Vaccine

To doubt a scientist is not to doubt science. Quite the contrary, personal authority is precisely what science dispenses with, as much as possible. Dr. Fauci’s assertion of authority creates skepticism about all his assertions—legitimately, because the distinction between science and a particular scientist is essential. To be sure, nonscientists often have to trust scientists to inform them what the science has discovered. But that is all the more reason that scientists bear the responsibility of not letting political or other nonscientific criteria affect their explication.--Gary Morson

Why don't you start and show us what an objective conversation of vaccines looks like.

That would require him to concede that all of the Herman Cain Award winners are actually telling (I mean told) everyone in their Facebook feeds exactly what dumbfuckery is (I mean was) directly responsible for their deaths. It would require that he concede that false and misleading "stats" that FL is doing great - like the bs lie that only 17 people a day were dying in FL due to Covid - are actually demonstrably provable lies. It is crazy the dumbfuck what-happened is claiming that I won't have an honest conversation with facts when the reality is that I've actually attached the FL death rate graph every time it has been updated and explained exactly why the original graph was false and misleading. L

It is because he has no desire to have an honest conversation. He just wants to hear more bs about how masks and vaccines don't do anything, how Covid is just a big hoax and everyone is really dying in motorcycle accidents. He definitely doesn't want to look at how stupid, sad and pathetic all his and his buddies' anti-mask/vax bs looks in the FB feed of a dumbfuck who died for no reason other than he believed it. He doesn't want to accept that his buddy bruddah iznoramus was lying with his 17 deaths per day in FL nonsense. Like his easily manipulated friend, he must completely disassociate himself from facts and reality. For him, "facts" are now whatever it takes, regardless of how crazy, to support his denial that his beliefs are false and getting people killed.

That would require him to concede that all of the Herman Cain Award winners are actually telling (I mean told) everyone in their Facebook feeds exactly what dumbfuckery is (I mean was) directly responsible for their deaths. It would require that he concede that false and misleading "stats" that FL is doing great - like the bs lie that only 17 people a day were dying in FL due to Covid - are actually demonstrably provable lies. It is crazy the dumbfuck what-happened is claiming that I won't have an honest conversation with facts when the reality is that I've actually attached the FL death rate graph every time it has been updated and explained exactly why the original graph was false and misleading. L

It is because he has no desire to have an honest conversation. He just wants to hear more bs about how masks and vaccines don't do anything, how Covid is just a big hoax and everyone is really dying in motorcycle accidents. He definitely doesn't want to look at how stupid, sad and pathetic all his and his buddies' anti-mask/vax bs looks in the FB feed of a dumbfuck who died for no reason other than he believed it. He doesn't want to accept that his buddy bruddah iznoramus was lying with his 17 deaths per day in FL nonsense. Like his easily manipulated friend, he must completely disassociate himself from facts and reality. For him, "facts" are now whatever it takes, regardless of how crazy, to support his denial that his beliefs are false and getting people killed.
Blah, Blah, Blah

You are pretty stuck on this florida thing. What makes you think I'm even concerned about graphs posted on a youth soccer forum. You should read the book "Don't get stuck on stupid". Quite enlightening and will make you feel better.

Most of your post is babbling nonsense. Point out what I'm denying? how my beliefs are false and how they are killing people (which is actually quite ironic). Please leave out Obama, the wall and your orange boogery man. Keep it coherent. I'm looking forward to it.

Eh Lamont you should actually post something that supports the point you hope to make. See that diamond and the line that it follows. "You big dummy"--Sanford Btw it is 10/13/today. Happy Birthday to the United States Navy!!

How false do you think your assertion that the FL death rate as of 10/2 was 17 a day will end up being? I mean, we're fast approaching a factor of 10, but how much beyond that? How not steep do you think it will end up being? How big a lie did you tell?

You wanted to talk about how great FL was doing so much that you posted a graph that you knew was misleading. I've posted the same graph every time it gets updated to make sure even dumbshits like you understand that you're being duped. So now you want to talk about the US Navy's birthday. Figures.

You are pretty stuck on this florida thing. What makes you think I'm even concerned about graphs posted on a youth soccer forum. You should read the book "Don't get stuck on stupid". Quite enlightening and will make you feel better.

Most of your post is babbling nonsense. Point out what I'm denying? how my beliefs are false and how they are killing people (which is actually quite ironic). Please leave out Obama, the wall and your orange boogery man. Keep it coherent. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not stuck on anything. I can see how you wouldn't want to continue discussing something that was so demonstrably false and contradicts your anti-mask/vax narrative, however. It must be incredibly embarrassing to believe that FL is doing so great only to find out that the information you rely on for that conclusion is unquestionably fraudulent. How many people a day do you think were really dying of Covid in FL every day? 200? 300? Or just motorcycle accidents? How bad do you think it is going to look when all is said and done? How much worse will FL look compared to even NY, especially since FL has no excuse given that most of its deaths could have been easily avoided by getting vaccinated, and FL had 18 months that NY did not have to learn how to treat those with it, as well as the efficacy of wearing masks. Seriously, we are 18 months in and both you and FL seem to think no one ever dies of Covid, but stock up on horse paste just in case, because someone said on Facebook that it is the best way to save lives of those who are dying from Covid, assuming they are, which they aren't.

