U16 & U17 Girls WNT

High props to @Kicker4Life and your dd. I mean that 100% and hope you guys go kick ass for the USA! Congrats to all the girls making this team. My dd has had the honor to play with and against many of them and that is really cool. I know those girls have committed themselves and have worked extremely hard to achieve their goals. It's cool to see the girls from ECNL make it too. MLVA and girl out of AZ. She can ball :) Not sure where the other leagues the other players play in but 10% is better than 0%.

Last edited:
U-16 USGNT Roster by Position – UEFA Development Tournament, England:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Mackenzie Gress (Lyndhurst, N.J.; STA Development Academy), Nona Reason (San Clemente, Calif.; San Diego Surf)
DEFENDERS (6): Taylor Bloom (Huntington Beach, Calif.; Beach FC), Sydney Cheesman (Lafayette, Colo.; Colorado Rush), Tessa Dellarose (Grindstone, Pa.; Pittsburgh Riverhounds), Elise Evans (Redwood City, Calif.; San Jose Earthquakes), Maggie Taitano (Carlsbad, Calif.; San Diego Surf), Gisele Thompson (Studio City, Calif.; Real So Cal)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Maggie Cagle (Phoenix, Ariz.; Phoenix Rising), Sofia Cook (Huntington Beach, Calif.; LA Galaxy), Jill Flammia (Manakin-Sabot, Va.; Richmond United), Ally Lemos (Glendora, Calif.; Legends FC), Peyton Marcisz (San Mateo, Calif.; San Jose Earthquakes) Yuna McCormack (Mill Valley, Calif.; San Jose Earthquakes)
FORWARDS (6): Tyler Isgrig (Arlington, Texas; Solar SC), Lumi Kostmayer (Southbury, Conn.; Sky Blue - NYSC), Mia Minestrella (Redondo Beach, Calif.; Beach FC), Allison Montoya (Los Altos, Calif.; MVLA SC), Katherine Rader (Stuart, Fla.; Weston FC), Ava Uribe (Sammamish, Wash.; Reign Academy)

Congrats to the 7 SoCal Girls!!

HB has a lot of high schools too and the US Open of Surfing. I heard there used to be a really good club that played out of there in the 90s. Go HB, way to represent :)

I will say I'm a little shocked that no one from Blues, Slammers/LAFC or Strikers made it. I'm not saying anyone should have I promise, I'm only saying this from a historical stand point.

I will say I'm a little shocked that no one from Blues, Slammers/LAFC or Strikers made it. I'm not saying anyone should have I promise, I'm only saying this from a historical stand point.
very strange no blues, but the other levels have plenty.

very strange no blues, but the other levels have plenty.
Age change hurt the Blues 03, 04 and 05 squads. The Gaffer and TB recruited hard for that State Cup Champion team in 2015 two years prior to the big shake up to birth year. I count 4 former stud Blues players representing other clubs now in both U16 YNT and U17 YNT in England. I'm not saying they would have all still been with the Blues but I bet most of them would be. Slammers has two that left to other teams as well. I see all these FB ads from the top SoCal Clubs with girls representing the club and I think it really helps with marketing. Congrats again to all the players :)

U-16 USGNT Roster by Position – UEFA Development Tournament, England:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Mackenzie Gress (Lyndhurst, N.J.; STA Development Academy), Nona Reason (San Clemente, Calif.; San Diego Surf)
DEFENDERS (6): Taylor Bloom (Huntington Beach, Calif.; Beach FC), Sydney Cheesman (Lafayette, Colo.; Colorado Rush), Tessa Dellarose (Grindstone, Pa.; Pittsburgh Riverhounds), Elise Evans (Redwood City, Calif.; San Jose Earthquakes), Maggie Taitano (Carlsbad, Calif.; San Diego Surf), Gisele Thompson (Studio City, Calif.; Real So Cal)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Maggie Cagle (Phoenix, Ariz.; Phoenix Rising), Sofia Cook (Huntington Beach, Calif.; LA Galaxy), Jill Flammia (Manakin-Sabot, Va.; Richmond United), Ally Lemos (Glendora, Calif.; Legends FC), Peyton Marcisz (San Mateo, Calif.; San Jose Earthquakes) Yuna McCormack (Mill Valley, Calif.; San Jose Earthquakes)
FORWARDS (6): Tyler Isgrig (Arlington, Texas; Solar SC), Lumi Kostmayer (Southbury, Conn.; Sky Blue - NYSC), Mia Minestrella (Redondo Beach, Calif.; Beach FC), Allison Montoya (Los Altos, Calif.; MVLA SC), Katherine Rader (Stuart, Fla.; Weston FC), Ava Uribe (Sammamish, Wash.; Reign Academy)

Congrats to the 7 SoCal Girls!!

Congrats to all these girls that made this team.

I see that 2 players didn't get selected that played U15 Concacaf, Defender from Top Hat and Keeper from OC Surf.

Did the keeper get injured? She is from So. Cal., I've seen her play against my DD team and definitely deserving.

So many deserving players in Socal, Nocal and all over the country. Picking 20 players is no easy task. Coach Lawlor has been watching these girls for three years in socal and has an eye for talent. I think she knows what she's doing and lets all be respectful for that. Anything USA will always get my support. Go America!!!

So many deserving players in Socal, Nocal and all over the country. Picking 20 players is no easy task. Coach Lawlor has been watching these girls for three years in socal and has an eye for talent. I think she knows what she's doing and lets all be respectful for that. Anything USA will always get my support. Go America!!!

I don't believe Jen Lawlor made decision for the 20 players roster.

Given the fact the the keeper is in Top Drawer Soccer Top 150 and is ranked #4 in the country is odd for sure.

Agreed, definitely difficult decision for the head coach.

I don't believe Jen Lawlor made decision for the 20 players roster.

Given the fact the the keeper is in Top Drawer Soccer Top 150 and is ranked #4 in the country is odd for sure.

Agreed, definitely difficult decision for the head coach.
I'm only talking about Socal goats.

In Socal. TD Regional Ranking it shows her as the #1 goat.

That's why I asked if she was injured? I read she was one of the players that attended the Florida camp last month.
I don;t use those sites to rank goalies from SoCal. I use my own eyes, just saying. I know about Surf goalie obviously. I also watched up close and personal The Heat goalie stop two incredible saves off my little goat last year and the West Coast GK is simply amazing and very, very hard to score on. So, I would say it's up to the coaches to make their selection. Each goalie has their unique skill set and they had to pick one of the top 3 from SW area.

In Socal. TD Regional Ranking it shows her as the #1 goat.

That's why I asked if she was injured? I read she was one of the players that attended the Florida camp last month.
It's also possible the eyes that were watching saw that the Surf GK was better that week at camp. I didn;t see the Vegas GK at all. Maybe she's playing HS and was the first one invited but said no?

Back