US SOCCER - U16 Girls National Team Virtual Meeting (3/28/21)

zags77

SILVER ELITE
Seeing a lot of social media posts regarding U16 Girls National Team Virtual Meeting selections. Does anyone know where you can see the complete list?

I don’t think you can. US soccer didn’t publish anything when they held the U17 version, so I doubt they will for this one either?

That's how I read it:

While the U.S. Youth National Teams remain on hiatus when it comes to in-person training and competition, the U-17 USWNT is convening this week with a virtual camp.

The first roster is not yet available to the public, but dozens of players and youth clubs have announced their call-ups for the event via social media. So far, over 50 players have revealed their participation.

See below for a full listing of players that have been confirmed as U-17 USWNT virtual training camp invitees. Please report additional participants via email to News@TheSoccerWire.com

That's how I read it:

While the U.S. Youth National Teams remain on hiatus when it comes to in-person training and competition, the U-17 USWNT is convening this week with a virtual camp.

The first roster is not yet available to the public, but dozens of players and youth clubs have announced their call-ups for the event via social media. So far, over 50 players have revealed their participation.

See below for a full listing of players that have been confirmed as U-17 USWNT virtual training camp invitees. Please report additional participants via email to News@TheSoccerWire.com
Any call up is worthy of praise. Congrats to all the soccer players :)

Yep. It’s very incomplete.
I wonder what the reasoning is to not formalize an announcement. According to their social media, there are 5 players out of 1 club in AZ chosen for the U16 Camp - 3 previous pool players and two new players. I'm sure CA clubs will be well represented.

I wonder what the reasoning is to not formalize an announcement. According to their social media, there are 5 players out of 1 club in AZ chosen for the U16 Camp - 3 previous pool players and two new players. I'm sure CA clubs will be well represented.
There were more virtual camps during 2020 and they also did not publish about those.

This time the virtual camps include the whole pre-existing pool and lots of others too. Think of it kind of like the regional NTC’s, except since it’s virtual, everyone can “attend” together.

That is amazing for those clubs. Del Sol #1 in Az I guess? Congrats on all the players making the Team.
Ha - Subject to intense argument in AZ. Plenty of good players to be had across the top clubs in AZ.

For now it's congrats to the 06 players who've worked their butts off, weathered the pandemic and the collapse of the DA. They've kept their eye on the ball. 3 of the players are returning pool players, 2 new additions.

Ha - Subject to intense argument in AZ. Plenty of good players to be had across the top clubs in AZ.

For now it's congrats to the 06 players who've worked their butts off, weathered the pandemic and the collapse of the DA. They've kept their eye on the ball. 3 of the players are returning pool players, 2 new additions.

looks like the south & east coast got most of the calls. The covid lockdown here in California made them not choose many from the west coast. Blame Newsom for that one:p

looks like the south & east coast got most of the calls. The covid lockdown here in California made them not choose many from the west coast. Blame Newsom for that one:p
15 players from CA, 16 players from western states (not TX). Not a bad days work for U16 players out west.

They had to thin the herd a bit for the national camp I suppose. There are players who went to the Regional Camp in Chula Vista last FEB that are not on the list (the list may not be all inclusive). Not all regions last year got their camp in. 60 players went to the Chula Vista Camp.

15 players from CA, 16 players from western states (not TX). Not a bad days work for U16 players out west.

They had to thin the herd a bit for the national camp I suppose. There are players who went to the Regional Camp in Chula Vista last FEB that are not on the list (the list may not be all inclusive). Not all regions last year got their camp in. 60 players went to the Chula Vista Camp.
The list is not even close to inclusive.

Back