Trump FTW!

Trump's tax cut not for everyone: 1 million Californians will owe $12 billion more next year!

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article209015539.html
When I got my taxes done my accountant provided me with numbers for next years return based on my numbers from this return. He said that he had already completed about 250 returns and out of those 3 of them would see an increase in tax next year under the new tax plan. I'd say those are good numbers..

Trump's tax cut not for everyone: 1 million Californians will owe $12 billion more next year!

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article209015539.html

Thanks for posting push-up. I heard Republican's in Washington are now talking about more taxes cuts. Doesn't that just get you excited!

Trump and the Republican's said they were going to target blue state write offs to help pay for their tax plan. So I'm not sure why anyone in here would be surprised their taxes went up?

Last edited:
Since we're on the topic of the Republican's Tax Cuts... I think it's worth pointing out that once again we see tax cuts for the wealthy, doesn't translate into much of the money trickling down.

It's raining stock buybacks on Wall Street -- thanks to President Trump's massive corporate tax cuts.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/16/investing/stock-buybacks-tax-law-bonuses/index.html

The White House has celebrated the tax cut bonuses unveiled by the likes of Walmart (WMT), Bank of America (BAC) and Disney (DIS).

Yet shareholders, not workers, are far bigger direct winners from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.

American companies have lavished Wall Street with $171 billion of stock buyback announcements so far this year, according to research firm Birinyi Associates. That's a record-high for this point of the year and more than double the $76 billion that Corporate America disclosed at the same point of 2017.

Wall Street loves buybacks because they tend to boost the share price in part by inflating a key measure of profitability. In just the past three days, Cisco (CSCO), Pepsi (PEP) and drug maker AbbVie (ABBV) have promised a total of $50 billion of buybacks.

"It's the largest ever -- and nothing has really changed, except the tax law," said Jeffrey Rubin, director of research at Birinyi Associates.

180215151125-chart-stock-buybacks-high-780x439.jpg

Related: Only 13% of business' tax cuts are going to workers, survey says

Under pressure from Washington, dozens of major companies have decided to share the tax windfall with workers -- or at least some of it. Trump said during his State of the Union that roughly three million workers have received tax cut bonuses. Other companies like Wells Fargo have raised the minimum wage for workers, providing a lasting boost in pay.

But the amount of money allocated so far on bonuses and wage hikes pales in comparison with Wall Street's buyback bonanza.

S&P 500 companies have devoted about $5.6 billion to bonuses and wage hikes because of the tax law, according to research from academics Rick Wartzman and William Lazonick as well as the Academic-Industry Research Network. The group added up commitments from the 50 companies in the S&P 500 that had announced plans to reward workers through February 15.

"Our worst nightmare is coming true," said Frank Clemente, executive editor of Americans for Tax Fairness, a group that fights for progressive tax reform. "We predicted that the lion's share of the benefits of this tax cut would go to already-wealthy shareholders and CEOs, not to a company's workers."

A survey of Morgan Stanley analysts released last week found that just 13% of companies' tax cut savings will go to pay raises, bonuses and employee benefits. 43% will reward investors with stock buybacks and dividends.

The tax-inspired buyback boom may just be getting started. Bank of America recently predicted that S&P 500 companies will use repatriated foreign profits to buy back about $450 billion of stock.

The new law gives companies a tax break -- paying between 8% and 15.5% instead of the usual 35% -- to bring money sitting overseas back to the United States. That's in addition to the savings created by the steep decline in the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%.

Last edited:
Did you vote last time? The time before that? The time before that?
2008 iz what got this whole thing started, you know?

Seeings how Obama didn't take office til Jan 2009... kinda funny you still find a way to blame him.

Anyway it's going to be interesting to see how many Republican congressmen can hold on here in California? They've been dealt a bad hand where at the national level the Republican leadership is sticking it to blue state tax payers- when it's blue state tax payers who elect them to office. Something tells me the OC is going to be a little more blue this fall.

Seeings how Obama didn't take office til Jan 2009... kinda funny you still find a way to blame him.

Anyway it's going to be interesting to see how many Republican congressmen can hold on here in California? They've been dealt a bad hand where at the national level the Republican leadership is sticking it to blue state tax payers- when it's blue state tax payers who elect them to office. Something tells me the OC is going to be a little more blue this fall.
Who is to "blame" for Trump being elected?

Who is responsible for Trump being elected? Pretty simple, especially for an elite.

First let me say you say elite like it's a bad thing. Yea I got myself educated and it opened so many doors in my life.

As to your other point perhaps you should take a second to think. If I hire someone to work for me who I think is going to do a good job and they suck- does that make me responsible for them sucking? Yes I would be responsible for not firing them as soon as I realized they sucked... but a lot of it's on them.
And likewise, yes Trump told a bunch of lies and got himself elected. Does this mean I think all those people who voted for him are now responsible? Idk if I can agree with that as hiring people, even public servants like Trump- is a bit of a crap shoot. So I go back to what I said before- Trump is responsible for Trump.

Last edited:
First let me say you say elite like it's a bad thing. Yea I got myself educated and it opened so many doors in my life.

As to your other point perhaps you should take a second to think. If I hire someone to work for me who I think is going to do a good job and they suck- does that make me responsible for them sucking? Yes I would be responsible for not firing them as soon as I realized they sucked... but a lot of it's on them.
And likewise, yes Trump told a bunch of lies and got himself elected. Does this mean I think all those people who voted for him are now responsible? Idk if I can agree with that as hiring people, even public servants like Trump- is a bit of a crap shoot. So I go back to what I said before- Trump is responsible for Trump.

I thought you people said Putin got Trump elected.

Back