Updating Forum Software

Upper Right Hand Corner, there's a "Mark Read" button that will allow you to mark individual forums. Not sure if it's been there all along or recently added.
Gotcha, didn't even notice that. Got accustomed to the "Mark Read" then select "all forums" or "Just this forum" radial buttons.

I know from the way back machine what a pain in the ass running forums are

Are the email alerts not working since the upgrade? I don't seem to be getting them anymore. I've checked my junk folder and all that as well.

Will premium remove the adds? This new formats terrible.

If not can you guys at least post an epilepsy warning at the top of the page for the abundance of new flashing ads.

I switched over to Brave browser a couple of weeks ago. Many fewer ads get through (I see none at all on this page right now, for instance). Some things don't work, or come up with only "We see you are using a blocker" message, or come up with a grey box (apparently the Brave algorithm sees them as looking too much like unwanted intrusions) so I also keep a Google Chrome window open to use when I run into one of those clashes. Whenever I open a new Brave tab, it gives me a running score of ads blocked, just now at 203,221, and 2.8 "hours saved" (presumably by not spending time on the downloads).

203,225 now.

Platinum membership minimizes the ads. Ads pay for the dedicated server at hivelocity.net .

Only 2 ads on the homepage are displayed to Platinum members, Socceloco, and Albion memorial Vegas tournament.

Platinum membership minimizes the ads. Ads pay for the dedicated server at hivelocity.net .

Only 2 ads on the homepage are displayed to Platinum members, Socceloco, and Albion memorial Vegas tournament.
Dom, thank you so much for providing us a place to come and chat it up with the other crazy soccer parents. I saved up my dollars and bought the Platinum program for $15 bucks. No more ads but the three. The ads work too. I bought a pair of cleats from soccerloco :) Talk politics and soccer all you want for free (more ads) or $15 and no ads except for the three...…...
P.S. This is my favorite part. As a preferred platinum member you can edit anytime you want. Or, delete the whole thing in case you say something that others find offensive. We all do that sometimes in life, don't we? My wife tells me I do that practically everyday to her. I would highly recommend paying the $15 to get rid of the ads that follow you, if you know what I mean. Talking mainly to the dads on here :)

Last edited:
Dom, thank you so much for providing us a place to come and chat it up with the other crazy soccer parents. I saved up my dollars and bought the Platinum program for $15 bucks. No more ads but the three. The ads work too. I bought a pair of cleats from soccerloco :) Talk politics and soccer all you want for free (more ads) or $15 and no ads except for the three...…...
P.S. This is my favorite part. As a preferred platinum member you can edit anytime you want. Or, delete the who thing in case you say something that others find offensive. We all do that sometimes in life, don't we? My wife tells me I do that practically everyday to her. I would highly recommend paying the $15 to get rid of the ads that follow you, if you know what I mean. Talking mainly to the dads on here :)

Ads are his " Bread and Butter "....!
The Freedom of choice to go Platinum is excellent....!
I stand by what I post ...for better or worse...

For a second there last night I thought the site crashed. But noticed this thread this morning. Site maintenance is important.
I thought three rich dads made an offer that Dom couldn't refuse. Dom, just give me a heads up if you ever want to sell. I might want to buy this from you as well :)

Platinum Edit Update:
1574009145530.png

Are the email alerts not working since the upgrade? I don't seem to be getting them anymore. I've checked my junk folder and all that as well.
I'm not getting emails either. Double checked my settings and spam but nothing and all looks as it should. Interesting...

Back