Vaccine

Just have high risk businesses require vaccine cards. No card? No indoor table.

Your restaurant insists on operating in a manner which spreads disease? No public health license for you.
How about crossing the border into the US? Shouldn’t we be asking for ANYONE coming into the US to show proof of Vaccination?

How about crossing the border into the US? Shouldn’t we be asking for ANYONE coming into the US to show proof of Vaccination?
Yes. And for plane flights or any long distance travel in a shared airspace.

I already have to show my driver’s license at the airport and my passport at customs. It’s not a big deal to ask me for a vaccine card at the same time.

As of now, all Mexican Nationals that I know have not been able to cross the border for over one year. I just heard from parents yesterday at practice that kids will not be returning to school in the fall because of vaccine shortages. Lots of people in TJ are vaccinated, but not so many in rural areas and places far from the US border.

Most of the people crossing the border now are vaccinated Mexican-Americans for work. I crossed last Saturday in a standard lane in about 30 minutes-it would normally take 3 hours.

As of now, all Mexican Nationals that I know have not been able to cross the border for over one year. I just heard from parents yesterday at practice that kids will not be returning to school in the fall because of vaccine shortages. Lots of people in TJ are vaccinated, but not so many in rural areas and places far from the US border.

Most of the people crossing the border now are vaccinated Mexican-Americans for work. I crossed last Saturday in a standard lane in about 30 minutes-it would normally take 3 hours.

There are still travel bans in place including IIRC against the UK where their citizens can't get in to the US. I could be entirely wrong about this but I don't think Mexico is on the ban (some quick research didn't show it on the list, but I don't really care enough to do a deep dive)....I think they are prohibited by the loose shut downs of the northern and southern borders Though, stupidly, if you cross illegally, the same prohibition doesn't seem to apply, even if you test COVID positive (I'm not into the weeds on the details here, but I recall there being a few news stories in Texas about COVID positive people being released by the migra in the last couple of weeks). More stupidly, US citizens can go to some of the banned countries and then return (my son's favorite bloggers Tara and Neil are on some holiday in Italy, for example).

Not sure why the US isn’t helping Mexico in this regard, but stories like the following are cropping up more and more:

I bet if "we" announced that "anyone crossing the border from mexico will be given a free covid vaccine" - that plenty of American's that aren't currently vaccinated would protest. they'd probably get the vaccine just to keep it from "those mexicans."

Last edited:
Not sure why the US isn’t helping Mexico in this regard, but stories like the following are cropping up more and more:

This seems like propaganda to me. There has been lots of reform at the border over the past year. I have personally been in contact with the San Diego port director and Sally Carrillo. Texas has made similar changes.

I think they’ve placed barriers and lookouts further into Mexico so “runners” are apprehended on Mexican soil. Refugee camps in TJ are full. Now, there’s more than enough space in Federal facilities for those caught crossings illegally with coyotes.

Maybe, the agency is looking for more funding.

This seems like propaganda to me. There has been lots of reform at the border over the past year. I have personally been in contact with the San Diego port director and Sally Carrillo. Texas has made similar changes.

I think they’ve placed barriers and lookouts further into Mexico so “runners” are apprehended on Mexican soil. Refugee camps in TJ are full. Now, there’s more than enough space in Federal facilities for those caught crossings illegally with coyotes.

There is an awful being reported on this situation….but as we know media = propaganda

Why do you think this is propaganda (honest question). Current status of our border is pretty leaky, with Texas in particular having gaping holes. Federal assets barely have the resources to track/transport folks coming across the border.

If in fact we are scared back into masks and our homes, why wouldn't it be a priority to prevent infection from those coming across illegally.

Why do you think this is propaganda (honest question). Current status of our border is pretty leaky, with Texas in particular having gaping holes. Federal assets barely have the resources to track/transport folks coming across the border.

