Turning Pro at 13

If her father told you that, it is nonsense. She was so challenged at that level that she was hurting the team. You just have to compare what that team did last year, with what they did this year after she left (and basically playing one year up). One thing is dribbling towards your goal, ballhogging and losing the ball more often than not because you do not care to defend and whether the team wins or loses (all they cared was to get right two out of ten to make a highlights video), and another thing is playing soccer at the level, physicality and team commitment required to beat teams like Legends, Surf, Blues or Texans (MIA in those games). When the coach positions all other players to make sure that you can get your video, you are allowed to ballhog, and you take every free kick and corner kick even before you start playing in the team, you will score a few goals (and your team will lose games that should not lose)
So true. All of it.

this quote from the article is one of the reasons I would not be on board with my player going pro at 17 or 18

"...... Average NWSL attendance recently surpassed 6,000 for the first time. Still, some teams play in high school stadiums to sparse crowds. Last summer news stories detailed depressing conditions at the New Jersey–based Sky Blue FC. Port-a-potties for locker rooms. Players cleaning their own jerseys. Unreimbursed medical bills. This is the “professional” world Carli Lloyd returned to after her World Cup heroics. "

Maybe a contract in Europe but not to play in US

Now we know who rainbow_unicorn is!
guarantee he has more than one account and id on this forum.

by always playing up, she is insulated somewhat from criticism. when making mistakes, can always use the excuse, "well, she's playing with girls 3yrs older"

guarantee he has more than one account and id on this forum.

by always playing up, she is insulated somewhat from criticism. when making mistakes, can always use the excuse, "well, she's playing with girls 3yrs older"
KC use to have a handle on the previous forum. He no longer posts.

One thought I don’t think anyone has touched on is that if OM is going to be considered a “phenom,” then she has to be at the top of her sport by the age of 15 or 16. And by the top of her sport, I mean one of the best players in the world, period. Think Janet Evans, Tracy Austin, Nadia Comaneci. She will be there soon, so we’ll see.

Back