u16 division

I think the all-star game is a great idea. One it gives other players on the original squad a chance to step up and be seen by college coaches if they are the ones on the bench more than the "GOATS" as you put it. Two it is a big accomplishment to be named. Three one stop viewing for college coaches which allows them to maximize their time at other games.
I spoke to Michigan Hawks dad and he said it was packed but not very many coaches. Again, I could be wrong. His dd played in it and he said it was fast and the girls and fans had a blast. Sounds fun to me :)

You miss the point it is good for the players who get less field time because of the players in front of them on the field. Now with those players out they get there time or more time to shine. ECNL nor DA are guaranteed playing time. There are some on here who would say I am old school in my philosophies too but showcases are showcases.... is winning the priority there?

You miss the point it is good for the players who get less field time because of the players in front of them on the field. Now with those players out they get there time or more time to shine. ECNL nor DA are guaranteed playing time. There are some on here who would say I am old school in my philosophies too but showcases are showcases.... is winning the priority there?
No point to see except your point and mine is the opposite point of view. There is no right or wrong, just a point of view. I don't like showcases at all. I like18 players fighting for each other all year to win. No better goat than the other goats on a team. Just different roles. Waste of time and money to travel to all the showcases across the USA but we all do.

No point to see except your point and mine is the opposite point of view. There is no right or wrong, just a point of view. I don't like showcases at all. I like18 players fighting for each other all year to win. No better goat than the other goats on a team. Just different roles. Waste of time and money to travel to all the showcases across the USA but we all do.

I get your point and the opinion is valid. League games whether DA or ECNL or ABC draw very few coaches and showcases give them the best opportunity to see a player. They college coaches have limited funds and rules they need to abide by. Like them or not it is the best opportunity for exposure.

I get your point and the opinion is valid. League games whether DA or ECNL or ABC draw very few coaches and showcases give them the best opportunity to see a player. They college coaches have limited funds and rules they need to abide by. Like them or not it is the best opportunity for exposure.

Truth right here...the league games being competitive help ensure they're ready when the showcases come....system not perfect but it is what it is

Back