Ultimate pay to play summer camp.

Ultimate pay to play summer camp. $3400 for 4 days. Sounds great, but not $3400 great, even if 50% is tax deductable.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...r-girls-fantasy-camp-la-tournament-of-nations

Said when you think about having to ask for that amount of "donation"

" The camp is a special fundraiser to support the U.S. Soccer Development Fund. All proceeds will fund important initiatives to help develop world-class players, coaches and National Teams"

DA soccer is very expensive estimate to be 6k per player per season but just for a 4 day camp WOW:eek:

I wonder if they are encouraging players of fully funded teams to "participate" in the camp.
How in the heck did they come up with that amount? $1,000 - Maybe. A bit of a stretch but not completely crazy. But $3,400? Most club coaches in So Cal don't drive cars worth $3,400.

But $3,400? Most club coaches in So Cal don't drive cars worth $3,400

We must be living in different worlds. I see a lot of BMWs and Audi's. A few coaches think they are smart by driving a hoopde to the field while hiding the fancy ride in the garage. I do know of one coach that really does drive a piece of shit but most people that know him thinks his money goes up his nose. Didn't realize that was still a thing.

We must be living in different worlds. I see a lot of BMWs and Audi's. A few coaches think they are smart by driving a hoopde to the field while hiding the fancy ride in the garage. I do know of one coach that really does drive a piece of shit but most people that know him thinks his money goes up his nose. Didn't realize that was still a thing.
You must be talking about the long time, Eastern European guys that coach 5 teams and run camps all summer long.
The fresh out of college, semi-pros are driving the beaters.

I think people are a little confused about how much Club coaches make. DOCs can make decent money, but coaches don't make squat, even if they are coaching multiple teams. If a Club coach is driving an Audi or BMW, it's from his day job, not from coaching Club soccer.

Back