Turning Pro at 13

Why are none of us talking about this player. I heard of her a year or so ago and have watched real game footage. Not clips. Her fanfare is low.

I think I mentioned her upthread (or maybe on another string). My daughter has been with her in camp several times over the years, including an overseas trip, despite being two years older (and I think she attended at least one camp in the run up to the u17 WC when it was primarily 01s with some 02s, so 3 years up). it is no surprise that AS would get this accolade and I often think of her when I see articles about OM.

I think I mentioned her upthread (or maybe on another string). My daughter has been with her in camp several times over the years, including an overseas trip, despite being two years older (and I think she attended at least one camp in the run up to the u17 WC when it was primarily 01s with some 02s, so 3 years up). it is no surprise that AS would get this accolade and I often think of her when I see articles about OM.
Tech mentioned her. But that conversation was short. Saw this and wanted to put it out there. If you can find that thread you mentioned I’d like to read.

Why are none of us talking about this player. I heard of her a year or so ago and have watched real game footage. Not clips. Her fanfare is low.
This what I call a GOAT. A few others I'm sure out there in 04 age. If I had to bet, I would say she will most likely be the one 04 GOAT to make the big squad someday. Not many spots for the big squad that USSF and DA are trying to squeeze out from the girls playing. Good luck to all of you with your pursuit to make the National Team someday :)

Last edited:
This what I call a GOAT. A few others I'm sure out there in 04 age. If I had to bet, I would say she will most likely be the one 04 GOAT to make the big squad someday. Not many spots for the big squad that USSF and DA are trying to squeeze out from the girls playing. Good luck to all of you with your pursuit to make the National Team someday :)
I like her chances of making it to the top.

i think both Sentnor and Jaedyn Shaw are up there with, or even ahead of, Moultrie. All three are pretty special for their ages.

I agree and would add GT and AT to that list!

AS, JS, and OM are top notch for sure.

AS is 04, JS is a 05, and I believe OM is a 06.

Focusing on class 2022, my picks of players that may make the senior team one day are:
Allyson Sentnor - Forward
Juliauna Hayward - Midfielder
Teagan Wy- Goalie

Focusing on class 2022, my picks of players that may make the senior team one day are:
Teagan Wy- Goalie
OM 05

Teagan Wy- Goalie

Focusing on the 2022's, I would agree with ONE of your picks. She's a sweetheart and certainly a game-changer. I just think the college game will change it all. Hopefully, these girls continue to flourish in college. You only have GDA players listed. Is that intentional? To be fair that's who they have called.

Tech mentioned her. But that conversation was short. Saw this and wanted to put it out there. If you can find that thread you mentioned I’d like to read.
In a thread that was started to discuss OM going pro, I find it pleasing that you brought up AS. I knew I liked you!

AS and OM are both phenomenal talents, but the AS story is the other side of the youth superstar coin. If you compare both of their journeys, background, parents, and lifestyles it really shows that the phenomenal young ladies who are at the top of the game in their respective age groups or playing up can evolve or be formed in very different ways.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the AS model / story, it has a lot to do with her fanfare being low as you say. Everything I've read and seen from her story says blue-collar. She punches the clock, goes to work and is the epidemy of "what you do when no one is looking".

I wish all these talented young ladies the best in their futures!

In a thread that was started to discuss OM going pro, I find it pleasing that you brought up AS. I knew I liked you!

AS and OM are both phenomenal talents, but the AS story is the other side of the youth superstar coin. If you compare both of their journeys, background, parents, and lifestyles it really shows that the phenomenal young ladies who are at the top of the game in their respective age groups or playing up can evolve or be formed in very different ways.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the AS model / story, it has a lot to do with her fanfare being low as you say. Everything I've read and seen from her story says blue-collar. She punches the clock, goes to work and is the epidemy of "what you do when no one is looking".

I wish all these talented young ladies the best in their futures!
I share the same sentiment.

She’s determined to play.

Getting entangled in legal battles with her league and team is not a great next step in her career.

Granted, a photo is just an instant captured, but that picture of her on the cover of the article has unhappy, frustrated, angry written all over it.

Getting entangled in legal battles with her league and team is not a great next step in her career.

Granted, a photo is just an instant captured, but that picture of her on the cover of the article has unhappy, frustrated, angry written all over it.

THose parents must be insane! Granted I get their point to allow under 18 players to play but why ruin a young player's life by pushing soccer so much. She can make so much more by becoming a doctor, lawyer, or just any other career that can bring happiness to her life. Let her be a kid (too late for that) and let her go to college (still a chance).

Not so sure getting legal with the entity that pays you equals a bad thing anymore. Megan Rapinoe did it, made a bunch of $$$, and is now famous for it.

Back