Unemployment $$$ for Referees

She made $1500 in one year from refereeing and is a full time college student and now she is able to $3000 a month? Seems immoral and a fraud to me.

sounds like you’re a fraud and immoral

She made $1500 in one year from refereeing and is a full time college student and now she is able to $3000 a month? Seems immoral and a fraud to me.
My son is also drawing unemployment as a youth referee. He has been reffing for several years and this was to be a big summer for him to earn some money towards a car. The unemployment is covering his lost potential earnings. Isn't that what it is for?

My son is also drawing unemployment as a youth referee. He has been reffing for several years and this was to be a big summer for him to earn some money towards a car. The unemployment is covering his lost potential earnings. Isn't that what it is for?
There are people out there that don’t understand that for some of these college students the money they make as a referee is their only income. It gives them some spending money and helps them pay for gas, books, food and school supplies. My DD had a job prior to last fall semester, so she and her employer paid into unemployment. So, why should she be eligible to get her unemployment benefits?

Good to see the refs have such good senses of humor. Since they clearly have no other senses that work, I guess I should not be surprised.
I don’t know if baldref and surfref are really refs, but they must be terrible at their jobs.
They’re like those power-tripping cops who give police, which is a valuable calling as is reffing, a bad name.

I don’t know if baldref and surfref are really refs, but they must be terrible at their jobs.
They’re like those power-tripping cops who give police, which is a valuable calling as is reffing, a bad name.
I have know idea who baldref is. I have seen a few very good refs with no hair. I do know who surfref is, and you would be lucky to have surfref for any game. I am not a ref. Are you a ref?

I have know idea who baldref is. I have seen a few very good refs with no hair. I do know who surfref is, and you would be lucky to have surfref for any game. I am not a ref. Are you a ref?

I have seen surfref work - he is an excellent referee. I think he knows who baldref is based on their conversations here, but I don't know him.

Personal observation - anyone who identifies himself as a referee here should stay out of the political discussions.

Personal observation - anyone who identifies himself as a referee here should stay out of the political discussions.
I agree whole heartedly, but it takes a lot of will-power for me to stay out of politics in this forum. Anonymity is a hell of a drug. But on the off-chance my identity is discovered, I want my posts to be unimpeachable.

I would say I haven't even lived up to this ideal completely on this forum and it makes that platinum subscription look appealing. Imagine having a business that thrives on people wanting to delete their own past words hahahahaha.

Back