Coaches are to refrain from any use of alcohol or drugs at any team event and risk immediate termination if this rule is broken. IN GENERAL, YES, BUT DO YOU MEAN HAVING A BEER AT A TEAM PARTY WHERE OTHER PARENTS ARE DRINKING BEER?

8. Clubs establish an advocacy committee made up of parent and club representatives where grievances can be taken for legitimate evaluation and mediation (this can be a complaint about coach or parent) . If it is unresolved then there is a larger advocacy group outside of the club from a consortium of other clubs so it is taken out of the private backroom of the club where coaches and club DOC's collude and blackball or bash parents. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS.

9. A 360 evaluation of coaches required and considered with respect for the parent's feedback and raises are based in part on customer satisfaction. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS.

10. The club climate is changed so the coaches and club admin remember that the parents are the customer and partner in the situation with minor children. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS.

11. Mandated training on child development, adolescent psychology, ethics and boundaries, sexual harassment and misconduct, relevant criminal laws and legal consequences if commit any of those crimes. A COURSE ON CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOLOGY? I THOUGHT COACHES WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE "THERAPISTS." (SEE #6 ABOVE) IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO KNOW ALL THAT STUFF IN A GENERAL SENSE, BUT WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE COURSES, HOW MANY COACHES WILL YOU LOSE BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE COURSES, AND HOW WILL YOU REPLACE THEM? YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE TO COACH CLUB SOCCER, AND YOU SHOULDN'T MAKE THE BAR SO HIGH THAT PEOPLE WON'T WANT TO COACH.

2. Communication between players and coaches are conducted at practice, games or official team activities only. Any other communication is communicated by the team captain to the players. NEEDS WORK. A TEAM CAPTAIN IS A "PLAYER," SO SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS EITHER. COMMUNICATION SHOULD ALWAYS BE ALLOWED IF A PARENT IS PRESENT.

3. Coaches stay at a different hotel than the team and no parent or player is to visit the coach at his or her hotel for any reason. OK IN CONCEPT. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY A "PARENT" IS PROHIBITED FROM VISITING A COACH.

4. Coaches do not travel in a car with any players unless parent or team manager is also there. OK. ALSO OK IF PARENT IS THERE.

5. No private dinners between some players and coaches - only team events. OK. BUT SHOULD E OK IF A PARENT IS PRESENT.

6. Coaches are not to ask personal questions of players - these coaches are not the players' therapist and should stick to coaching not trying to conduct family therapy or personal counseling. HMM. THAT MIGHT BE A BIT MUCH, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU MEAN BY "PERSONAL."

7. Coaches are to refrain from any use of alcohol or drugs at any team event and risk immediate termination if this rule is broken. IN GENERAL, YES, BUT DO YOU MEAN HAVING A BEER AT A TEAM PARTY WHERE OTHER PARENTS ARE DRINKING BEER?

8. Clubs establish an advocacy committee made up of parent and club representatives where grievances can be taken for legitimate evaluation and mediation (this can be a complaint about coach or parent) . If it is unresolved then there is a larger advocacy group outside of the club from a consortium of other clubs so it is taken out of the private backroom of the club where coaches and club DOC's collude and blackball or bash parents. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS.

9. A 360 evaluation of coaches required and considered with respect for the parent's feedback and raises are based in part on customer satisfaction. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS.

10. The club climate is changed so the coaches and club admin remember that the parents are the customer and partner in the situation with minor children. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS.

11. Mandated training on child development, adolescent psychology, ethics and boundaries, sexual harassment and misconduct, relevant criminal laws and legal consequences if commit any of those crimes. A COURSE ON CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOLOGY? I THOUGHT COACHES WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE "THERAPISTS." (SEE #6 ABOVE) IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO KNOW ALL THAT STUFF IN A GENERAL SENSE, BUT WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE COURSES, HOW MANY COACHES WILL YOU LOSE BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE COURSES, AND HOW WILL YOU REPLACE THEM? YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE TO COACH CLUB SOCCER, AND YOU SHOULDN'T MAKE THE BAR SO HIGH THAT PEOPLE WON'T WANT TO COACH.
They should have a zero tolerance policy on texting/emails. Violate the rule once and you are gone. Don't report someone violating the rule and you are also gone. That way there is no gray area on what is an innocent mistake.

