Updating Forum Software

Espola has been here since the forum opened in 2005. Has anyone else been here that long?

Before that I had an account (if you want to call it that - anyone could post under any name they wished) on GotSoccer. Before that, I was a participant in Newsgroups, text-based forums that appeared like public emails, in groups like sci.electronics.design, sci.math. sci.physics, and (most notoriously) rec.skiing.alpine, and participated in the founding of the moderated group (some posts were sent to multiple moderators, any one of whom could approve them, but most people were cleared to post freely until the moderators had to step in) rec.skiing.alpine.moderated.

No more, "Dumb" or "old" Looks like you can report bad content which is probably good. Some of the name calling got out of hand. How about, "peace" or "Brilliant" "Rude" and you can now share all of our posts to twitter and Instagram and I guess the world? Oh wow, that is heavy Dom...….

Before that I had an account (if you want to call it that - anyone could post under any name they wished) on GotSoccer. Before that, I was a participant in Newsgroups, text-based forums that appeared like public emails, in groups like sci.electronics.design, sci.math. sci.physics, and (most notoriously) rec.skiing.alpine, and participated in the founding of the moderated group (some posts were sent to multiple moderators, any one of whom could approve them, but most people were cleared to post freely until the moderators had to step in) rec.skiing.alpine.moderated.

there are soccer cave etchings attributed to you

there are soccer cave etchings attributed to you

My earliest exposure to soccer was the first annual Vermont High School playoff final game in 1957, where my brother and I were ball boys. I had never seen a full soccer game before and I had no idea what a ball boy was supposed to do. The spectators crowded right up to the side lines so we had to run just inside the field most of the time. The game ended 0-0, and under the rules of the time, the winner was selected on the basis of the first tiebreaker - most corner kicks.

Might have been 1958.

Back