US soccer cancels a patriotic war hero

US soccer joins other professional sports in disrespecting our flag and all those brave men and women who fought valiantly for our country.

US soccer joins other professional sports in disrespecting our flag and all those brave men and women who fought valiantly for our country.

Dude is a d**khead who made offensive, inaccurate and inappropriate statements at the general meeting. As actual hero Becky Sauerbrunn said, his comments “moved beyond a difference of opinion on policy, and into disinformation and offensive rhetoric”. The fact that he was in the military is not an excuse to be an a**hole.

There is no such thing as cancel culture. There are only consequences for offensive statements. Magats have always had the erroneous belief that they can say whatever d**mbfuck or offensive thing they want without accountability. Wrong. Good for USSF to not be cowed by mob mentality trying to dictate what the flag should mean to others.

When he said lots of countries had slavery and the USA is the only one to fight a war to end it, I’m not sure he understands that is exactly the opposite of the point he’s trying to make.

and to say that oh since only 8% of people owned slaves it couldn’t have been that big of a deal and ignoring the scale and scope of the economies built on slavery is....obtuse. Either intentionally or he’s just stupid.

if you don’t think folks should kneel during the anthem. Fine. Think that. Then head on down to your local police station and ask what policies and procedures they are putting in place to eliminate the murder of Black people. If the kneeling bothers you, go help fix the reason they are kneeling.

but trying to dismiss the whole thing under the guise of some inaccurate facts and tired rhetoric is so played out. It’s 2021.That way of thinking lost the presidency, house and senate. Get a new playbook homie.

Dude is a d**khead who made offensive, inaccurate and inappropriate statements at the general meeting. As actual hero Becky Sauerbrunn said, his comments “moved beyond a difference of opinion on policy, and into disinformation and offensive rhetoric”. The fact that he was in the military is not an excuse to be an a**hole.

There is no such thing as cancel culture. There are only consequences for offensive statements. Magats have always had the erroneous belief that they can say whatever d**mbfuck or offensive thing they want without accountability. Wrong. Good for USSF to not be cowed by mob mentality trying to dictate what the flag should mean to others.

I find you offensive, therefore your membership here should be terminated.

How long until this thread gets booted to off topic2?

My bet is March 3. Anyone else have a guess?

If Rapinoe is playing for Portland Thorns, she should be allowed to kneel. If she's playing for the USA, she should not. There's something different about playing for/representing a country in an international competition in my opinion - not the right forum for the protest. And because she plays on a team sport, it is a team honor, and she is there as part of a team. So, I was fine with the rule.

But Jahn's views did not stop with the above, legitimately debatable issues. They were offensive and racially insensitive. Free speech entitles him to them, but not as a representative of a large group. So, I am also fine with his termination.

And btw, kneeling during a national anthem is easy. Yes, you'll alienate 50% of the population, but 150 million plus folks will be on your side. That's a lot of friends. Easy. Sending out tweets is easy too. The difficult part is coming up with solutions, or spending your money and time off the field doing things that actually impact and help those that are affected by racism or white privilege. I want to see Rapinoe et al. do more than just talk.

Sorry anyone who kneels for the flag while the anthem is playing is a F n loser and deserves to be punched in the face. So many brave men and women gave their lives so you could live free in a great country and showing disrespect to them is complete BS. The guy may not have worded his argument in the best manner but his true motive was only to show respect for the flag and those who fought to defend it. Soccer is part of the cancel culture. I remember seeing Rapino holding the rainbow flag as she received her medal and trophy in a tournament a few years ago. She is representing the United States but still gets to make a political statement with no repercussions because she is a gay female in a protected woke class. I wrote to US soccer telling them how embarrassing and disturbing that was for her to do as she represents the United States.