… is from page 393 of George Will’s 2021 book, American Happiness and Discontents: The Unruly Torrent, 2008-2020 – a collection of many of Will’s columns over these years; (the column from which the quotation below is drawn originally appeared in the Washington Post on July 11th, 2020):

Unknown-4-1.jpeg

Fascism was entertainment built around rallies – e.g., those at Nuremberg – where crowds were played as passive instruments. Success manipulating the masses fed fascist leaders’ disdain for the led.

DBx: Today, of course, rallies can be virtual, and crowds can assemble on-line.

Hey Watfly, is this guy tending to report facts?

I'll bite - can we agree that the protection offered by the vaccines against sars-cov-2 isn't playing out as advertised? Don't you remember the 4th of July pipe dream being peddled by the federal government. If you can't agree or see that this is the case, then you are in no position to have an objective conversation.

I am vaxxed and have had a breakthrough infection. I'm one those with super duper hybrid immunity. I'm pro vaccine for the populations that need it.

Notice how the narrative changed after it became apparent that the vaccines waned in such a short period of time and a booster was the answer? We went from providing protection from the virus to championing protection from hospitalization and death. Quite a change of direction. Another interesting note, follow vaccine stock pricing and fluctuations. Wall street likes nothing better than failing vaccines. Not a lot of money to be made in vaccines that work. Plenty of money to be made on vaccines that require therapeutic boosters. Check out stock price for Merck these days. Therapeutics is where you make the money.

Bottom line is the sars-cov-2 vaccines do not work as advertised. Check out the data from Israel and the UK. They have the best data to make conclusions from. With that said, the rate of speed that these vaccines were developed was truly amazing. It's not a panacea and it's certainly a tool to be used in the management of the disease.

That's not very objective. "as advertised...pipe dream...quite a change of direction...Wall Street...as advertised" etc

Ouch, right winger on right winger violence. So Watfly, how do you feel that a couple days after you claim that the right wing dumbfucks here are hte only ones who "tend to" report facts, one of them is raking you over the coals for disputing "facts" from a conspiracy theory website that can't even spell right? And also mocks two of the most legitimate news organizations in the U.S.? Or have you joined your nutter friends and similarly take the position that "facts" are whatever you want them to be so long as they come from anywhere besides reputable sources?

Here are some Herman Cain Award winners who seem to share, I mean seemed to share, you and your buddy's hatred of facts and appropriate places to find information.

...they're Fake News.

That is for sure. Those orgs peddled the Russian collusion story for 3 or so years. Then of course stopped peddling that when it turns out there was no collusion.

The Times however still has not returned their Pulitzer prize they won. You would think that would be auto rescinded since as it turns out the stories got it wrong.

But that is just me.
...and me.

That's not very objective. "as advertised...pipe dream...quite a change of direction...Wall Street...as advertised" etc
How is that not objective? Wasn't 4th of July the prize for vaccination? Wasn't the vaccine presented as providing immunity? And if you don't think there's a connection between wall street and big pharma, then you can't possibly have an objective discussion.

Anyway, I figured you wouldn't provide anything of substance. You are still on that ideological island of yours. At least you are vaccinated, which is not a bad thing, maybe even eligible for a therapeutic disguised as a booster for a half hearted vaccine that kinda works but not really but is the best that can be done for what it's trying to combat against.

How is that not objective? Wasn't 4th of July the prize for vaccination? Wasn't the vaccine presented as providing immunity? And if you don't think there's a connection between wall street and big pharma, then you can't possibly have an objective discussion.

Anyway, I figured you wouldn't provide anything of substance. You are still on that ideological island of yours. At least you are vaccinated, which is not a bad thing, maybe even eligible for a therapeutic disguised as a booster for a half hearted vaccine that kinda works but not really but is the best that can be done for what it's trying to combat against.

You must have gone to Grace's school of strawman costruction.

“By Easter, we’ll fill all those beautiful churches”

You must have gone to Grace's school of strawman costruction.
well, there goes the idea that you could contribute to this discussion beyond cutting and pasting. Excellent job at ducking the topic. I'm starting to believe that you have no idea what a strawman argument even is.

Let's get your opnion another way. Simple yes or no. My answers are in parenthesis:

1. Do the sars-cov-2 vaccines wane? (Y)
2. Do the sars-cov-2 vaccine prevent infection? (N)
3. Should you vaccinate humans that are at low risk for a disease?(N)
4. Should sars-cov-2 vaccines be utilized as a tool to manage the disease? (Y)
5. Is Ronaldo better than Messi?(N)
6. Do you think @Hüsker Dü can provide value add to any conversation without insulting someone? (N)

Back