1. Coaches are not allowed to individually text a player
2. Communication between players and coaches are conducted at practice, games or official team activities only. Any other communication is communicated by the team captain to the players.
3. Coaches stay at a different hotel than the team and no parent or player is to visit the coach at his or her hotel for any reason.
4. Coaches do not travel in a car with any players unless parent or team manager is also there.
5. No private dinners between some players and coaches - only team events
6. Coaches are not to ask personal questions of players - these coaches are not the players' therapist and should stick to coaching not trying to conduct family therapy or personal counseling.
7. Coaches are to refrain from any use of alcohol or drugs at any team event and risk immediate termination if this rule is broken.
8. Clubs establish an advocacy committee made up of parent and club representatives where grievances can be taken for legitimate evaluation and mediation (this can be a complaint about coach or parent) . If it is unresolved then there is a larger advocacy group outside of the club from a consortium of other clubs so it is taken out of the private backroom of the club where coaches and club DOC's collude and blackball or bash parents.
9. A 360 evaluation of coaches required and considered with respect for the parent's feedback and raises are based in part on customer satisfaction.
10. The club climate is changed so the coaches and club admin remember that the parents are the customer and partner in the situation with minor children.
11. Mandated training on child development, adolescent psychology, ethics and boundaries, sexual harassment and misconduct, relevant criminal laws and legal consequences if commit any of those crimes

That's a few ideas to start......

Sounds like "club soccer" isn't for you....perhaps you should find another interest.

Hmmm, didn't know that club soccer was about encouraging adult coaches to have private access to minors which could create opportunities for those that are predators to commit sexual crimes against their players. Maybe you're right, that's not for me if that's what you think "club soccer" is.

2. Communication between players and coaches are conducted at practice, games or official team activities only. Any other communication is communicated by the team captain to the players. NEEDS WORK. A TEAM CAPTAIN IS A "PLAYER," SO SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS EITHER. COMMUNICATION SHOULD ALWAYS BE ALLOWED IF A PARENT IS PRESENT. Agree

3. Coaches stay at a different hotel than the team and no parent or player is to visit the coach at his or her hotel for any reason. OK IN CONCEPT. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY A "PARENT" IS PROHIBITED FROM VISITING A COACH. why would a parent need to visit the coach at his or her hotel?

6. Coaches are not to ask personal questions of players - these coaches are not the players' therapist and should stick to coaching not trying to conduct family therapy or personal counseling. HMM. THAT MIGHT BE A BIT MUCH, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU MEAN BY "PERSONAL." "personal": questions about their relationships with their boyfriends, questions about sex, questions about family issues that are better explored by a professional therapist,

7. Coaches are to refrain from any use of alcohol or drugs at any team event and risk immediate termination if this rule is broken. IN GENERAL, YES, BUT DO YOU MEAN HAVING A BEER AT A TEAM PARTY WHERE OTHER PARENTS ARE DRINKING BEER? So how much alcohol would be ok? Would it be ok for the coach to get drunk at the team party if other parents are also wasted? I don't know how you have a guideline about it, either you can drink alcohol or not so not sure how that would work. Maybe other parents aren't concerned about this.

8. Clubs establish an advocacy committee made up of parent and club representatives where grievances can be taken for legitimate evaluation and mediation (this can be a complaint about coach or parent) . If it is unresolved then there is a larger advocacy group outside of the club from a consortium of other clubs so it is taken out of the private backroom of the club where coaches and club DOC's collude and blackball or bash parents. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS. It sets the tone that parents have an avenue to bring up concerns and limits potential predators actions/freedom.

9. A 360 evaluation of coaches required and considered with respect for the parent's feedback and raises are based in part on customer satisfaction. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS. It creates a structure that coaches are accountable to parents and the club so it reduces the isolation which can contribute to predators behaviors.

10. The club climate is changed so the coaches and club admin remember that the parents are the customer and partner in the situation with minor children. MIGHT BE A GOOD POLICY IN GENERAL, BUT IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST SEXUAL PREDATORS. It ends the behavior of excluding parents which opens up the door for predators to prey on vulnerable players

Brief online class which covers the basics - would not be expensive or much time requirement. Is there such a shortage of coaches that want these coaching positions?

Back