Turning Pro at 13

Unicorns used to go to Big U and now they go Pro at 13 or 15. Unicorns are a one in a million-type soccer player. MAPs schooled me big time when my kid was being looked at from Big U as 7th and 8th grader. I appreciated him laying out the truth to me, although it stung my ego hard, and it actually pissed me off reading it, but MAPS was 100% right. He took time out of his day and night to educate me. I do agree with you that college is important (to those who want it and need if for their careers) and soccer can be a great door opener. We should do a "Where are the avatars now?" Maybe even have a reunion of sorts. 133,000 views are not bad.
MAP was a bully and a hypocrite.

Pretty good money is relative, though, right? And I'm sure it's an amazing job for someone just getting started in a career. I'm sure she's paid well enough to live better than most people her age and get those perks, but I travel a lot for my job as well... hotels and restaurants get old very quickly. Gotta admit I'm jealous of the experiences she's getting now, though.
Burn out could happen. Then again they can get by working 15 days a month. She gets 3-4 day trips then 2-4 days off. Flexibility if she wants a few more hours or a few less. What is amazing how often she is in first class flying for free during her days off. Worst case is usually comfort plus with a seat open next to her(flying to Seattle right this minute). Wife and I love the benefits she gets for us. It really brought her out of her shell as well. She has met a lot of other flight attendants' that have been working for 20+ years and they still like the work. As a parent you just want your kid to make a good living. We shall see.

Back