U16 YNT Roster

how are the teams picked

scouts that work for US soccer , then bring a group to a camp and select from there?

Anyone know who the scouts are for US soccer in Southern California ?
Sit down bro, this might take some time. You see back in 2016, all the 04s and some of the top 05s were told about this new league called the Girls Development Academy that was forming in 2017. No one knew what clubs were going to get in the league but rumor had it that Surf 100% and maybe not Blues because they had no fields, no money, no full rides and no top A License coaches, just damn good recruiters who knew how to poach the top players from other clubs. Training Centers started to pop up in Norco and San Diego. The Docs from the clubs ran these Training Centers with the Scouts. Some Docs were also scouts I found out later and they had the power to pick the selection based on his opinion. Not all clubs had the Doc and head Training Center Director all in one. Anyway, my dd was told 100% she better be invited to the training center first and then find a club that supports the TC. Blues at the time was not into sending their kids to no TC, because the Blues was the TC. US Soccer was not happy with kickball and just recruiting the best players from other clubs to win. Are you still with me bro? Anyway, you had to be a part of the GDA and kiss ass to the docs basically and 100% STFU. Today list is anyone's guess. Please dont hate me for sharing my experience. Like I said, congrats to everyone who made the list.

Sit down bro, this might take some time. You see back in 2016, all the 04s and some of the top 05s were told about this new league called the Girls Development Academy that was forming in 2017. No one knew what clubs were going to get in the league but rumor had it that Surf 100% and maybe not Blues because they had no fields, no money, no full rides and no top A License coaches, just damn good recruiters who knew how to poach the top players from other clubs. Training Centers started to pop up in Norco and San Diego. The Docs from the clubs ran these Training Centers with the Scouts. Some Docs were also scouts I found out later and they had the power to pick the selection based on his opinion. Not all clubs had the Doc and head Training Center Director all in one. Anyway, my dd was told 100% she better be invited to the training center first and then find a club that supports the TC. Blues at the time was not into sending their kids to no TC, because the Blues was the TC. US Soccer was not happy with kickball and just recruiting the best players from other clubs to win. Are you still with me bro? Anyway, you had to be a part of the GDA and kiss ass to the docs basically and 100% STFU. Today list is anyone's guess. Please dont hate me for sharing my experience. Like I said, congrats to everyone who made the list.

I guess we have the luxury on the woman’s side to miss a few here and there given how large and skilled our talent pool is ( compared to rest of the world ). But , when I hear stuff like this it just doesn”t sound as buttoned up as it should be .

it’s not like this on the boy”s side is it ?

I guess we have the luxury on the woman’s side to miss a few here and there given how large and skilled our talent pool is ( compared to rest of the world ). But , when I hear stuff like this it just doesn”t sound as buttoned up as it should be .

it’s not like this on the boy”s side is it ?
I have no idea on the boys side or the girls side today. I just applaud those who made it. We will always have some sour grape and wondering "what's up" at the youngers, until their is a more transparent way, no one knows right now, moo :) The big team will get the best of the best but even then, some will think they got snubbed over for someone else.

I have no idea on the boys side or the girls side today. I just applaud those who made it. We will always have some sour grape and wondering "what's up" at the youngers, until their is a more transparent way, no one knows right now, moo :) The big team will get the best of the best but even then, some will think they got snubbed over for someone else.

yeah , it’s a hell of an accomplishment to make one of these teams . No doubt about that

yeah , it’s a hell of an accomplishment to make one of these teams . No doubt about that
I agree and I sometime get misunderstood. My bone to pick was back in 2017 for the new U14 team, the first ever. It was just a list and not a real team and the docs kind of over played the team when it should have been a list of the future potential players. Its awesome accomplishment. Players who almost make it should also feel great about almost making it.

Back