Vaccine

Are you vaccinated and do you believe masks reduce spread, or are you one of the typical anti-vax/mask right wing dumbfucks who hang out here (and all Herman Cain Award winners)?
Fully vaccinated, masked up, and waiting on our boosters over here.

And the grand prize for base rate errors goes to.....

Met61. Congratulations, Met61.

I think you'll find that Taiwanese deaths after polio vaccination also exceed Taiwanese deaths after contracting polio. Bonus points if you can figure out why.
...old or new definition of vaccination?

Interesting, but I'm a little skeptical of this website. Here is one of their disclaimers.

• The information on this website is believed to be complete, true, accurate or not misleading, but NO GUARANTEE OF ACCURARY.

That's probably a standard disclosure but I find it hilarious that they misspelled Accuracy.
Right!...best to stick with NYT & WaPo for "guarantee of accuracy." Brilliant!

I got the unscientific part, but the article was void of any traceable fact. How many of the Amish community in question were vaccinated against covid (vaccination acceptance varies from one Amish community and family to another)? How many died from covid? The article contradicts itself about whether the Amish practiced any mask usage. What is the basis for the statement that "We all got coronavirus"?

I have been interested for years on the interface between Amish practices and modern technology since I have Amish inlaws (or, more properly, former-Amish inlaws, who still have Amish relatives). They don't wire their houses with electricity, but they accept it in their shops and stores (such as gift shops catering to "English" tourists). They tolerate solar panels and diesel generators to run electric farm equipment. They won't have a telephone in the house, but they arrange for a payphone on a nearby roadside. They won't buy health insurance per se, but they kick in to pay for medical care for members as needed. They tax themselves to support modern local ambulance services (for which they have to hire non-Amish drivers), modern health clinics, and hospitals.

The article seems to have been written by someone ignorant of all that background, who was paid by the word, and had a deadline to meet.
I wonder how many stories would remain in news organizations' posts if they couldn't be a story/anecdote (synonyms BTW), the writer had to be an expert in the field and they didn't have a deadline to meet? Once we whittle it down to those stories that qualify, how many would remain if a balanced perspective was required?

I wonder how many stories would remain in news organizations' posts if they couldn't be a story/anecdote (synonyms BTW), the writer had to be an expert in the field and they didn't have a deadline to meet? Once we whittle it down to those stories that qualify, how many would remain if a balanced perspective was required?

That would depend on the news organization's commitment to honest journalistic principles.

Are you vaccinated and do you believe masks reduce spread, or are you one of the typical anti-vax/mask right wing dumbfucks who hang out here (and all Herman Cain Award winners)?
Tell me what you know about vaccines? I bet you can't have an objective conversation. The likely response will be laced with insults not related to anything of substance or on topic.

Let's not get carried away now! ;)
That is for sure. Those orgs peddled the Russian collusion story for 3 or so years. Then of course stopped peddling that when it turns out there was no collusion.

The Times however still has not returned their Pulitzer prize they won. You would think that would be auto rescinded since as it turns out the stories got it wrong.

But that is just me.

Right!...best to stick with NYT & WaPo for "guarantee of accuracy." Brilliant!

Ouch, right winger on right winger violence. So Watfly, how do you feel that a couple days after you claim that the right wing dumbfucks here are hte only ones who "tend to" report facts, one of them is raking you over the coals for disputing "facts" from a conspiracy theory website that can't even spell right? And also mocks two of the most legitimate news organizations in the U.S.? Or have you joined your nutter friends and similarly take the position that "facts" are whatever you want them to be so long as they come from anywhere besides reputable sources?

Here are some Herman Cain Award winners who seem to share, I mean seemed to share, you and your buddy's hatred of facts and appropriate places to find information.

That is for sure. Those orgs peddled the Russian collusion story for 3 or so years. Then of course stopped peddling that when it turns out there was no collusion.

The Times however still has not returned their Pulitzer prize they won. You would think that would be auto rescinded since as it turns out the stories got it wrong.

But that is just me.

Where is that website where you got the manifesto - which you posted verbatim in about 10 of the longest posts ever written here by someone other than crush - by the anonymous fake pathologist who did not go to a Big 10 med school or attend a high level residency because he is not real? I feel like you never answered that question.

… is from page 140 – and is the closing paragraph – of Thomas Sowell’s superb 1984 book, Civil Rights: Rhetoric or Reality?:

images-5.jpeg

People do not change their vision of the world the way they change clothes or replace old light bulbs. But change they must if they mean to survive. No individual (or group) is going to capture all of reality in his vision. If the only reaction to other visions – or uncomfortable evidence – is blind mudslinging, then the limitations that are common to all human beings become, for them, ideological prisons.

… is from page 393 of George Will’s 2021 book, American Happiness and Discontents: The Unruly Torrent, 2008-2020 – a collection of many of Will’s columns over these years; (the column from which the quotation below is drawn originally appeared in the Washington Post on July 11th, 2020):

Unknown-4-1.jpeg

Fascism was entertainment built around rallies – e.g., those at Nuremberg – where crowds were played as passive instruments. Success manipulating the masses fed fascist leaders’ disdain for the led.

DBx: Today, of course, rallies can be virtual, and crowds can assemble on-line.

Why don't you start and show us what an objective conversation of vaccines looks like.
I'll bite - can we agree that the protection offered by the vaccines against sars-cov-2 isn't playing out as advertised? Don't you remember the 4th of July pipe dream being peddled by the federal government. If you can't agree or see that this is the case, then you are in no position to have an objective conversation.

I am vaxxed and have had a breakthrough infection. I'm one those with super duper hybrid immunity. I'm pro vaccine for the populations that need it.

Notice how the narrative changed after it became apparent that the vaccines waned in such a short period of time and a booster was the answer? We went from providing protection from the virus to championing protection from hospitalization and death. Quite a change of direction. Another interesting note, follow vaccine stock pricing and fluctuations. Wall street likes nothing better than failing vaccines. Not a lot of money to be made in vaccines that work. Plenty of money to be made on vaccines that require therapeutic boosters. Check out stock price for Merck these days. Therapeutics is where you make the money.

Bottom line is the sars-cov-2 vaccines do not work as advertised. Check out the data from Israel and the UK. They have the best data to make conclusions from. With that said, the rate of speed that these vaccines were developed was truly amazing. It's not a panacea and it's certainly a tool to be used in the management of the disease.

Back