USMNT - Turning Point?

One thing I can say is that I like the diversity on the team. I think this is a good reflection doing a better job of opening the pool and looking at all the players that potentially could be capped for the US team. I think players with backgrounds that are African, Latin and African American communities are playing soccer more and are seeing the US National team as a viable option.

At this point without being as technical as the top teams, the US must continue to balance athleticism with the players that are technical. There is still a lot of needed growth, but it is encouraging.
This...

When we were doing well under Klinsmann he simply went out to the European leagues and found players that could, within the rules, play for us. We never really developed much of a pool. The teams under Berhalter are from all over and there are a lot of them. Develop a big pool and let the best rise to the top.

I do have one concern though. Berhalter seems to coach well against CONCACAF teams but no so much against Euros or South American teams. Time will tell but that is a hurdle we must overcome if we are to become successful.

I watched the game where mexico out shot the US 22 to 11 and doubled us up on corner kicks. That sure sounds like Mexico was better Can you back up your statement with stats other than the 1-0 final score?
Mexico outplayed the USA until about the 70th minute. The USA team was the better team for those final 25 minutes. I can’t remember the overtime part.
If they play that game 10 times, mexico will win 7 of those games. Honestly l thought Mexico was going to win 4-1 against our C team. I am glad that I was wrong on my prediction.

Back