If in fact we are scared back into masks and our homes, why wouldn't it be a priority to prevent infection from those coming across illegally.
I don’t think many Mexicans want to live in the US because many have a better quality of life. It’s been my observation that in the US we live to work but in Mexico folks work to live and family is more important. When I go to Mexican birthday parties, the fellas love to make jokes about how everything is precisely timed at an American party and our kids are shooting up schools and public places because of the pressure. I think Mexican illegal immigration into the US is fairly low too.

Mexico is also very strict on their southern borders towards Central and South Americans so there aren’t huge caravans of migrants roaming through Mexico trying to get to the US border as is often reported.

Organized crime and the few that can afford coyotes are a different story.

I don’t think many Mexicans want to live in the US because many have a better quality of life. It’s been my observation that in the US we live to work but in Mexico folks work to live and family is more important. When I go to Mexican birthday parties, the fellas love to make jokes about how everything is precisely timed at an American party and our kids are shooting up schools and public places because of the pressure. I think Mexican illegal immigration into the US is fairly low too.

Mexico is also very strict on their southern borders towards Central and South Americans so there aren’t huge caravans of migrants roaming through Mexico trying to get to the US border as is often reported.

Organized crime and the few that can afford coyotes are a different story.
Really? I guess we know two different mexicos...maybe 3. The number and reports from TX are lies? Interesting. I mean, it is the federal government, lying is not out of the question.

Really? I guess we know two different mexicos...maybe 3. The number and reports from TX are lies? Interesting. I mean, it is the federal government, lying is not out of the question.
Not saying anyone is lying. I’m sure there’s been a case or two of migrants having Covid but I don’t think it’s widespread.

I felt like article was anti immigration fear mongering because the author doesn’t like our immigration laws and the current policy of releasing migrants into Texas.

Not saying anyone is lying. I’m sure there’s been a case or two of migrants having Covid but I don’t think it’s widespread.

I felt like article was anti immigration fear mongering because the author doesn’t like our immigration laws and the current policy of releasing migrants into Texas.
You don't think there could be an agency that got overwhelmed and was looking for a way to unload the problem before reporters showed up at overcrowded holding centers?

Immigrants, like any other travellers, probably have covid at somewhat above the level of the general population in the source and transit countries.

Same phenomenon as wealthy New Yorkers bringing covid to Aspen last March.

Don't doubt that - hard to find a journalist today that reports just facts. Truth is somewhere in the middle. We'll never know. Illegals coming across the border aren't going to be tested nor will they be given a vaccine or asked for proof -(which would be a waste of time). Yet we will require proof of vaccine for legal entry into our country. Logic doesn't jive, but that's the world we live in given the temperature of the country,

McConnell says 'it never occurred' to him that convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult..............

This is going to get very interesting. I'm starting to hear the word "force" people to get the jab or else. Their past trying to be cute and nice. No shopping for food, no entertainment, no school, no job and no service. I guess the world has become one big NO! I won;t listen to the politicians who lie for a living. This is experimental at best, not approved and a lot worse if what I know is really going on is true. I hope my pals who got the jab and have been cool with me won;t start turning on me or worse, try and "butter" me up for the jab. The smooth talk of a salesman won;t work with me this time. I need FACTs!!! I see them on videos from real Docs and it's gnarly you guys.

McConnell says 'it never occurred' to him that convincing Americans to get vaccinated would be difficult..............

This is going to get very interesting. I'm starting to hear the word "force" people to get the jab or else. Their past trying to be cute and nice. No shopping for food, no entertainment, no school, no job and no service. I guess the world has become one big NO! I won;t listen to the politicians who lie for a living. This is experimental at best, not approved and a lot worse if what I know is really going on is true. I hope my pals who got the jab and have been cool with me won;t start turning on me or worse, try and "butter" me up for the jab. The smooth talk of a salesman won;t work with me this time. I need FACTs!!! I see them on videos from real Docs and it's gnarly you guys.
For facts, Mayo clinic has a decent page.

Not really experimental at this point. About 2 billion people have been vaccinated so far. If there were a risk, they would have seen it by now.

Back