U20 WWC

The portion of the article that focused on the wrong players is the key to all of this.
Pointing back to a Coaching issue, starting with the Technical Director. The USSF has a history of forgiving failure and/or promoting those that do.

The US population is upwards of 300 million people and we have not produced a top 5 player in the world ever? That’s staggering.

Reasons- poor develoment and our best skilled males are playing other sports line baseball, lacrosse, football, basketball, etc.

On the woman’s side the rest of the world is finally getting interested womens soccer. We are already seeing the world catch up. Soon our women will be middle of the pack like our men.

You want to get better? Have your kid trained in Europe or Latin America from ages 13 to 17.

The portion of the article that focused on the wrong players is the key to all of this.

And they did it again with the U-17’s. Who woulda thought that you’d have 2 concacaf teams in the semis and the USA would not be one of them. I only saw one player that had excellent touch, skill, and confidence with the ball at her feet (#20 with the frizzy hair).

And they did it again with the U-17’s. Who woulda thought that you’d have 2 concacaf teams in the semis and the USA would not be one of them. I only saw one player that had excellent touch, skill, and confidence with the ball at her feet (#20 with the frizzy hair).
Her name is Sophia Jones from SJE (I think she was formerly from DeAnza Force) and I believe is going to Duke after high school.

Your hyperbole in the first paragraph diminishes your credibility for the second. Guessing you didn't watch the games but just looked at the box scores? In Tournament of Nations, Japan purposely started/played younger players, including the goalie who will not be the starter come WC. Japan controlled much of both of those games. Home field advantage in ToN too. USA made some good shots/goals and they were good wins in both those games. But there was certainly no "destroying" going on. This is the mindset that sets up future failure. Superiority complex despite reality. USA's #1 ranking is padded by all of the cupcake victories they get over Concacaf countries (sans Canada) and other low-ranked countries. E.g., next game...Chile.

Japan is also known for keeping youth playing small-sided into High School...5v5, 7v7 to emphasize skill/technique. It shows on the pitch.

Any reasonable person (and even most unreasonable) will concede that the World is catching up to USA women. 2019 WC will be Exhibit A.

Last, I will give credit to Ellis for rotating a lot more players through the system and giving caps. Some of it is due to injury but much of it is to get looks at different players; the way it should be for all these friendlies etc. With the depth in the USA, there really shouldn't be players over 30yrs old on the team. There is no Ronaldo or Messi (on the women's or men's side).

You are so stupid. You actually believe that the more games Japan loses, the better they are, and the more games the US wins, the worse they are.

Back