Sorry anyone who kneels for the flag while the anthem is playing is a F n loser and deserves to be punched in the face. So many brave men and women gave their lives so you could live free in a great country and showing disrespect to them is complete BS. The guy may not have worded his argument in the best manner but his true motive was only to show respect for the flag and those who fought to defend it. Soccer is part of the cancel culture. I remember seeing Rapino holding the rainbow flag as she received her medal and trophy in a tournament a few years ago. She is representing the United States but still gets to make a political statement with no repercussions because she is a gay female in a protected woke class. I wrote to US soccer telling them how embarrassing and disturbing that was for her to do as she represents the United States.
Go fuck yourself you white trash piece of shit. Prove me wrong on any point I've made so far. You don't understand how other people live or what they have been through, because and only care about yourself and your own. If anyone suffered any pain in their life, you can give a shit because you have it all figured out, you got through it, no one besides you deserve anything at all. White is right. Get off hour lawn. NEWS FLASH: The fuck your feelings crowd are pieces of shit like you, you lost. Go crawl back into the hole you crawled out of 4 years ago, the trolls want you back. One guy kneels during the national anthem and you go apeshit. A crowd of zombies plants a flag on the capitol and, for you, it was a great day. You should be punched in the face, you fucking racist asshole.

This kind of attitude is all the more reason to kneel. The flag does not represent the military, and kneeling has nothing to do with service members. Trying to dictate what the flag must mean to others is offensive. A soldier who dies is no more important than someone who was murdered by police sleeping in her own bed.

“Soccer is part of cancel culture”. WTF kind of crazy nonsense is that?

If Rapinoe is playing for Portland Thorns, she should be allowed to kneel. If she's playing for the USA, she should not. There's something different about playing for/representing a country in an international competition in my opinion - not the right forum for the protest. And because she plays on a team sport, it is a team honor, and she is there as part of a team. So, I was fine with the rule.

But Jahn's views did not stop with the above, legitimately debatable issues. They were offensive and racially insensitive. Free speech entitles him to them, but not as a representative of a large group. So, I am also fine with his termination.

And btw, kneeling during a national anthem is easy. Yes, you'll alienate 50% of the population, but 150 million plus folks will be on your side. That's a lot of friends. Easy. Sending out tweets is easy too. The difficult part is coming up with solutions, or spending your money and time off the field doing things that actually impact and help those that are affected by racism or white privilege. I want to see Rapinoe et al. do more than just talk.
Let me fix it. Guy/he/she/whatever is your neighbor. You don't like them. You hate them. They see the world different than you. Instead of making them an example for everything that is wrong with America, the world, the universe, your grandma, you say, hey, I hate them, but I appreciate that they are not me. So when they pull the car out in the morning, keep ignoring them like you have been for 10 years, with the understanding that they are not you, you don't know what they have been through, and whatever they do that day as long as they don't hurt anyone and they follow the rules that are still free society affords them. And just so we're on the same page here, kneeling during the National Anthem is not hurting anyone. Flying a confederate flag, is hurting someone. Fixed.

This kind of attitude is all the more reason to kneel. The flag does not represent the military, and kneeling has nothing to do with service members. Trying to dictate what the flag must mean to others is offensive. A soldier who dies is no more important than someone who was murdered by police sleeping in her own bed.

People who get into the flag stuff are as unAmerican as they come. They have no idea what America even is, they are brainwashed by what one person said.

Cancel culture is when people don't analyze and just shut you down, unfriend, etc. Idiots throw around the term to bully you. The fact that professional soccer players have been kneeling ALL AROUND THE WORLD since the game started after the lockdown is not cancel culture. It's called INCLUSION.

Go fuck yourself you white trash piece of shit. Prove me wrong on any point I've made so far. You don't understand how other people live or what they have been through, because and only care about yourself and your own. If anyone suffered any pain in their life, you can give a shit because you have it all figured out, you got through it, no one besides you deserve anything at all. White is right. Get off hour lawn. NEWS FLASH: The fuck your feelings crowd are pieces of shit like you, you lost. Go crawl back into the hole you crawled out of 4 years ago, the trolls want you back. One guy kneels during the national anthem and you go apeshit. A crowd of zombies plants a flag on the capitol and, for you, it was a great day. You should be punched in the face, you fucking racist asshole.

Anytime anywhere just let me know you BLM antifa woke piece of garbage.

Anytime anywhere just let me know you BLM antifa woke piece of garbage.
So I was right. Thanks for validating everything I said. Also, in one sentence, you used 3 Fox news keywords. In addition to being a racist, is everything you say from entertainment news channels?

Just so you know, you're a shit stain on the fabric of a Great Nation. That's all.

So I was right. Thanks for validating everything I said. Also, in one sentence, you used 3 Fox news keywords. In addition to being a racist, is everything you say from entertainment news channels?
Nah, just called you out but like most blm antifa dirtbags you pussed out...another keyboard bad ass huh? You and Ewok should get a room.

Back